Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
501 posts

Re: SH Alt Contest!

Jan 22, 2013

Samokoske wrote:
I already have a solution. It is favorable, but I'd really like to see things play out before I go ahead and blow my whistle.

Why the secrecy? Now I am more than convinced you are trying to sway this contest in somones favor like Mr Pilgrim above you says due to your inability to help and effectively answer a simple question.

You say I harass you? I keep asking becuase you never DO anything about what I ask you.  You are clearly underprepared to be in charge of something like a community event.

Please use plain text.
Message 271 of 421 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Because I am not your monkey. I won't dance to your tune, and I am under 0 obligation to you or anyone else here in this competition. You should be appreciative that I offered an extension of courtesy that I'd consider your entry a viable contender.

In all honesty, what makes pilgrim more qualified, when he shortened the chances of obtaining the pistol challenge to other contenders by half in a TDM? Those on his team were cut their opportunities by half by giving the opposing team twice the chances?

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 272 of 421 (173 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Addendum to my post: is that favoritism? I wouldn't hold that against him. It's a circumstantial predicament. How foolhardy of us to think he's got it all figured out after neary a year hosting these things.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 273 of 421 (161 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Samokoske that problem was remedied ( I was there in the matches so I can say that I know this ) Pilgrim made a mistake and was called on it in game.  He fixed this by handing out an additional reward to another person that got him with a pistol in a following match. He screwed up and fixed it by making the reward avaialble to all in that later match. People make mistakes.

You on the other hand are the one in charge of this event and you are withholding information about you event to thos participating in it when they ask you legit quesitons.  It's bad form to provide info only when it suits you.  Your event isn't about you it's about your pariticipants.

You say you don't have any obligation, but you do. You were also quick to jump on me when I had Proving Grounds running and a small change needed to be made and you kindly rememinded me it was my obligation to do so swiftly.  Why is it not the same for you?  

Please use plain text.
Message 274 of 421 (144 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Because it was kindly suggested as opposed to vehemently demanded. Nor was I a participant, nor was I expecting a response. And I am apparently expected to have all the answerd on the spot, as I guess you were and in the case of pilgrim's mistake so was he.

There is a cash prize at stake here, I cannot willy nilly offer double what I promised, nor can I cut someone's winnings in half with good consience that this in fact the commitment I will promise a week before the time of fulfillment.

Regardless, a solution has presented itself to me, and if push comes to shove, I shall exercise all possibilities.

These contraversies do nothing to help our contestants compete in an honest limelight, so I would please ask once again to allow this contest to run its course before **bleep**ting all over whatever is left of this **bleep** poor excuse of a 'community.'

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 275 of 421 (129 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Hmm.... can i say urinate?

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 276 of 421 (127 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Also, I don't have any obligation. I can just tell pete and jobe to **bleep** off for violating TOS, as I have mentioned before I have no control over what the mods can or cannot do over these forums. Just as well, I see we finally have Robert Downy Jr.....

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 277 of 421 (123 Views)
Sackboy
501 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Samokoske wrote:
Also, I don't have any obligation. I can just tell pete and jobe to **bleep** off for violating TOS, as I have mentioned before I have no control over what the mods can or cannot do over these forums. Just as well, I see we finally have Robert Downy Jr.....

All the more reason why you need to be on top of things! You're not even in control of you own event. It's more broken and has more holes than the game you are here trying to promote a community for!  Fail.

Please use plain text.
Message 278 of 421 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Sorry I looked up a couple posts.  You're not fond of the community either. My bad.

Please use plain text.
Message 279 of 421 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Was the same curtousy extended to me for my high kudo post that was banned in the demot contest? I don't do it for the love dude. impartiality so far has done you the favor of getting your entry on that poll.

but would it be creul of me if i just gave it to second place instead? Or is it that you could actually win, but you're bitter about it?

I'll just do warhawk 2 and show favoritism today.

PODKILL GETS THE PRIZE WITH ONE VOTE!

WHAT A CHAMP PODKILL!

Now the other voters feel disenfranchised... poor you.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 280 of 421 (95 Views)