Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Re: Starhawk LBP 2 level. ALMOST DONE!

Dec 20, 2012

Celsus wrote:

Yeah there are several tutorials on places like http://www.lbpcentral.com/ , but you pretty much need to play a level with some 3D glitched material already. You can emit into the other layers, but it seem glitchy, avoid letting a free falling 3D item from hitting the water it may act up, always connect them to somthing stationary (the anti-grav sticker at 100% dampening with 100% anity works well). The back layers take up the thin layer on the back so if you have a mving item in the back thin layer it will collide with any back 3D glitched layer. Don't recall if the same gor for the far front, but you sack boy can't hover around the tront layer 3D items (take up the same space as the hover layer). You can move items in the 3D layers, but it is safest if they are hollo materials.

You can search for 3D glitch on level search and find tons of levels that give as gifts.

This is how it works, place the 3D glitched material on the level, release, then select it (just so cursor moves to that background level...you will see it move back to the item), then goto sack, select new material, place in level and it should be in same layer as glitched material.

Every time you expand it out and the contract it to one thin layer it will move forward a layer (or back if it is an iten glitched in the front layer).

To make an item expand 50 or more layers you place a for and background item in the smae area, select them both, then unslect and place new material and it will span more than 3 layers, that is how I made many parts of the spaceship, city, and dead alien planet., the only  issue is if the layers go from the front glitched to the back glitched layer you can walk through them (they act like holomaterial).

Unattached fallying 3D material will break if it collides with other layers.

Movers and such will work on 3D items but see above, if they hit something else the break out of existance.

If you like the following levels of mine use the 3D glitch...

The Choice: Act One (First Curve of Mobious)   <---(this one has a moving blimp in the background above the city that is using the glitch...it should have 3D items in prize for beating, but can't recall)

http://lbp.me/v/61544s

Choice Blimp

Space Vessel 8212: Centuries Adrift     <---(Tons of use of 3D, and should have 3D items as rewards for beating...but very long level...worked on it for a very long time)

http://lbp.me/v/x4vhzh

8212 Shuttle

8212 Pod

Space Vessel 8212: Destinations Gone by... <---(Far, far shorter than the first one tons of 3D, but very few instructions and puzzles and ICO esc in the sense you have to figure out where to go and how to get there...should also have 3D rewards at end)

http://lbp.me/v/27cpt-

Gone By

Aircraft Carrier USS O.K.   <---(Some 3D and 3D gifts for beating, but 7 missions have to be beaten using all types of vehicles)

http://lbp.me/v/y77jhm

USS OK

Prism    <--(-was built using 3D, but ran into issues with thermo so much of it was removed, but I think you get 3D items as gifts for beating, and you can just hit a button to end level I think, should say in instructions when you start level...if so this would be the quickest way to get them from my levels)

http://lbp.me/v/9ptye6

Prism ending

Yeah I know how to use it. I was just asking. made a tutorial myself when I played lbp2 back in the day :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Dec 20, 2012
@Pete

I would give you kudos, but I ran out.
Please use plain text.
Message 112 of 327 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1319 posts

Dec 20, 2012

RandmJOSH wrote:

thesupertman wrote:
@JOSH

why does it hurt to smile?

Turn that frown upside-down!!!!!!

because i have the most serious face even though i always feel happy in the inside its just i have a serious face. i think my face can kill your avatar :smileysurprised:

why-so-serious1.jpg
I was going to use the Joker but I saw the cat :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 113 of 327 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Dec 21, 2012
ATTENTION EVERYONE!!

I do not need any more help with the building.

I do need help with testing the level.

I will update when I am ready to test the level!
Please use plain text.
Message 114 of 327 (148 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1164 posts

Dec 21, 2012

thesupertman wrote:
ATTENTION EVERYONE!!

I do not need any more help with the building.

I do need help with testing the level.

I will update when I am ready to test the level!

Hit me up via the PS3 when you need some testing. I love a good bug hunt. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 115 of 327 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Dec 21, 2012
I will update the original post when I start testing.

@Rubicon

Sure.
Please use plain text.
Message 116 of 327 (141 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1164 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

@ the supertman

Did you pick up the Cross-Controller DLC?

Even if you don't own a PSVita there are some new stickers and tools which can be used for the PS3. I would say the new "Worm Hole" tool is worth the $5 alone.

It lets you transport around the map without having to die from one check point to another. Sweet!

I might try using it to get in and out of vehicles like how we get in and out of Ox Tanks in Starhawk. No more ramps to deal with. I like that.

I don't have a PSVita (yet) but someone might get me one for X-mas. If not, I'll pick up one myself just to use it on LBP2 as a second screen contoller. Likely will also use it for radar maps in future levels I create.

Here's the video for some that might not know what it is.

Please use plain text.
Message 117 of 327 (127 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Dec 22, 2012

When do you think the level will be finished? :smileyhappy:

PSN: DarthPlanet97
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 118 of 327 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Dec 22, 2012
It will be finished by the end of Christmas break.

I was going to work on it tomorrow, but I want to play the new update!
Please use plain text.
Message 119 of 327 (85 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Okay, sounds good.
PSN: DarthPlanet97
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 120 of 327 (83 Views)