Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Re: Sony puts Starhawk in the weirdest places

Nov 5, 2012
@Cham: fat princess is a monster! Use her!
Message 11 of 37 (188 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1023 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2012

ghost_nappa4 wrote:

Well to use supers, you have to get hits and combos... So that consquence of getting hit is that you dont to build your super meter then you lose. 

Yep, and that's the only consequence.  In regular fighting games, you can die just from getting beat up too much, as you should be.  Y'know, different ways of winning.  The super should be something you pull off as an addition to the actual fighting game mechanics of beating eachother up... This adds layers of depth to the fighting game.  Instead, the super is the ONLY way to knock someone out. So its' removed some layers from the gameplay.  It eliminates the core aspect of fighting games since the beginning of time, and makes the game incredibly shallow.  Not sure if they were trying to "innovate" but it's not fun to play.

As for the Allstars roster, I was excited about playing as Jak.  But there's no way I'd drop any money on that game after trying it.

Message 12 of 37 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 5, 2012
No, the nintendo characters all make sense. Link and his stab combo, fox has his gun, Capt. Falcon had his tv show, and Mario punched in Mario 64. So they were all contextually right.

And i like ps all stars, its different. I noticed the incentives to not getting hit, you lose your orbs, and you can dodgr kratos's attacks at level three. and some level 1 skills require a bit of skill to land a hit, or you wasted a bar. the mystery of who's winning adds intensity, but the characters are meh for me. They don't have that 'star power' appeal to me as nintendo characters did. regardless, i am curious to see some of the stuff superbot is pulling off.

this is me helping
Message 13 of 37 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 5, 2012
If you're doing something in the realm of ssb, then you're not making a core fighting game to begin with. you're remaking jambalaya, ps style. want a core fighting game with a roster of iconoc characters? How about injustice, gods among us?

this is me helping
Message 14 of 37 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Nov 5, 2012

THE_MANGAAS wrote:

Regardless, unless they overhaul the fundamental gameplay of how you only use supers, and add in actual health bars...
the gameplay is incredibly shallow and pointless.  Not being able to damage eachother, and only knocking out players with your super moves, makes the game incredibly unfun.  It's just a race to fill up your super meter, with zero consequences for getting hit. It trivializes the actual fighting leading up to pulling off your super.  It seems they were trying to arbitrarily give the game some distinction between super smash brothers, for no other reason than to make it different.  And it's for the worse.

And not only that, some supers are absurdly unbalanced and all over the place.  When you can rekill your opponents with the same super multiple times, (because they then respawn into you again), makes me facepalm.  So instead of choosing a character based off their move list, playstyle, combo's, etc, I just pick based off their super moves.

the game is fine the way it is I'll be glad to pay $60 for it just like starhawk :3 and not all supers are unbalnced <_< learn to dodge  

Message 15 of 37 (173 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Nov 5, 2012
ya everyone thought kratos 's level 3 was op them we learned how to dodge and croutch. Everyone thought Radec's sniper was op then they learned to block and move in the air. This game is extremely deep and it feels like ive gone on a journey with the rest of the forumers lol
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 16 of 37 (162 Views)
Sackboy
517 posts

Nov 5, 2012

ghost_nappa4 wrote:
ya everyone thought kratos 's level 3 was op them we learned how to dodge and croutch. Everyone thought Radec's sniper was op then they learned to block and move in the air. This game is extremely deep and it feels like ive gone on a journey with the rest of the forumers lol

not to mention parappa is screatly top tier in the beta :3

Message 17 of 37 (159 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 5, 2012
Bump that, fat princess for president!

Srsly though, parappa and sweet tooth are my beta favs

this is me helping
Message 18 of 37 (156 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
No, the nintendo characters all make sense. Link and his stab combo, fox has his gun, Capt. Falcon had his tv show, and Mario punched in Mario 64. So they were all contextually right.

And i like ps all stars, its different. I noticed the incentives to not getting hit, you lose your orbs, and you can dodgr kratos's attacks at level three. and some level 1 skills require a bit of skill to land a hit, or you wasted a bar. the mystery of who's winning adds intensity, but the characters are meh for me. They don't have that 'star power' appeal to me as nintendo characters did. regardless, i am curious to see some of the stuff superbot is pulling off.

Mario punched so hes fit for a fighting game? lol Nintendo characters work but Playstation charcaters fit the fighting game genre like a glove

This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 19 of 37 (142 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2641 posts

Nov 5, 2012

wow talk about getting off topic....

but SLY COOPER FTW!!! :smileylol:

Message 20 of 37 (141 Views)
0 Likes