Sep 30 2012
By: Two00IbofBooty Splicer 49 posts

Prospector needs some work! kudos?

[ Edited ]
56 replies 145 views Edited Sep 30, 2012

Prospector is AWESOME! But some things make it so infuriating! I hope LBI sees this so that they can fix these issues. Kudos? Also, why do I have to pay for Mire? I thought the new maps were for free. Anyways.........

1)The jetpack grinders.

These guys are so hard to hit. Sure, you can get a rocket launcher and shoot them down while they're approaching. But when they're up close and personal, they are so freaking annoying! They fly up and down which makes it impossible to lock to. And when they're on the ground they just go back up in a few seconds. So LBI should keep them in the air for as long as possible even when they're up close. Those grinders are pretty OP too. One grinder destroying a bunker is OP enough. But when it is about 10 of them attacking one structure or a rig, it's destroyed in a matter of seconds! They should nerf the grinders significantly! 

2)Shottgunners.

Shotgunners are really OP. The autoaim is so good that you can't run away from it. Well you can but they usually kill you in the process. It IS a GOD in close quarters and mid-range. It's also too strong in my opinion.  It needs a autoaim nerf, a range nerf, and a nerf for power.

3)Bunkers

In competetive MP, you couldn't enter enemy bunkers. But in coop, shotgunners, scrappers, and everyone can. It's unfair and annoying when someone comes behind you out of nowhere and take you out! FIX This ASAP!

4)B&B Pod killers

When the enemies drop down on any building, it's automatically destroyed. Why? In the competetive MP, you couldn't destory an enemy bunker, launch pad, or beam turret when dropping down in a pod.  But why in GOD's name does the AI get this right? They have WAY more people and just like problem #3, it's unfair and annoying!

5)Pod killing enemys

It's really hard to see enemys when you're trying to podkill them. So adding in those notifications, like when seeing B&B structures, would help a lot.

6)Ballards Crossing A.R.M

Placing the A.R.M. for the rig in this map is really strange. The A.R.M. doesn't have the range to repair the rig even when it's as close as it can get. You can only repair the rig by using the repair gun or by putting the A.R.M. on only one spot of the rig which is the side. It's really hard to explain but go see for yourself. You'll know what I mean. Giving the A.R.M. more range would fix this.

7)Rift Barrels

This is just a small problem but I would like to see a bit more rift barrels in each map. It's pretty hard to get some rift energy when others snag it first. But this could be fixed with some more rift when you start.

Thank you for taking the time to read this! ^^

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 57 (145 Views)
Gaming Beast
2140 posts

Re: Prospector needs some work! kudos?

Sep 30, 2012

The problem is that they treat this mode the same way as they treat Multiplayer, but you have no skills and the enemies over-power you so easily it's completely unfair.

I mentioned a vast majority of these things and frankly they don't seem to give a shi+. This mode is not fun at all when you have to go through 6 rounds just to get 1 win. F*ck that!

You are also limited by 4 players, AND it gets more difficult for every person that joins. You can join at any time which is a problem, because countless times I've entered a game where it's nothing but flamethrowing jetpackers that have destroyed everything and you as soon as you spawn. They also follow you like mosquitos.

They have flawless aim, they come equipped with skills yet you have none. Rift accumulates "extremely" slow by killing things and the barrels are next to useless since certain maps have them scattered so far away. They also respawn insanely slow.

There's a difference between having a challenge and complete unfair advantage of the enemy vs the player. Unless you have Flak you're pretty screwed while in a Hawk. You have rocket launchers, swarm lasers, and homing missiles targeting you every second. Even playing a Dogfight Mode in Multiplayer is more fair.

Another problem is that new players try to play Prospector and they quit because it can become so insanely difficult. It also sucks for those that are experienced because these players make poor decisions with what they build.

The Grinder Jetpackers are probably the biggest issue next to Shotgunners and Scrappers. The Grinder buff for Multiplayer completely screws you in Prospector.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 57 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1314 posts

Sep 30, 2012
A vote for next map option in Prospector could go a long way.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 57 (114 Views)
PistoI Proficianado
1120 posts

Sep 30, 2012

EzraMajor wrote:
A vote for next map option in Prospector could go a long way.

Definetly!

At the OP, I've found that in Prospector you need to communicate to win...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 57 (103 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1062 posts

Sep 30, 2012
to the OP, the weapons themselves are not OP, the enemies get buffed up versions of our weapons.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 57 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1765 posts

Sep 30, 2012

1) jet packers will tend to follow you. Get away in a hawk and swarm spam them as they follow you. Also machine gun turrets chew through jet packers.

2) they get in the bunker via the ladder. They do not open the door.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 57 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1765 posts

Sep 30, 2012

5) watch the map. Line up your circle on the red dot. It is much easier than guessing where they are on the ground.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 57 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1765 posts

Sep 30, 2012

6) you can put up to 3 arm around it. You need to put them near the rectangular portion that sticks out towards the edge of the pad.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 57 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Sep 30, 2012

No **bleep** SHERLOCK! It's hard hitting jetpack grinders because they move so much.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 57 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Sep 30, 2012

1)I may not have enough rift energy for a hawk. And they usually destroy it pretty quickly.

2)They do come through the door!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 57 (65 Views)
0 Likes