Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 13 2012
By: Samokoske Fender Bender 3293 posts

SHers, what other games are you playing?

[ Edited ]
311 replies 741 views Edited Dec 8, 2012

Since we're gamers, we love to play videogames whenever it's not Starhawk. Is this the only MP game you play? What others could I find you in? What SP games do you enjoy? I like to compare trophies.....

So, franchise favorites, favorite devs, new IPs you're looking forward to, other online games you play, put it all down here. This should be a fun topic!

Jak and Daxter was mentioned recently, and I love my HD collections. But here are my thoughts about this one.

R&C>Jak>Sly
but
ND>Insomniac>SP

Also, I'm playing some God of War Origins, and wow have I missed alot in the franchise. Ascension will be nice! Metal Gear Rising Revengeance is in very capable hands, the demo that came with Z.o.E. (again) was packed with delicious Raiden kickass goodness.

So, Starhawk. What are you playing?

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 312 (741 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Re: SHers, what other games are you playing?

Nov 13, 2012
I'll be playing black ops 2 and starhawk! I don't get black ops 2 till tommorow though (b-day). I'm turning 15 tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

I'll be playing black ops 2 for the rest of the week!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 312 (735 Views)
PlayStation MVP
47858 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
This has been coming up more often in other threads, and since BlOps2 is out today, I fugured this would be the right time to bring this up.

So, franchise favorites, favorite devs, new IPs you're looking forward to, other online games you play, put it all down here. This should be a fun topic!

Jak and Daxter was mentioned recently, and I love my HD collections. But here are my thoughts about this one.

R&C>Jak>Sly
but
ND>Insomniac>SP

Also, I'm playing some God of War Origins, and wow have I missed alot in the franchise. Ascension will be nice! Metal Gear Rising Revengeance is in very capable hands, the demo that came with Z.o.E. (again) was packed with delicious Raiden kickass goodness.

So, Starhawk. What are you playing?

Over the last 2 months besides starhawk I've been playing (in order of playtime)

Borderlands2

The walking dead: The game

I did just buy Spec Ops: The Line so I'll be off trophy hunting in that a bit.

Once Black Ops 2 comes down to under 30 bucks, shipped, used I'll buy it for the campaign mode and any co-op if it is there...unless a clanmate or two get it early and want me to get it to play co-op. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 312 (722 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
880 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Black ops 2. 

It is fun. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 312 (718 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Warhawk.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 312 (715 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 13, 2012
See, I'm no fan of traditional shooters, but in this day where shooters are rampant, i find myself gravitated to a few. Resistance is one franchise I can get myself to enjoy. 1 heinous trophy from platinum there, but the 1st was my favorite. It had Ratchet and Clank's weapon wheel, and there was some vehicular variety that gave the genre a solid and unique approach. 2&3 were basically pure shooters.

I found recently why I didnt like FPSs though. The control schemes aren't optimal for dual analog. I've yet to find a move configuration that makes an FPS worth playing. If you own a Wii, buy The Conduit. If more shooters played like that, I'd be playing CoD all day.

But now that I have a PC, I can use mouse/keyboard for shooters. I find I like that configuration over dual analog as well. Spec ops for PC?

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 312 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8187 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Just platted R&C 1/2 on the collection. Haven't started UYA yet. Have to beat Sly 3, Jak 2 before I get into UYA. Just leveled out (for now) on BLands2. Been playing the Tony Hawk HD collection which I recommend to any old school THPS1-3 fans (expansion coming SOON as well) Great bang for your buck regardless of the lack of old school skaters (WHERE IS BURNQUIST). Anywhoe

LBP2

BLands2

BlOps2

R&C Collection

THPS HD

and the occasional NBA Jame OFE

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 312 (699 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8187 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Also, Crash Bandicoot 2 > Spyro 1-3; Jak games were better made than the R&C games; and UC > Resistance/ Infamous BUT Insomniac games have always proven to be more fun IMO. R&C F:ToD is the reason I bought a PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 312 (694 Views)
Survivor
2066 posts

Nov 13, 2012

R&C>Sly>Jak

SP>Insomniac>ND, for me

Playing a lot of AC3, going to be playing Crysis 2 (Free for PS Plus, dont have to hand any money over to EA!), I remember one of the game modes being particulary fun.

Getting BlOps2 at Christmas or at a later date for trade-in price, no online pass after all. Was going to get FC3 but they announced there wouldn't be any vehicles in the MP, so I decided to sort of boycott that game.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 312 (687 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2066 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
See, I'm no fan of traditional shooters, but in this day where shooters are rampant, i find myself gravitated to a few. Resistance is one franchise I can get myself to enjoy. 1 heinous trophy from platinum there, but the 1st was my favorite. It had Ratchet and Clank's weapon wheel, and there was some vehicular variety that gave the genre a solid and unique approach. 2&3 were basically pure shooters.

I found recently why I didnt like FPSs though. The control schemes aren't optimal for dual analog. I've yet to find a move configuration that makes an FPS worth playing. If you own a Wii, buy The Conduit. If more shooters played like that, I'd be playing CoD all day.

But now that I have a PC, I can use mouse/keyboard for shooters. I find I like that configuration over dual analog as well. Spec ops for PC?

Resistance 2 has the funnest Co-Op ever. Its MP is much better than R3.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 312 (685 Views)