Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 19 2012
By: Samokoske Fender Bender 3293 posts
Accepted Solution

SH Alt Contest!

[ Edited ]
420 replies 867 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

Mr. Durant and The Enthusiast were having a conversation about alt names in another thread. They mentioned names like MrA2G and MrG2GG2AA2GA2A it was funny, so the conversation was throttled back and forth. Also XMBkick floats around here and makes some cool jokes about the game to us, and I thought that was a cool idea. So I think I'm going to make one of these ALTs for giggles, one of my favorites, ClusterFlakker. So, this morning, that conversation inspired me to host a contest!

Here are the rules:

Make a SH related ALT and post here with some flavor text, backstory or just a story of 'how you got your name.'

In order to be considered in the contest if the alt has less than 100 posts. (older alts will be considered)

And to also be considered you need to post that flavor text.

Multiple posts will not be counted towards judging. The only post that will be considered for further judging is the official 'entry post' with the flavor text.

Copycats with slightly altered impersonated names will be immediately disqualified from the judging process. I don't want to see multiple Dylan Jobes.

The only way a 'copycat' will be considered is if you drastically alter the name, and then provide your own flavor text.

Originality counts.

You are also allowed to go back to your entry post and edit the flavor text if you'd like.

I see some alts are making a debut, but there's not enough to solidify them in the running. Great stuff so far though.

To make judging fair, I will post contestant's entries here with their name linked to their entries posted, so you can see it yourself. If you are a main account that posts here regularly, (or happen to be a new member) you may kudos a post for nomination to further judging consideration. This process will be transparent, so as not to facilitate any bias towards or against any names.

The back and forth is awesome guys, it gives this kind of thing some cool visibility (Bruiser vs. Outpost), and it is pretty funny. So go nuts!

I would also like for you to know that if any contestants are noted for being too inflammatory, offensive, or impersonations of real people, as in the legitimately funny Dylan_JobeLBI, the alt in question may (or may not depending on content) be deleted upon the end of this contest.

Deadlines are so far Mid-January. I'll repost with a better date at a later time. Thank you for your participation, and have fun!

The best post will win a $20 PSN card. As the alts trickle in I'll post the names here, and you can be totally anonomous.

So far the contestants are:

Dylan_JobeLBI

XMBkick

mrG2GA2GA2AG2A

Emmett_Graves_

Bruiser_Skill

OC_OutpostSpam

ClusterFlak(mine)

LBI__Pete

DOESnotownSTRHWK

Podkill

TightbxInheractv

MLGAltNumer1

All entries will be considered final on Friday, January 18th, 2013. After that date, we will go through a judging process based on final votes in the polls, nominated from any entry with 4 kudos. Polling closes on Friday, January 26th, where I will seek and verify the contestant's alt is still valid, and upon confirmation be given the prize.

If you are afraid of premature termination, please send me a PM through your alt for early verification.

In the event the prize cannot be redeemed, it will go down the ladder to the next available winning entry.

Impersonating members of our community will not be considered for this contest. Their relationship with Starhawk is only in its participation, and not with its involvement, or anything else related to the game.

Sorry guys.

Honorable mention goes to LoganGraves-. You should get your legit entry in, this is a good alt.

Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC is not responsible for this promotion.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 421 (867 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Re: SH Alts

Dec 19, 2012

Taking off topic post from one thread,moved to the off topic thread, realizing it may be an on topic discussion then make an on topic thread about it.

Touche.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 421 (861 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Ill repost mine that I put in the off topic thread: ClustersNoobs

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 421 (858 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 19, 2012
I'll edit the OP as they come in. This could turn into a funny game, or a contest. Who knows? Also it was TheEnthusiast, not Insidious who inspired the convo.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 421 (855 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 19, 2012
Actually, here is the full on contest. Will edit OP soon with the details when I get on comp.

$20 PSN card for the best SH alt that actually POSTS here. Make an alt, post in here with your alt name, and the best alt gets $20 PSN card/code. You can be totally anonymous, your alt will get the prize. They must be SH related though! And I may consider WH references if they are good.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 421 (854 Views)
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

Hey guys, I'm proud to announce that our record breaking team of 8 developers have begun working on a new update, update 1.05, its going to have everything that makes Starhawk, well Starhawk!

Improved XMB Kick, called the Space Kick, getting kicked off the game to the XMB not enough? Don't worry this new and improved system will kick your **bleep** into Space.

More control for hosts, you know those host kicks? We've made them better, now with the ULTRA MEGA HOST KICK, you can kick everyone that is doing better than you in your game with one press of a button, heck we've even added the ability to kick people who aren't even in your server.

Thats all for now, don't worry, our crack team of developers are still working on making your experience, less enjoyable.

Goodbye all and a Merry Christmas.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 421 (845 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 19, 2012
Oh this is going to be awesome. Per dylan jobe's lead, when you post here with your alt do some flavor text. A story about 'you' (your alt) in the first person.....

lol! BEST THREAD EVAR!

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 421 (838 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Already gone downhill with the first entry... 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 421 (829 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 19, 2012
Do you propose any rules or guidelines mr rules guy?

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 421 (823 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47532 posts

Dec 19, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 421 (819 Views)
0 Likes