Wastelander
536 posts

Re: Razorback Vs Grizzly

Jun 1, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Arron_Rift wrote:

Hey guys,

The Razorback is one of my favorite vehicles (I love roadkilling :smileyvery-happy:) but I've found the it is much harder to use since the grizzly was added. The grizzly can take it out in mere seconds with it's gun, and so the razorback is almost useless in matches like lightweight, etc. So far the best strategy that I found is to use escape artist and a jetpack to survive their attack and shoot them with a MAW, but this still makes me lose my razorback in the process.

Are there any good strategies or tricks for handling a grizzly while you're in a razorback?

Just having a partner really, the grizzly dies fast by the razorback turret.

I love the  RB but when I am driving solo I run from grizzlies, speed is the advantage in this encounter if you are in the RB by yourself

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 38 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
536 posts

Jun 1, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Southern_DuDe_20 wrote:
Or push them

into the acid :smileytongue:

Pleaae provide more info for this.

The RB can push the grizzly rig

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 38 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2548 posts

Jun 1, 2013
Grizzly will almost certainly win.
Razorbacks are faster but grizzlies can dodge better (Bunny hops).
Razorbacks also have more range but are less accurate unlike the grizzly auto lock.
Best chance for the Razorback is to build a shield and stay in the turret.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 38 (128 Views)
Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Jun 1, 2013
Yeah grizzlies are easily the easiest vehicle to be good with, especially vs hawks due to their fantastic/ridiculous auto lock (depending on if your the grizz-er or the grizz-ey) really though I believe that's what they're there for, other vehicles all fill a specific role, the grizzlies are a fast anti-vehicle role making it particularly effective against the slower, lightly armoured razorback. In this situation I'd assume your best bet is to have engine mods and vehicle repair on and just swerve away, maybe with a passenger shooting maws or something. you could also try just spawning a beam turret, it takes like two seconds and absolutely rips through grizzlies in the open, at the very least they'll be forced to back off.
maybe if lightbox weren't layed off we'dve gotten those alternate turret razorbacks to deal with this issue...
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 38 (118 Views)
Fender Bender
2548 posts

Jun 1, 2013
Grizzlies are also anti troop though it takes like 4 shots to kill a troop.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 38 (109 Views)
0 Likes
PistoI Proficianado
1120 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Smudge228 wrote:
Yeah grizzlies are easily the easiest vehicle to be good with, especially vs hawks due to their fantastic/ridiculous auto lock (depending on if your the grizz-er or the grizz-ey) really though I believe that's what they're there for, other vehicles all fill a specific role, the grizzlies are a fast anti-vehicle role making it particularly effective against the slower, lightly armoured razorback. In this situation I'd assume your best bet is to have engine mods and vehicle repair on and just swerve away, maybe with a passenger shooting maws or something. you could also try just spawning a beam turret, it takes like two seconds and absolutely rips through grizzlies in the open, at the very least they'll be forced to back off.
maybe if lightbox weren't layed off we'dve gotten those alternate turret razorbacks to deal with this issue...

That is a good point... Makes me wonder, what did they have planned after the Grizzly?

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 38 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
536 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

Grizzly auto lock? How does one do that? I can't hit anything with the grizz cannon.

I would have liked a missle turrent on a razorback, or perhaps a big grinder to tear up ground vehicles.

If I got my ultimate wish, auto grenade laucher

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 38 (95 Views)
Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Jun 1, 2013
it's not so much an auto lock as an auto correct, if you fire at a hawk then as long as it's in the aiming circle the shot will land, I've taken out loads of hawks with it and I'm usually god-aweful at aiming. It's almost as if the hawks are magnets for the grizzlies bullets (not neccessarily a bad thing in my opinion.) try it out next time you play, if the bullet is aimed near the hawk it's basically a garunteed hit and if you just rapid fire I'm pretty sure it only takes 4 hits to kill.
I've never been able to kill troops with it mind, not unless i use that ground shot ability anywho. scince the aiming reticule moves with the grizzly it kinda makes it hard to land such accurate shots for me.

and yeah, I 'recon a homer missile turret (like the a2a one not the maw,) a grenade launcher turret and maybe a turret which provides some kind of team buff (like a healing aura or damage buff) could have made the razorback into a really cool support vehicle. ah well, no use crying over... layed off developers...
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 38 (91 Views)