Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Jul 30 2013
By: supvic Lombax Warrior 126 posts
Offline

SP and MP separate on PSN?

7 replies 181 views Edited Jul 30, 2013

On the PSN store there's 3 versions of the game; the full game (12gb), single player (9gb) and multiplayer (6gb).

 

I want to buy the full game as it's on sale for £7, but I want to know if the full game purchase gives you an option to download the SP and MP separately as they can be purchased separately as well. Will I get both versions added to my download list or is it a completely different one-package game including both SP and MP? I've already finished the campaign so I don't want to waste space downloading it for nothing.

Message 1 of 8 (181 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 03/09/2009
Offline
1704 posts
 

Re: SP and MP separate on PSN?

Jul 30, 2013

i think its all one thing 

 photo TGKSHBG2013_zpsa906bc94.jpg
Message 2 of 8 (177 Views)
Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/08/2013
Offline
1043 posts
 

Re: SP and MP separate on PSN?

Jul 30, 2013

MP is really where this game shines, so don't base it on the SP part of the game

Message 3 of 8 (158 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
49161 posts
 

Re: SP and MP separate on PSN?

Jul 30, 2013

supvic wrote:

On the PSN store there's 3 versions of the game; the full game (12gb), single player (9gb) and multiplayer (6gb).

 

I want to buy the full game as it's on sale for £7, but I want to know if the full game purchase gives you an option to download the SP and MP separately as they can be purchased separately as well. Will I get both versions added to my download list or is it a completely different one-package game including both SP and MP? I've already finished the campaign so I don't want to waste space downloading it for nothing.


I think its a totally different download for each one.  You will have to download the SP if you buy the full game.  How much is the MP only on sale for?

Message 4 of 8 (152 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/31/2008
Offline
1094 posts
 

Re: SP and MP separate on PSN?

Jul 30, 2013

The MP game is really what Starhawk is about.  That "campaign" you finished is nothing more than a tutorial with a thrown together story to help sell the game as having "Single Player".  

 

Just buy the MP.  The main benefit is that, when you start the game up, you won't have the possibility of accidentally continueing the campaign and having to wait 5 minutes for the stupid movie to play before you can exit and go back to multiplayer.

 photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Message 5 of 8 (144 Views)
Reply
Pistol Proficinado
Registered: 07/07/2012
Offline
590 posts
 

Re: SP and MP separate on PSN?

Jul 30, 2013

StubbornPuppet wrote:
The main benefit is that, when you start the game up, you won't have the possibility of accidentally continueing the campaign and having to wait 5 minutes for the stupid movie to play before you can exit and go back to multiplayer.

:smileylol: Yeah, when that happens, it's just faster to quit the game via XMB and restart it.

It happened to me way too many times :smileylol:

Message 6 of 8 (139 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/18/2007
Offline
126 posts
 

Re: SP and MP separate on PSN?

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2013

sigh... like I said I finished the campaign months ago. I'm asking if the MP and SP is separate because I want to save space. I don't care about the SP, I only want to play the MP, but the sale is for the total game, not the SP and MP separately, I'm not going to pay double the price for just the MP, if I were that desperate I'd have bought the game at launch. Is there really no one here that's bought the whole game off PSN?

Message 7 of 8 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
49161 posts
 

Re: SP and MP separate on PSN?

Jul 31, 2013

supvic wrote:

sigh... like I said I finished the campaign months ago. I'm asking if the MP and SP is separate because I want to save space. I don't care about the SP, I only want to play the MP, but the sale is for the total game, not the SP and MP separately, I'm not going to pay double the price for just the MP, if I were that desperate I'd have bought the game at launch. Is there really no one here that's bought the whole game off PSN?


They are one big file if you buy the full game.  That is why I asked you how much the MP was selling for :smileywink:.

 

 

Message 8 of 8 (94 Views)
Reply
0 Likes