Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1062 posts

Re: SHers, what other games are you playing?

Nov 13, 2012

Mini_Sal wrote:

Just platted R&C 1/2 on the collection. Haven't started UYA yet. Have to beat Sly 3, Jak 2 before I get into UYA. Just leveled out (for now) on BLands2. Been playing the Tony Hawk HD collection which I recommend to any old school THPS1-3 fans (expansion coming SOON as well) Great bang for your buck regardless of the lack of old school skaters (WHERE IS BURNQUIST). Anywhoe

LBP2

BLands2

BlOps2

R&C Collection

THPS HD

and the occasional NBA Jame OFE

Just a question, did you get 1 million bolts in the first R&C legitimately?

Message 81 of 312 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Pistol Proficinado
590 posts

Nov 13, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Orpheus_Fool wrote:

Recently I was playing (and cleared):

- Armored Core V

- Dark Souls DLC

- Dead Space

At the moment, I'm also playing

- Catherine (it went on hold when Dark Souls came out)

- Way of the Samurai 4

- Super Robot Taisen (the GBA game)

How is Catherine?   I was semi-interested in getting that.

Story wise, it’s pretty interesting (and unusual): it’s about a 32 year old guy whose long time girlfriend starts talking about tying the knot. At about the same time, he wakes up next to a mysterious girl who then starts to pursue him. So, he’s trying to figure out what to do with his life. Meanwhile, every night he is plunged into a nightmare where everyone is a sheep. There, he has to climb a tower riddled with traps and if he falls, he will die in real life. Parallel to that, there is a string of mysterious death among young men who are found dead in their bed. The story changes according to your choices and has multiple endings.

Gameplay wise, you have to climb a tower by moving blocks to create stairs. There are different types of blocks: normal, heavy (takes more time to move), crumbling (you can only take a few steps on them), trapped (if you stand to long on them spikes will come out and kill you), iced (you slide until you reach a non-iced block, a obstacle, or fall off and die), trampoline, etc. However, you have to hurry because the lower levels of the stage keep falling off. That”s the core mechanic.

That mechanic is applied a little bit differently during the game:

Nightmare stages: They are part of the storyline. There you also have sheep who will try to knock you off or get in the way of your climbing. You also have bosses who climb from the bottom and try to kill you. In the nightmare stages, you can also get items that make it easier for you to climb. On easy and normal, you can undo your moves.

The stages and separated in sections. At the end of each section you arrive at a landing. There you can save, buy an item, talk to other sheep. Some sheep have conversation choices that will change your alignment (it influences the story) and can mean the eventual life or death of that character. There are also demonstration of climbing techniques to help you with the game. When you want to continue, you go into a confessional to answer a random question which changes your alignment. If you are online, you can see stats for the answer players gave on their first time answering.

Tower of Babel: This is exactly like the core mechanic, however the tower is randomized and the new sections arrive regularly so you can’t plan to much in advance. Also, you can’t undo your moves. There are multiple levels to the tower of Babel that are unlocked according to how many “gold’ award you got on the nightmare stages. It’s pretty difficult. You can also play it co-op.

Rapunzel: It’s a challenging “mini-game”. You have 3 lives per game day. There, you have all the time to think since the tower doesn’t crumble. However you a limited number of moves, but you can undo up to 9 preceding moves. Your progress there is tied to the game data (I think), since you keep your progress even if you start a new game without clearing one.

The game flows like this: Nightmare stage --> Story cutscene (events change according to your alignment and other choices) --> Bar --> Nightmare --> etc.

At the bar you can save and talk to the main characters’ friends and other bar patrons. Your choices affect your alignment and the story (as well as who lives and who dies). You will also receive text messages that you can reply to. Your replies will affect your alignment and story. It’s there that you can play the Rapunzel mini-game and you can also drink beer (it will increase your movement speed during the nightmare stages). The first day, you don’t have free control there.

Being amongst the quirkier games, it’s definitely not for everyone. However, I’m having a lot fun with it. I hope this helps.

Favorite quote from the game (From the continue screen): “Now is not the time to be dead.”

Message 82 of 312 (190 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 13, 2012
@ Unknown, i played the game 3 times. Midway on my 3rd run was when I got that trophy.

this is me helping
Message 83 of 312 (185 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1062 posts

Nov 13, 2012
I gave up after the 3rd run and just used the glitch.
Message 84 of 312 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Nov 13, 2012

armyluke wrote:

What happened to that mode in Crysis 2 where its Nanosuits VS Humans? Did they remove it?

It's in there and it works well.  They (the guys formerly of Free Radical) did a really good job of balancing things in Crysis 2.  The real thorn in my side is that Crysis 2 suffered from the same kind of marketing that Starhawk did.  "No Advertising At All!"

Crytek assumed "Heck, this is CRYSIS... everyone knows that name and we don't need to spend a penny to advertise it... all we have to do is build it and they will come."  Wrong!  It was a really good game with cool multiplayer... but nobody bought it and they released it right on top of two other big FPS titles.  Stupid, just stupid.  Hopefully they will not make the same mistake with Crysis 3.

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Message 85 of 312 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6510 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Who wants to play black ops 2 zombies with me tomorrow?
Message 86 of 312 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8715 posts

Nov 13, 2012

thesupertman wrote:

Is that Starhawk DLC?

I'm down for some space cowboy zombie death anytime.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 87 of 312 (162 Views)
Survivor
2067 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Phillyblunz wrote:

thesupertman wrote:

Is that Starhawk DLC?

I'm down for some space cowboy zombie death anytime.

Someone should make a zombie server, Outcast = Knife Only, Rifter = Shotgun and KR only. Whenever someone on the Rifter team gets killed they switch to the zombie team.

Message 88 of 312 (160 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6510 posts

Nov 14, 2012
Sounds fun, but I won't be playing!
Message 89 of 312 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Face of the WWE
1991 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Ac3, and MOH:WF. Soon to be ps:allstars.

One Time and current reigning "Face of WWE" Champion
Message 90 of 312 (145 Views)
0 Likes