Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 23 2012
By: ztkaspar Monster Hunter 38 posts

Skill Unlock Guide

9 replies 582 views Edited May 23, 2012

Howdy Starhawk fans! I just wanted to take the time to share what knowledge I've gained has I play through the great multiplayer experience LBI has given us ! I don't have all the skills unlocked yet but what I do have unlocked I'll share some tips that might make it easier. Please feel free to add to the list that way we can offer a complete list to our community!!!!

Co-op Skill unlocks

After goofing around in the prospector mode, I realized I accidently unlocked some of the multiplayer skills. Unpon further research, I've complied a list of all the skills that unlocked for me during prospector mode. I played Ballard's Crossing duing my unlock attemps on medium and soloed it. You will only need to make 3 beam turrets to finish the round and use the bunker and tower for achievement purposes. Make sure before you build your rift tower and start the match to collect all the barrels and weapons hidden throughout the map.(Hit if you are just starting out all the weapons are the yellow dots on the mini map)

1. Scvanger
        1. This skill requires you get a kill with every infantry weapon. They are the static rifle, revolver, sniper rifle, welding torch, mines, shotgun, rocket launcher, grinder, knife, and grenade. I don't know if they kinfe and grenade is a must for the skill requirement to be met but I did so on the safe side.
      2. Marksman
        1. This skill requires that you kill two enemies with one shot of the sniper rifle. I unlocked this skill as I was working on Svanger. One of the rounds will have ravengers rush your rig. Let them reach the rig to easily line up 3-5 enimies with one shot.
      3. Field Mechanic
        1. I don't know if I unlocked this in competitive or co-op, but I'm sure if  you hoped into a tank it will be an easy unlock . (I would love for this to be verified if someone has unlocked it and tries in co-op mode)
      4. Fuel-Efficiency
        1. Depeing on the random spawn of the map, you'll have one to two waves of hawks. Just hop into a hawk and shoot down 10 hawks A2A.
      5. Shock-Trooper
        1. I believe this skill the be easier unlocked in a competitive match. However, the jeeps and tanks typicall stop for a couple secs to hack away at your rig. Take your pod shot then . (Your best place is on the raised platform to the left of your rig. A jeep always stops there once a round).
      6. Fast Lock
        1. This skill requires that you unlock the Anti-Air medal in a match. Use the same strategy as you did for Fuel-Efficiency except using a rocket this time. I had some frustration on this one since my turrets tend to finish them out. If you are lucky to have two waves of hawks, this one won't give you any problems
      7. Vengeance
        1. This requires that you kill the person that killed you. I unlocked this in copetitive but I'm sure that you can go through this in co-op. Just have one of the ravengaers kill  you and then extract your revenge !  (I would love for this to be verified if someone has unlocked it and tries in co-op mode) (I would love for this to be verified if someone has unlocked it and tries in co-op mode)
      8. Engineer
        1. This skill requires that you earn the repair medal. Once you have your 3-4 for beam turrets up, just walk around and leet them do all the heavy lifting and repair them with your torch. You will have to repair 1000 points of dmg to unlock the medal.

Competitive

Each game is going to differ server to server. I unlocked most of my skills in the ground pounder servers since cluster spams is such a problem to the community at this time. (After the patch, things may be different )

1. Weapon Mods
        1. Requires that you have the most kills of the "winning" team. My advice to you is to play defence during a CTF if match. Between your personal kills, turret kills, and mine kills, this should be relatively easy. Just have patience and you'll earn it.
      2. Engine Mods
        1. Requires that you have the most road kills of the "winning" team. Again, I would try to play CTF defense with you either defending in an Ox tank or jeep gunner. (Tips I learned, you can't shoot an enemy inside your own shiled. You can only shoot out of the shield not in )
      3. Rift Economy
        1. Requires that you earned the builder and battler medal in a single round. Before you leave base in any mode, I recomend zones, just build 5 mini turrets for  your builder medal. As you progress through the zones match, you'll come accross enemy rift points with unguarded defenses. Just destory 5 buildings before the end of the match and you are all set!
      4. Rift Affinity
        1. Requires that you gained the most rift of the "winning" team. Again, I unlocked this while playing CTF defense. Another great way to earn this is zones. As you travel between rift points, make sure you destory all the barrels you see. (Helps to have Rift Economy unlocked )
      5. Quick Learner
        1. Requires that you win 3 matches in a row. To be honest, this is just a bit of luck. If you have a group of friends that play with mics or a random group that communicates well, these are your best chances of success. (I do know from expereince thaty don't have to be 3 wins on the same server.)
      6. Squad Leader
        1. Requires that you earn the most experience on a "winning" team. Again, I unlocked this playign CTF defense. If your opponets are very  addament taking your flag, you get 125 exp per flag return. (Having Quick learner equip tends to help.)
      7. Combat Intel
        1. Requires you destory an enemy's outpust 60 secs from constructions. This is probably by far the most luck drivien requirement since most players are building outside their home base. My advise is just roam around with a tank in CTF or TDM and hope that luck is in your favor. ( I got mine playing CTF when an opponet built the outpost right behind my flag. Lucky I know )
      8. Turret Jammer
        1. Requires that you destory 10 turrets in a single match. Just ride in with a tank on ground bounder and shoot at all the mini turrets. If you dont' succed in your first run. Keep at and by the end of the match you'll have it. (Tip you can destory mini turrets with your knfie )
      9. Bruiser
        1. Requires that you destory 3 turrets with your knife...my tip from the previous skill comes in handy lol. In a CTF match, the first thing people tend to build is mini turrets. Just ride in on one of the bikes for some quick turret disables. (Helps to have turret jammer active
      10. Hacker
        1. I think that is the one where you have to kill the enemy in their own supply bunker. I just flew a hawk to a base and went in from the top and just camped in their supply bunker till someone came in.  If you dont get it on your first try, just spawn and fly over till youget it.
      11. Heavey Weapons
        1. Requires you to kill 10 enemies with the rocket launcher in a single match. Make an effort to always go in your supply bunker and get rockets, fly to enemy base and take out as many as you can, repeat till you get ten kills (if you only use the rocket launcher, your kills on the menu will reflect how close you are).  KDR may be low.
      12. Sniper
        1. Requires you to kill 10 enemies with the rocket launcher in a single match. Same as #11 just with sniper...also, dont go all the way into base, just use the sniper for an entire round, you should get close.  KDR may be low

Unearned Skills

The rest of the skills listed below I'll need your help with . I haven't got around to unlocked these yet but I'm sure with all the talent out in our community we can compile tips for the rest of the skills. Good luck guys and I hope this helps!

1. Point Man
      2. Low Profile
      3. Escape Artist
      4. Hyper-Aware
      5. Stealthy

Thanks

I would like to thank wSTRYKERw for his contribution to helping this guide become complete!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Re: Skill Unlock Guide

May 22, 2012

That's really good kudos if there is such a button but like it!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (582 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48128 posts

May 22, 2012

Good job dude...i would offer to sticky it for you but we already have a similar thread to this one stickied up top http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4693187

It has all the skills stuff listed in a chart for you and a video of them in game.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

May 22, 2012

5. Hacker - I think that is the one where you have to kill the enemy in their own supply bunker (coorect?) ... I just flew a hawk to a base and went in from the top and just camped in their supply bunker till someone came in.  If you dont get it on your first try, just spawn and fly over till youget it.

2.  Heavey Weapons - Make an effort to always go in your supply bunker and get rockets, fly to enemy base and take out as many as you can, repeat till you get ten kills (if you only use the rocket launcher, your kills on the menu will reflect how close you are).  KDR may be low

3. Sniper - same as #2 just with sniper...also, dont go all the way into base, just use hte sniper for an entire round, you should get close.  KDR may be low

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

May 23, 2012

@PLYMCO_PILGRIM- Thanks for the reply ! I just got home from work and checked out your thread. I noticed the skill list and the video that goes through each skill and what it does and how to unlock it. What I was trying to do is supplement that knowledge with tips and tricks to unlock each skill ! In the hope of trying to help as many people as possible, do you think my part can be added to your ongoing thread?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

May 23, 2012

@wSTRYKERw- Thanks for the info bud. I just got home and I'll add your trips

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

May 23, 2012

*bump

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

May 23, 2012

*bump

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (582 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48128 posts

May 24, 2012

ztkaspar wrote:

@PLYMCO_PILGRIM- Thanks for the reply ! I just got home from work and checked out your thread. I noticed the skill list and the video that goes through each skill and what it does and how to unlock it. What I was trying to do is supplement that knowledge with tips and tricks to unlock each skill ! In the hope of trying to help as many people as possible, do you think my part can be added to your ongoing thread?

Sure repost it over there if you want

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Jan 1, 2013

ztkaspar wrote:

Howdy Starhawk fans! I just wanted to take the time to share what knowledge I've gained has I play through the great multiplayer experience LBI has given us ! I don't have all the skills unlocked yet but what I do have unlocked I'll share some tips that might make it easier. Please feel free to add to the list that way we can offer a complete list to our community!!!!

Co-op Skill unlocks

After goofing around in the prospector mode, I realized I accidently unlocked some of the multiplayer skills. Unpon further research, I've complied a list of all the skills that unlocked for me during prospector mode. I played Ballard's Crossing duing my unlock attemps on medium and soloed it. You will only need to make 3 beam turrets to finish the round and use the bunker and tower for achievement purposes. Make sure before you build your rift tower and start the match to collect all the barrels and weapons hidden throughout the map.(Hit if you are just starting out all the weapons are the yellow dots on the mini map)

1. Scvanger
        1. This skill requires you get a kill with every infantry weapon. They are the static rifle, revolver, sniper rifle, welding torch, mines, shotgun, rocket launcher, grinder, knife, and grenade. I don't know if they kinfe and grenade is a must for the skill requirement to be met but I did so on the safe side.
      2. Marksman
        1. This skill requires that you kill two enemies with one shot of the sniper rifle. I unlocked this skill as I was working on Svanger. One of the rounds will have ravengers rush your rig. Let them reach the rig to easily line up 3-5 enimies with one shot.
      3. Field Mechanic
        1. I don't know if I unlocked this in competitive or co-op, but I'm sure if  you hoped into a tank it will be an easy unlock . (I would love for this to be verified if someone has unlocked it and tries in co-op mode)
      4. Fuel-Efficiency
        1. Depeing on the random spawn of the map, you'll have one to two waves of hawks. Just hop into a hawk and shoot down 10 hawks A2A.
      5. Shock-Trooper
        1. I believe this skill the be easier unlocked in a competitive match. However, the jeeps and tanks typicall stop for a couple secs to hack away at your rig. Take your pod shot then . (Your best place is on the raised platform to the left of your rig. A jeep always stops there once a round).
      6. Fast Lock
        1. This skill requires that you unlock the Anti-Air medal in a match. Use the same strategy as you did for Fuel-Efficiency except using a rocket this time. I had some frustration on this one since my turrets tend to finish them out. If you are lucky to have two waves of hawks, this one won't give you any problems
      7. Vengeance
        1. This requires that you kill the person that killed you. I unlocked this in copetitive but I'm sure that you can go through this in co-op. Just have one of the ravengaers kill  you and then extract your revenge !  (I would love for this to be verified if someone has unlocked it and tries in co-op mode) (I would love for this to be verified if someone has unlocked it and tries in co-op mode)
      8. Engineer
        1. This skill requires that you earn the repair medal. Once you have your 3-4 for beam turrets up, just walk around and leet them do all the heavy lifting and repair them with your torch. You will have to repair 1000 points of dmg to unlock the medal.

Competitive

Each game is going to differ server to server. I unlocked most of my skills in the ground pounder servers since cluster spams is such a problem to the community at this time. (After the patch, things may be different )

1. Weapon Mods
        1. Requires that you have the most kills of the "winning" team. My advice to you is to play defence during a CTF if match. Between your personal kills, turret kills, and mine kills, this should be relatively easy. Just have patience and you'll earn it.
      2. Engine Mods
        1. Requires that you have the most road kills of the "winning" team. Again, I would try to play CTF defense with you either defending in an Ox tank or jeep gunner. (Tips I learned, you can't shoot an enemy inside your own shiled. You can only shoot out of the shield not in )
      3. Rift Economy
        1. Requires that you earned the builder and battler medal in a single round. Before you leave base in any mode, I recomend zones, just build 5 mini turrets for  your builder medal. As you progress through the zones match, you'll come accross enemy rift points with unguarded defenses. Just destory 5 buildings before the end of the match and you are all set!
      4. Rift Affinity
        1. Requires that you gained the most rift of the "winning" team. Again, I unlocked this while playing CTF defense. Another great way to earn this is zones. As you travel between rift points, make sure you destory all the barrels you see. (Helps to have Rift Economy unlocked )
      5. Quick Learner
        1. Requires that you win 3 matches in a row. To be honest, this is just a bit of luck. If you have a group of friends that play with mics or a random group that communicates well, these are your best chances of success. (I do know from expereince thaty don't have to be 3 wins on the same server.)
      6. Squad Leader
        1. Requires that you earn the most experience on a "winning" team. Again, I unlocked this playign CTF defense. If your opponets are very  addament taking your flag, you get 125 exp per flag return. (Having Quick learner equip tends to help.)
      7. Combat Intel
        1. Requires you destory an enemy's outpust 60 secs from constructions. This is probably by far the most luck drivien requirement since most players are building outside their home base. My advise is just roam around with a tank in CTF or TDM and hope that luck is in your favor. ( I got mine playing CTF when an opponet built the outpost right behind my flag. Lucky I know )
      8. Turret Jammer
        1. Requires that you destory 10 turrets in a single match. Just ride in with a tank on ground bounder and shoot at all the mini turrets. If you dont' succed in your first run. Keep at and by the end of the match you'll have it. (Tip you can destory mini turrets with your knfie )
      9. Bruiser
        1. Requires that you destory 3 turrets with your knife...my tip from the previous skill comes in handy lol. In a CTF match, the first thing people tend to build is mini turrets. Just ride in on one of the bikes for some quick turret disables. (Helps to have turret jammer active
      10. Hacker
        1. I think that is the one where you have to kill the enemy in their own supply bunker. I just flew a hawk to a base and went in from the top and just camped in their supply bunker till someone came in.  If you dont get it on your first try, just spawn and fly over till youget it.
      11. Heavey Weapons
        1. Requires you to kill 10 enemies with the rocket launcher in a single match. Make an effort to always go in your supply bunker and get rockets, fly to enemy base and take out as many as you can, repeat till you get ten kills (if you only use the rocket launcher, your kills on the menu will reflect how close you are).  KDR may be low.
      12. Sniper
        1. Requires you to kill 10 enemies with the rocket launcher in a single match. Same as #11 just with sniper...also, dont go all the way into base, just use the sniper for an entire round, you should get close.  KDR may be low

Unearned Skills

The rest of the skills listed below I'll need your help with . I haven't got around to unlocked these yet but I'm sure with all the talent out in our community we can compile tips for the rest of the skills. Good luck guys and I hope this helps!

1. Point Man
      2. Low Profile
      3. Escape Artist
      4. Hyper-Aware
      5. Stealthy

Thanks

I would like to thank wSTRYKERw for his contribution to helping this guide become complete!

This was very helpful!  I still have a bunch to unlock as I am only like level 13. Anyone want to help me unlock some?

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (461 Views)
0 Likes