Dec 19 2011
By: StubbornPuppet Uncharted Territory 1094 posts

Razorback rundown kills

24 replies 141 views Edited Dec 19, 2011

Couldn't find another discussion on this, so sorry for starting yet another topic in an already overrun forum...

Last night, I heard about 30 complaints about dying from getting run over by razorbacks.  I don't normally have any gripes about how folks choose to do their killing and even fewer for those that get killed the same way over and over, but I can see the problem in this case.

The razorbacks (at least last night) seemed to have an invisible death-field projected about 7 ft out from them in all directions.  Everyone in the crew I was running with were noticing it, so we decided to investigate.  Sure enough, if we or the enemy were standing anywhere within about 6-7 ft. of a moving razorback, you were DEAD.  It wasn't lag - the thing didn't even have to be directly pointed at you.  I could stand against a wall and let the razorback drive by parallel to the wall, 6-7 ft. away... and I was dead without it even touching me.

The problem remained consistent through 1 hour of testing, with 3 different hosts.

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 25 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: Razorback rundown kills

Dec 19, 2011

mhm. I thought i had a lag problem when this constanty happened to me til my teammates were having the same thing happen to them. im not sure how much, but there is definitely an added kill radius on the Razorbacks.

Whenever i get a heads up on a Razorback coming my way and i get out of its front from being hit(I'm positive i was out of the way becuz I could see behind the thing) some crazy invisible range on it will somehow catch me.

It seemed like a minor problem til I encuntered more Razoback Drivers coming at me every match to exploit that extended radius. It is something that definitely becomes an annoyance especially when you kno that you shouldnt have died.

Hopefully this topic is spotted and looked into if not already posted.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 25 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Dec 19, 2011

I haven't noticed this but what I have learned is to sit at the flag at the very start of the round whilst you get the energy to build what you want. Otherwise I get mowed down by a razerback trying to rush our flag. Razerbacks are good to hunt down though, good XP from them and a couple of kills. Always satisfying.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 25 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 19, 2011

lol the crazy thing is that I do sit back to get rift energy.

Mainly becuz i stay behind to build the defense of our base during CTF. its just those opening that i cant always get to myself throughout an entire round end up becoming a road for RazrBacks and I end up looking like a fool trying to dodge them only to end up squashed by its invisible extra set of tires lol.

But even your solution cant fix the actual problem sadly. Defensive or Offensive stance, the fact that its there indeed messes up the game. I mean either way(whether 1 person uses the exploit in a match or 10), it's still going to be there unless fixed or looked into.

I personally think thats one of those minor problems that go unnoticed and end up being a major prolem for an unbalanced game at launch once many catch on to it.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 25 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Dec 19, 2011

Maybe, but honestly I haven't experienced it. Whenver I'm hit by them it always looks pretty legit. One thing I do get annoyed by is how if the side of then hits me traveling 5 MPH then that also kills me. However it always looks like It at least impacted upon me.

And when I drive them too, it's the same. I'm never able to hit people aside directly. Perhaps it's lag making things look different from your perspective, however I will give it more of a try when I'm next online.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 25 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 19, 2011

well like i said, i thought it was lag on my part til my friends and teammates had same problem happen to them.

i havent driven the razorbacks often enough to get opportunities to mow over someone tho.

I dunno maybe its a frequent bug or something like the weird range on the knife melee.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 25 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
447 posts

Dec 19, 2011

I don't think it is much of a problem but seven feet does sound a little excessive. It is easy to avoid them, just get on a wall or something, and they are pretty easy to take out with a shotgun, grenades, or RPG. If you die any other way then that's just the game, the Jeep doesn't come free and its just like getting killed by someone on a jetpack, it seems unfair but you can do the same thing and there are plenty of weapons to counter it. I wouldn't mind if the range were decreased to five feet (the same as the knife) but not much more.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 25 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Dec 19, 2011

I don't think this is lag related.

You can run into a mech's ankles with a razorback and it gives you a runover kill and a dead mech pilot, plus the squoosh sound, like the pilot had been on the ground.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 25 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Dec 20, 2011

Glad to see I'm not the only person who notices this. I was also just about to report on the killing a mech pilot by bumping them.

So, I guess this post is kind of a bump.

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 25 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Dec 20, 2011

+1. I hate the 7ft radius. I also dont like it that if im on a rock and manage to jump over the razorback, that it kills me. I jumped over it!!!

it should have a 1ft radius on all sides.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 25 (141 Views)
0 Likes