Nov 05 2012
By: ghost_nappa4 I Only Post Everything 1104 posts

Sony puts Starhawk in the weirdest places

36 replies 279 views Edited Nov 5, 2012

Let's take a look at the ads Sony has done for Starhawk. First was an ad on IGN which most people just close right away. Next was an E3 sizzle video which was post release and most recently it was in the new ps store update intro video. What were their expectations when they put these "ads" up? It does nothing for the game. Also instead of giving dlc to playstation plus, why not give them game? People will play the game then decide to buy dlc not the other way around. The campaign was lackluster so whats the point of giving to ps plus members(like myself) who are hardcore gamers? Just stupid. Luckily sony's giving solid ads for Playstation All Stars, which is awesome. 

Disclaimer:I bought the retail version of Starhawk way back when 

This is relevant to my inetrest
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 37 (279 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1634 posts

Re: Sony puts Starhawk in the weirdest places

Nov 5, 2012
There was an Allstars ad before Wreck-It Ralph in the theatre. Was glad to see it.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 37 (273 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Offtopic, but since you mentioned it.. playstation allstars is really **bleep**. Tried the PS+ demo, what a waste of downloading.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 37 (269 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Nov 5, 2012
Well it was beta... not a demo
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 37 (259 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Nov 5, 2012
And its the oldest build of the game, there are 14 more charcaters and 12 more stages and 10 more items
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 37 (245 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Regardless, unless they overhaul the fundamental gameplay of how you only use supers, and add in actual health bars...
the gameplay is incredibly shallow and pointless.  Not being able to damage eachother, and only knocking out players with your super moves, makes the game incredibly unfun.  It's just a race to fill up your super meter, with zero consequences for getting hit. It trivializes the actual fighting leading up to pulling off your super.  It seems they were trying to arbitrarily give the game some distinction between super smash brothers, for no other reason than to make it different.  And it's for the worse.

And not only that, some supers are absurdly unbalanced and all over the place.  When you can rekill your opponents with the same super multiple times, (because they then respawn into you again), makes me facepalm.  So instead of choosing a character based off their move list, playstyle, combo's, etc, I just pick based off their super moves.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 37 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Nov 5, 2012
Ever heard of whiteboy7thst? Search him up on YouTube. He plays all kinds of games (mainly cod)! All we have to do is recommend starhawk to him and he might make vids for starhawk! He has over a million subscribers! It might be hard to get him to play starhawk though.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 37 (234 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Nov 5, 2012
playstation characters are pretty shallow compared to those from smash bros. I cant think of one player on the all star roster I want to play as.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 37 (230 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Nov 5, 2012

THE_MANGAAS wrote:

Regardless, unless they overhaul the fundamental gameplay of how you only use supers, and add in actual health bars...
the gameplay is incredibly shallow and pointless.  Not being able to damage eachother, and only knocking out players with your super moves, makes the game incredibly unfun.  It's just a race to fill up your super meter, with zero consequences for getting hit. It trivializes the actual fighting leading up to pulling off your super.  It seems they were trying to arbitrarily give the game some distinction between super smash brothers, for no other reason than to make it different.  And it's for the worse.

And not only that, some supers are absurdly unbalanced and all over the place.  When you can rekill your opponents with the same super multiple times, (because they then respawn into you again), makes me facepalm.  So instead of choosing a character based off their move list, playstyle, combo's, etc, I just pick based off their super moves.

Well to use supers, you have to get hits and combos... So that consquence of getting hit is that you dont to build your super meter then you lose. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 37 (229 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2012

CHAMMOND wrote:
playstation characters are pretty shallow compared to those from smash bros. I cant think of one player on the all star roster I want to play as.

Nintendo characters are a lot more iconic but Playstation characters are more suited to a fighting game because most of them come from more violent games to be blunt. Most nintendo charcaters are from platformers so a lot of the combos are kind of made up. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 37 (221 Views)
0 Likes