Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
1165 posts

Re: RubiconAlpha's LBP2 Starhawk Level Teaser

Dec 30, 2012

thesupertman wrote:
@rubiconalpha

Are you doing more than one level?

I'd like to do "Dust (White Sands)" and something with "Space" down the road but "Cypress" will be my first one and it won't be ready anytime soon.

I wouldn't worry about using the same map types since I'm sure the game play will vary enough.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 104 (254 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Dec 30, 2012
Cool. I'm sure your levels will rock!!

Some of my levels aren't the best. I rush them out.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 104 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
222 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Woah! Thats pretty sweet brah! Thought by looking at these pictures ( I may be wrong ) I think you dont know about another cool shading tecnique on LBP2 that makes objects look much more indepth. You shade with different stickers and trust me it does look nice after words. Just add me on PSN if ya curious.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 104 (246 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1165 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 31, 2012

Thanks afk-12.

I haven't done any final detail work like sticker shading yet to my models since I would tweak them once I have my lighting angle fixed.

Details like lighting and effects like flames will be added later. I have some lighting just as place holders to remind myself to adjust later.

One could get lost in all the details. Something I do often. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 104 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Dec 30, 2012
@rubiconalpha

I'm sure your level will be more detailed than mine!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 104 (217 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Dec 30, 2012

afk-12 wrote:

Woah! Thats pretty sweet brah! Thought by looking at these pictures ( I may be wrong ) I think you dont know about another cool shading tecnique on LBP2 that makes objects look much more indepth. You shade with different stickers and trust me it does look nice after words. Just add me on PSN if ya curious.

This is good unless you run into sticker glitch issues. In larger levels or items you get that stupid issue with sticker bits missing and make it look bad.

As for the op, great models! Are you going to emit the items and destroy when off screen? Just wonder because your level is a bit comlex looking so for, Looking forward to see more.

Welcome to Craibwoud

LBP2: U.S.S. OK
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 104 (205 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1165 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 31, 2012

Celsus wrote: 

As for the op, great models! Are you going to emit the items and destroy when off screen? Just wonder because your level is a bit complex looking so for, Looking forward to see more.

Great suggestion Celsus. I hadn't thought of that. I would save the thermometer if I only had rendered what I needed to see. You know, like every other 3D game out there.

I'm so used to thinking that I need everything all the time which is silly since all players must be close enough to each other.

Funny thing is now I'll likely add more complexity to my level...thanks. :smileytongue:

Kudos X10

To everyone:

I updated my pictures at the start of the post. Just used full level lighting to show detail. Not how the finished level will be lit. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 104 (191 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Lol, it helped many people with the emit destroy, I had to do it on a level to get the updated vehicles to emit (I was on overheat constantly...if I rewound once it would stay in overheat and I would have to exit or remove items to do more. So I put the entire level (it was the size of the entire build area) in the destroyn off screen, and the scoreboard not to spawn until the end...but with all the free space I added more and more until even the emit trick would no longer work. :smileysad: SO I know what you are going through, so becareful not to go crazy, my space vessel 8212 level may take a bit longer to load because I added so much...but I over did it with somethign like 6 unique vehicles, multiple shortcuts, an in game pause menu, and much more. Eitherway I would say to overdo it because while many people may not like the longer downloads, fans of the game will not care.

p.s. I had some glitches on one level with the 3d item emitting so just do so publish tests to double check...I think as long as nothing is in the thin back layer that shares the 3D back layers or in the 3D area you should be fine aslong as it has the anti-grav at dampen 100%...but I could be wrong.

Now hurry up and finish so we can play! :smileyhappy:

Welcome to Craibwoud

LBP2: U.S.S. OK
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 104 (169 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1165 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Update: 01-03-13

Posted new pictures of the basic core model for the Bunker (without team specific paint schemes) on the first page.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 104 (155 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1698 posts

Jan 3, 2013

EPIC ....... super cool 

photo TGKSHBG2013_zpsa906bc94.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 104 (144 Views)