thanks phoenix, this is a good skill for teamplayers, when a team needs to "take" an outpost, that might be cool.--------------------------------------------------
----- Hey dudes LucasKobe3peat here, new account
I like using it to take their hawkpads
Howdy Starhawk fans! I just wanted to take the time to share what knowledge I've gained has I play through the great multiplayer experience LBI has given us ! I don't have all the skills unlocked yet but what I do have unlocked I'll share some tips that might make it easier. Please feel free to add to the list that way we can offer a complete list to our community!!!!
Co-op Skill unlocks
After goofing around in the prospector mode, I realized I accidently unlocked some of the multiplayer skills. Unpon further research, I've complied a list of all the skills that unlocked for me during prospector mode. I played Ballard's Crossing duing my unlock attemps on medium and soloed it. You will only need to make 3 beam turrets to finish the round and use the bunker and tower for achievement purposes. Make sure before you build your rift tower and start the match to collect all the barrels and weapons hidden throughout the map.(Hit if you are just starting out all the weapons are the yellow dots on the mini map)
- This skill requires you get a kill with every infantry weapon. They are the static rifle, revolver, sniper rifle, welding torch, mines, shotgun, rocket launcher, grinder, knife, and grenade. I don't know if they kinfe and grenade is a must for the skill requirement to be met but I did so on the safe side.
- This skill requires that you kill two enemies with one shot of the sniper rifle. I unlocked this skill as I was working on Svanger. One of the rounds will have ravengers rush your rig. Let them reach the rig to easily line up 3-5 enimies with one shot.
- Field Mechanic
- I don't know if I unlocked this in competitive or co-op, but I'm sure if you hoped into a tank it will be an easy unlock . (I would love for this to be verified if someone has unlocked it and tries in co-op mode)
- Depeing on the random spawn of the map, you'll have one to two waves of hawks. Just hop into a hawk and shoot down 10 hawks A2A.
- I believe this skill the be easier unlocked in a competitive match. However, the jeeps and tanks typicall stop for a couple secs to hack away at your rig. Take your pod shot then . (Your best place is on the raised platform to the left of your rig. A jeep always stops there once a round).
- Fast Lock
- This skill requires that you unlock the Anti-Air medal in a match. Use the same strategy as you did for Fuel-Efficiency except using a rocket this time. I had some frustration on this one since my turrets tend to finish them out. If you are lucky to have two waves of hawks, this one won't give you any problems
- This requires that you kill the person that killed you. I unlocked this in copetitive but I'm sure that you can go through this in co-op. Just have one of the ravengaers kill you and then extract your revenge ! (I would love for this to be verified if someone has unlocked it and tries in co-op mode) (I would love for this to be verified if someone has unlocked it and tries in co-op mode)
- This skill requires that you earn the repair medal. Once you have your 3-4 for beam turrets up, just walk around and leet them do all the heavy lifting and repair them with your torch. You will have to repair 1000 points of dmg to unlock the medal.
Each game is going to differ server to server. I unlocked most of my skills in the ground pounder servers since cluster spams is such a problem to the community at this time. (After the patch, things may be different )
- Weapon Mods
- Requires that you have the most kills of the "winning" team. My advice to you is to play defence during a CTF if match. Between your personal kills, turret kills, and mine kills, this should be relatively easy. Just have patience and you'll earn it.
- Engine Mods
- Requires that you have the most road kills of the "winning" team. Again, I would try to play CTF defense with you either defending in an Ox tank or jeep gunner. (Tips I learned, you can't shoot an enemy inside your own shiled. You can only shoot out of the shield not in )
- Rift Economy
- Requires that you earned the builder and battler medal in a single round. Before you leave base in any mode, I recomend zones, just build 5 mini turrets for your builder medal. As you progress through the zones match, you'll come accross enemy rift points with unguarded defenses. Just destory 5 buildings before the end of the match and you are all set!
- Rift Affinity
- Requires that you gained the most rift of the "winning" team. Again, I unlocked this while playing CTF defense. Another great way to earn this is zones. As you travel between rift points, make sure you destory all the barrels you see. (Helps to have Rift Economy unlocked )
- Quick Learner
- Requires that you win 3 matches in a row. To be honest, this is just a bit of luck. If you have a group of friends that play with mics or a random group that communicates well, these are your best chances of success. (I do know from expereince thaty don't have to be 3 wins on the same server.)
- Squad Leader
- Requires that you earn the most experience on a "winning" team. Again, I unlocked this playign CTF defense. If your opponets are very addament taking your flag, you get 125 exp per flag return. (Having Quick learner equip tends to help.)
- Combat Intel
- Requires you destory an enemy's outpust 60 secs from constructions. This is probably by far the most luck drivien requirement since most players are building outside their home base. My advise is just roam around with a tank in CTF or TDM and hope that luck is in your favor. ( I got mine playing CTF when an opponet built the outpost right behind my flag. Lucky I know )
- Turret Jammer
- Requires that you destory 10 turrets in a single match. Just ride in with a tank on ground bounder and shoot at all the mini turrets. If you dont' succed in your first run. Keep at and by the end of the match you'll have it. (Tip you can destory mini turrets with your knfie )
- Requires that you destory 3 turrets with your knife...my tip from the previous skill comes in handy lol. In a CTF match, the first thing people tend to build is mini turrets. Just ride in on one of the bikes for some quick turret disables. (Helps to have turret jammer active
- I think that is the one where you have to kill the enemy in their own supply bunker. I just flew a hawk to a base and went in from the top and just camped in their supply bunker till someone came in. If you dont get it on your first try, just spawn and fly over till youget it.
- Heavey Weapons
- Requires you to kill 10 enemies with the rocket launcher in a single match. Make an effort to always go in your supply bunker and get rockets, fly to enemy base and take out as many as you can, repeat till you get ten kills (if you only use the rocket launcher, your kills on the menu will reflect how close you are). KDR may be low.
- Requires you to kill 10 enemies with the rocket launcher in a single match. Same as #11 just with sniper...also, dont go all the way into base, just use the sniper for an entire round, you should get close. KDR may be low
The rest of the skills listed below I'll need your help with . I haven't got around to unlocked these yet but I'm sure with all the talent out in our community we can compile tips for the rest of the skills. Good luck guys and I hope this helps!
- Point Man
- Low Profile
- Escape Artist
I would like to thank wSTRYKERw for his contribution to helping this guide become complete!
This still needs to be completed but I think this would be a great addition to your skill list!!!
Maybe I can get phoenix to edit in a link to your in-depth post on her OP here.....hi Phoenix
There are 2 choices if you decide you want to put it in there
I remember when Weapon Mods increased magizine size for ALL weapons. Now it's only troop weapons ...I deffinately want that back . But thanks for posting all the skills.
I know I got in the tank on retail and went "huh, well that stinks for me"
This list may have to be adjusted after the patch/hotfix
Skill NameSkill DescriptionHow to unlock skill
Scavenger Increased ammo received from pickups and increased max ammo for all weapons Get one kill with every troop weapon in a single game Weapon Mods Larger Clip (Freaking magazine!) size for all troop weapons and longer overheat time for vehicle weapns Get the top kills on the winning team Marksman Slower weapon spread increase while firing, faster spread recovery, and reduced base spread kill two enemies with on LR-3 railgun shot Field Mechanic Gradually repair any vehicle your in automatically Get at least 10 kills in a game using a vehicle Fuel Efficiency Increases max fuel for the vulture jetpack and hawk Earn the dogfighter medal Engine Mods Increase max speed of vehicles Get the most road kills on the winning team Rift Economy Gather more rift energy Earn both the builder and battler medals in the same match Rift Affinity Slowly gather rift energy over time, even if not in a base Collect the most rift on the winning team Quick Learner Gain More XP Win 3 matches in a row Squad leader Allow teammates to spawn at your position Earn the most XP on the winning team Combat Intel Show all enemies on the radar destroy an enemy outpost within 60 seconds of its construction Stealthy Never show up on enemy radars, this trumps combat intel Get 10 melee kills in one game Turret Jammer Prevent unmanned enemy turrets from firing at you Destroy 10 turrets in a single game Shock Trooper Reduced Respawn time Kill an enemy vehicle with the drop pod Fast lock faster rocket/missle aquisition Earn the anti air medal Vengeance Show an in-world notifier on your most recent killer at all times and pay out a special XP and rift energy award when you kill him Kill an enemy after they killed you Hyper-Aware Nearby mines and players receive in world notifiers evin if invisible our out of LOS Destroy 10 enemy r-sec proximity charges during one game Bruiser Melee damages vehicles and buildings Dismantle 3 enemy turrets with a melee attack in a single game Escape artist Survive the destruction of vehicles or buildings Hop out of 10 buildings/vehicles right before they are destroyed Hacker Use enemies' control panels to spawn vehicles and capture buildings Kill an enemy inside his own supply bunker Low Profile Don't attract or detonate enemy proxy/air mines Destroy 10 enemy r-sec/air mines in a single match Sniper Always spawn with the LR-3 railgun Get 10 railgun kills in a single game Heavy weapon Always spawn with a M.A.W. rocket launcher Get 10 MAW kills in a single game Engineer Always spawn with a welding torch Earn the repairman medal Point Man Always spawn with a union shotgun Get 10 union shotgun kills in a single game
If you haven't done this already, you may want to change the Bruiser skill for the Grinder skill.