Jul 31 2012
By: XcaliburOne Monster Hunter 21 posts

Starhawk Community Please Read

[ Edited ]
46 replies 550 views Edited Jul 31, 2012

Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to click my post. I'm a huge fan of Starhawk and I must say I've devoted alot of time to it. (400+ hours to be exact). It concerns me that people right here in our community are becoming disgruntled with this game title and wanting to move on to other things. I began playing the Hawk series of games back in January 2008 with Warhawk and I can tell you this game has a very unique fanbase much like Starhawk. The community for Warhawk was never large compared to triple AAA game titles but man were they dedicated. The flavor of the Hawk series is so much different than everything else out there that the game kept pulling you back in for more. I think Starhawk is the same but the gaming community has changed alot since 2008. I see that most people on here have suggestions and ideas for Starhawk that they would like to see implemented in game and yes some of them are great ideas but can you imagine if LBI agreed with every half-assed idea this game would be a total train wreck. That's why LBI are the developers and we are the players. It wouldn't be so bad if there was just one thread for suggestions but the truth is that almost every page has a "Hey LBI Change this" or "Hey LBI fix that". There is also the concern for people whining for the 1.03 update. It will come people trust me. It's just disgusting to see so many people demanding LBI for something that is FREE. I've heard some people say they are bored with Starhawk because of the lack of new maps and modes. Development takes time and Sony has always taken their sweet time on testing and QA. I didn't hear the Warhawk fanbase crying for new maps and modes a mere three months after release lol they haven't had an update in years and never will. I'm not mad and I'm not raging I just wanna see people give LBI a break. They are a small team and they are working as fast as they can. Just give em a chance and let them do what they do best. Starhawk baby! Thank you for reading and nothing but respect and love for you all.[ZEON]XcaliburOne Banner.jpg

Zenith Elite National Order
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 47 (550 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
222 posts

Re: Starhawk Community Please Read

Jul 31, 2012

Yea StarHawk is just a game and we should just enjoy what we have :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 47 (537 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Jul 31, 2012
I'm not really sure where I stand on this. On one hand, I'm very content with my experience so far and am patiently awaiting the updates. On the other hand, the purpose of these forums is to further better the game.

Unfortunately, lots of people seem to have negative attitudes when they go about posting, and it comes off more like whining than making suggestions.

I hope that people continue to come up with ideas to make Starhawk the best it can be and aren't afraid to share those ideas, but agree with you 100% that there needs to be a bit more maturity at times.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 47 (523 Views)
Lombax Warrior
81 posts

Jul 31, 2012
Well said
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 47 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jul 31, 2012
I like the game, but I've only played it about 6 hours worth.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 47 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
601 posts

Jul 31, 2012
Great post man 100% agree!
Free month of gamefly! - http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/1zh1fl

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 47 (503 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jul 31, 2012

I know loads of players were put off by rift collection , you start with 3 rift with no structure but in blitz you start with 7-8 rift with structures LBI should of made you start with 7-8 rift with no structures and 3 rift on blitz makes better game play

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 47 (493 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
880 posts

Jul 31, 2012

deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyum excalibur's pointy end just hit those trolls. AHHH

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 47 (484 Views)
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Jul 31, 2012
Starhawk > any game made (besides warhawk)
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 47 (469 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jul 31, 2012

I wonder what the thread titles for the Ms. Pacman forums would have looked like...

OMG!!! Pinky is like too fast!!

DLC Pacman Plz

My improvements to Ms. Pacman...

Cmon guys, you're killing Pacman

We need a versus mode!!!

This game isn't balanced at all OMG I'm going to play Donkey Kong.

Why Ms. Pacman ruined Pacman and how they should make Pacman 2.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 47 (458 Views)