BAD MEMORIES BAD MEMORIES!

*shaking*
...he's a bad, bad, man
Message 13 of 38 (198 Views)
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Re: Razorback Vs Grizzly

Jan 16, 2013
I love pushing them while invisable. Then flaking the shiet out of those little worthless critters :smileyhappy:
Message 14 of 38 (191 Views)
Survivor
2494 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Arron_Rift wrote:

Hey guys,

The Razorback is one of my favorite vehicles (I love roadkilling :smileyvery-happy:) but I've found the it is much harder to use since the grizzly was added. The grizzly can take it out in mere seconds with it's gun, and so the razorback is almost useless in matches like lightweight, etc. So far the best strategy that I found is to use escape artist and a jetpack to survive their attack and shoot them with a MAW, but this still makes me lose my razorback in the process.

Are there any good strategies or tricks for handling a grizzly while you're in a razorback?

Perhaps mining the razorback and charging? I'm not sure if that would work.

Message 15 of 38 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1288 posts

Jan 16, 2013

DarthDanMan wrote:

Arron_Rift wrote:

Hey guys,

The Razorback is one of my favorite vehicles (I love roadkilling :smileyvery-happy:) but I've found the it is much harder to use since the grizzly was added. The grizzly can take it out in mere seconds with it's gun, and so the razorback is almost useless in matches like lightweight, etc. So far the best strategy that I found is to use escape artist and a jetpack to survive their attack and shoot them with a MAW, but this still makes me lose my razorback in the process.

Are there any good strategies or tricks for handling a grizzly while you're in a razorback?

Perhaps mining the razorback and charging? I'm not sure if that would work.

I've tried this but it mostly works on tanks, as you can dodge thier first two shots and then get in close. The main problem with this is that the Razorback's main strength in my mind is as a roadkill machine, which it immediately loses once you put you start putting mines on it. They literally explode in your face the moment an enemy soldier comes near them.

LBI, if you're reading this, please consider lowering the damage done by the Grizzly's gauss cannon to the Razorback so that it takes at least two clips to destroy it. Sidewinders can bunnyhop away, hawk's can fly away,  and tanks can effectly shoot back, but ATM the razorback is practically a one-hit-kill for a grizzly. This one little hotfix would really help balance this flaw in my mind.

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 16 of 38 (182 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Jan 16, 2013
I do agree that it's pretty much suicide to run a razorback up on a enemy grizz, unless the person is completely inept, the RB will always lose.
Message 17 of 38 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Jan 16, 2013
Grizzly sucks
Message 18 of 38 (162 Views)
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Jan 16, 2013

i'd say razorback vs. grizzly works and is pretty much even. the only problem is it's 2v1 (r-sec stunt aside) and when you 2v1 one you have countless other things that work too.

Message 19 of 38 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Put mines on your Hawk and turn on stealth.

Message 20 of 38 (148 Views)