Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8187 posts

Re: SHers, what other games are you playing?

Nov 13, 2012

armyluke wrote:

R&C>Sly>Jak

SP>Insomniac>ND, for me

Playing a lot of AC3, going to be playing Crysis 2 (Free for PS Plus, dont have to hand any money over to EA!), I remember one of the game modes being particulary fun.

Getting BlOps2 at Christmas or at a later date for trade-in price, no online pass after all. Was going to get FC3 but they announced there wouldn't be any vehicles in the MP, so I decided to sort of boycott that game.

Yuk. What puts SP ahead of the other 2 for you? I have both infamous and infamous 2 on my hard drive but haven't touched infamous much at all. Well made game, but just not a game that I find myself dying to go back to. The original Sly was magnificant, but 2&3 are so repetitive. Somewhat of a chore. Curious as to your age. Crash defines my playstation gaming at the earliest stages. Crash 2 was the first game that was "mine" and not my brothers so maybe it is partly that. I don't know something about ND just defines gaming for me. I don't think there is any possible way despite what reviews could say that I will not buy the last of us. DKC was my bread and butter and Crash sort of built off of that mentality of level design and collect things aspect.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 312 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 13, 2012
What's UYA?

And all those are great HD games. I might get me that Tony Hawk stuff, great N64 memories. I mentioned also to you earlier that all I want from HD again is Xenosaga, Kingdom Hearts (confirmed), and NBA/NFL Streets. Though Streets is unimportant, and I'd love to see some PS3 (digital or HD) versions of FFXII, Dragon Warrior VIII, but FFX is confirmed.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 312 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8187 posts

Nov 13, 2012

armyluke wrote:

Samokoske wrote:
See, I'm no fan of traditional shooters, but in this day where shooters are rampant, i find myself gravitated to a few. Resistance is one franchise I can get myself to enjoy. 1 heinous trophy from platinum there, but the 1st was my favorite. It had Ratchet and Clank's weapon wheel, and there was some vehicular variety that gave the genre a solid and unique approach. 2&3 were basically pure shooters.

I found recently why I didnt like FPSs though. The control schemes aren't optimal for dual analog. I've yet to find a move configuration that makes an FPS worth playing. If you own a Wii, buy The Conduit. If more shooters played like that, I'd be playing CoD all day.

But now that I have a PC, I can use mouse/keyboard for shooters. I find I like that configuration over dual analog as well. Spec ops for PC?

Resistance 2 has the funnest Co-Op ever. Its MP is much better than R3.

I spent so many hours on the coop. SO fun. Just an enjoyable experience. Does anyone know if R2 servers are going to be back and active when they release the collection?

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 312 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 13, 2012
R2 servers are still up. I play with my clanmates all the time. Only gripe is that 10k kills trophy. Enough people play the game still, but that trophy is a grind for me.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 312 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8187 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
What's UYA?

And all those are great HD games. I might get me that Tony Hawk stuff, great N64 memories. I mentioned also to you earlier that all I want from HD again is Xenosaga, Kingdom Hearts (confirmed), and NBA/NFL Streets. Though Streets is unimportant, and I'd love to see some PS3 (digital or HD) versions of FFXII, Dragon Warrior VIII, but FFX is confirmed.

Up Your Arsenal (R&C3)

I'm such a sucker for HD releases. Nostalgia is such a selling point to me. KH I'll buy for the sole purpose of just having it. NBA Streets will also be picked up. THPS is a must buy @$15 and the amount of replay they put in it with new game modes is not a selling point but is def a staying point. I just have the projectives trophy for platinum and I'll still play it after that. I just love playing warehouse! Too many memories of beating that game with EVERY player until it was all done with everybody when I was younger.

R&C DL will also be in stores by the end of the year and I'll be picking up the new R&C as well. When the new year rolls around I will be looking at 7 R&C plats >_<

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 312 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8187 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
R2 servers are still up. I play with my clanmates all the time. Only gripe is that 10k kills trophy. Enough people play the game still, but that trophy is a grind for me.

I couldn't connect to a server when I tried to the other night. I was miserable at FPS when I played that game so I look forward to revisiting it.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 312 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2066 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Mini_Sal wrote:

armyluke wrote:

R&C>Sly>Jak

SP>Insomniac>ND, for me

Playing a lot of AC3, going to be playing Crysis 2 (Free for PS Plus, dont have to hand any money over to EA!), I remember one of the game modes being particulary fun.

Getting BlOps2 at Christmas or at a later date for trade-in price, no online pass after all. Was going to get FC3 but they announced there wouldn't be any vehicles in the MP, so I decided to sort of boycott that game.

Yuk. What puts SP ahead of the other 2 for you? I have both infamous and infamous 2 on my hard drive but haven't touched infamous much at all. Well made game, but just not a game that I find myself dying to go back to. The original Sly was magnificant, but 2&3 are so repetitive. Somewhat of a chore. Curious as to your age. Crash defines my playstation gaming at the earliest stages. Crash 2 was the first game that was "mine" and not my brothers so maybe it is partly that. I don't know something about ND just defines gaming for me. I don't think there is any possible way despite what reviews could say that I will not buy the last of us. DKC was my bread and butter and Crash sort of built off of that mentality of level design and collect things aspect.

I've played the Crash games years ago, I'm not judging the companies based on their quality of games, Insomniac sided with EA and turned their new IP 'Overstrike' into 'Fuse' which just looks plain boring, ND are spamming those Microtransactions and SP haven't really done anything bad I can recall, if I was judging by the quality of games, I'd say Insomniac>ND>SP, dont really like Uncharted though.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 312 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8187 posts

Nov 13, 2012

armyluke wrote:

Mini_Sal wrote:

armyluke wrote:

R&C>Sly>Jak

SP>Insomniac>ND, for me

I've played the Crash games years ago, I'm not judging the companies based on their quality of games, Insomniac sided with EA and turned their new IP 'Overstrike' into 'Fuse' which just looks plain boring, ND are spamming those Microtransactions and SP haven't really done anything bad I can recall, if I was judging by the quality of games, I'd say Insomniac>ND>SP, dont really like Uncharted though.

Understandable. Also, I can see where you are coming from with UC games and anybody who says "this game is pretty and kinda neat just not my cup of soup" is in the right. Still need to play UC3 despite owning it for almost a year -_-. Wrath of Cortex and warped need to be remade on the ps3. Those games are legend. Spyro was meh though for me. As far as PS3 I would tip it towards Insomniac as well. Fuse will be interesting how it ends up. I'll pick it up. TOTAL fanboy when it comes to Insomniac and ND.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 312 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2066 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Cant wait for R&C: Full Frontal Assault/Q-Force, a R&C MOBA? Hell yes, I dont care if its a spin off, its still R&C.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 312 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3080 posts

Nov 13, 2012

I have been playing warhammer 40k space marine

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 312 (228 Views)
0 Likes