Jan 28 2013
By: gameboy0895 Splicer 69 posts

Starhawk Multiplayer Needs Refining ASAP

12 replies 259 views Edited Jan 28, 2013

As of right now, Capture the Flag and Team Deathmath are broken. People rarely build secodary bases and rarely build anything outside of the home base. I usually end up in a team that fortifies or runs across the map 1 by 1 just to get the flag. Oh and that blizzard mech thing is the most over powered thing in the game. People are barely trying to achieve the team goal.. I usually find people in these jumping around and sniping everyone, having mini vendettas with others. Its chaotic ... and its not even the good kind of chaos like it was in Warhawk.

I loved Warhawk. My friends loved Warhawk. The action was fast paced, gameplay was clear and crisp and the fps was beautiful. Starhawk had a great idea and I knows its a 'spiritual successor and what not. It has the 32 player and the split screen but it completely falls short in pace and gameplay/fps.

Build and Battles was great. I was a beta player and it was sweet. But atm, its broken. The build cap is nice and all but you CANNOT build secondary bases. (Warhawk aldready had prebuilt bases) And as i said before, I find myself runnign across the map usually and when I build soemthng that grizzly or the hawk comes in and stomps or snipes me. It's ANNOYING.

So I have some suggestions. First BIG thing:

• Starhawk CTF or TDM needs secondary rift wells. You know how theres a huge rift extractor on the rift well at home base? Yeap. We need more of those. We need fixed, empty rift wells scattered across the map so teams can rush to build rift extractors on the wells. These rift extractors shoudln't count towards the overall build limit.
  • Here's how building cap should work. The overall build cap should be kept, however we need an area limit. For example, lets say you build a beam turret at a base. Once its down, in the immediate vicinity, there should be a limit as to how many beam turrets can be built. This will eliminate all the times when teams jsut build like 20 beam turrets at their base all i nthe same area. Yeap, it's broken atm.
  • Please remove the grizzly and the jetpack. The jetpack oh man..... that was the worst feature that was added to Warhawk as the DLC. It was terrible. And in Starhawk its still terrible. They fly around like mosquitoes and its terribly hard to aim. Add to that the annoying grizzly who is also hard to target. Just broken. As a player on foot... usually have 0 chance when faced with either of these.

Warhawk in eyes was the best game you guys made. It was SIMPLE and gameplay was straightforward. Infact Warhawk with build and battle would still be awesome ... if there was secondary rift wells where you can expand your territory and build bases. Warhawk without jetpacks was awesome. Rememeber the Dropship? That was great! But not the jetpack, sorry. Everyone hated it and I clearly remember.

The rush i used to get from Warhawk when I was defending, capturing the flag with a coordinated attack flying in with a hawk and performing bombing runs with my friends.... that was pure awesome. Oh man and Northern Bridge? That tug of war was EPIC. The rush my friends and me got from playing that layout on Eucadia was pure awesome. The terror you feel when you see a tank cannon aiming at you.... when you see the enemy hawks in the sky and the infamous nuke... the pink pickup .. .remember that? Adrenaline rush. Warhawk was the perfect game.

I felt none of that in Starhawk and I strongly wished it was more. I was a brilliant idea but lacking in finish and polish. Keep the tank, the bike, the razorback and the hawk and the rest of the build and battle structures. That's all you need. Keep it simple and people will love it.

- From a Warhawk Veteran.

More than meets the eye.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (259 Views)
PlayStation MVP
45188 posts

Re: Starhawk Multiplayer Needs Refining ASAP

Jan 28, 2013

As a fellow warhawk veteran I do appreciate your post and the time you took to write it.   Some good ideas, i really like the secondary rift well.

Unfortunately, with LBI getting laid off, that idea and your desire to remove the grizzly/jetpack probably aren't going to get heard or done by any developers :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7720 posts

Jan 28, 2013

play zones, thats the mode you describe.

I vote to keep JP and grizzly of course, more options means more possibilities, you just need a team to play with.

Join MBB if you wish, then some of those grizzlies will be on your team and you will start to love them for what they can do for you.

In my opinion we need the jetpack and grizzly to give players of the game who do not wish to use hawks an option to survive.

How loing will a razorback last when facing a bunch of hawks?  1-2 seconds?

Now a grizzly or jetpack has a slight chance to survive much longer against the terribly over powered hawks.  We need them.

And in the non-hawk loadouts if gives a new heirarchy which every match should have to some extent.

I see grizzlies like this:

Hawk>Grizzly

Grizzly>Every other vehicle besides hawks and tanks.

Grizzly=Tank (What they give up in armor they make up with agility, fire power is failry close with griz 4 shot and tank 2 shot)

Hawk>lone troop

lone troop=grizzly.  (Grizzlies are actually not to hard to kill if you a troop, some KR fire and a grenade do the trick nicely)

jetpack>grizzly.  Most times I will feel confident fighting a grizzly if I have a jetpack on.

jetpack<hawk.  But I feel like I have options to survive when in a jetpack and a hawk comes in to cluster or stomp me.

Its Ro-Sham-Bo.  With no jetpack or grizzly the game becomes he who gets the first hawk wins the game, or he who digfight the best will determine the games out come, this is what so many people despised about Warhawk.

Its all in vain though, this game wont likely see any further changes and really it doesnt need much at this point, all I would ask for and I'm sure this would solve your issues too is for SMS to release the restrictions on game creation, I think it would be a simple little chance and everyone could win.

Then you could make a match with only hawks and the vehicles which have no chance against hawks, perfect right?

We should petition SMS with this, its the easiest change I can imagine that will have the greatest effect on the life of this game and variation in game play without effecting balance or any existing game mechanics.

Pilgrim, I sense a poll in the making here.  Ask: "Would you like to customize(And save) the loadouts(and rotations) of servers you create?"

Maybe a small example saying tanks only matches or jetpacks only, etc.

Answers are:

-"This would keep me playing regularly  for at least another year"

-"This would make me want to play this game more often"

-"This might make me want to play this game again"

-This would make me buy/rebuy this game again"

Or something along those lines.  Perhaps if enough vote and the we send it to SMS they could release the hounds as it were on this, I am sure it would not take much effort to change.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (228 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7000 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Ahhhhh customizable loadouts..... I begged for that.  This game would have truly benefitted from customizable loadouts and the ability to save server rotations.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7256 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Screw CTF
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (203 Views)
Splicer
69 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Yeah that really sucks. I had high hopes for LBI. :smileysad:

More than meets the eye.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Excuse me? Doing what you want is not going to get any developer anywhere. When you put minds together.... you do wonders. And I'm not a kid. No wonder LBI is getting laid off... with arrogant people like you in their team... nothing's gona work.
More than meets the eye.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (181 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 28, 2013
3 posts in, & i like gameboy already.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Jan 28, 2013

What's important is I am on the team and you are not.  We have a highly streamlined process for new ideas/ and improvements, I would not expect our customers to understand.

First we throw slices of Ham with ideas written on them at Dylan.  If the slice sticks for more than 30 seconds this idea is put on a board.

Once the board is filled.  We put one of our interns on an office chair and spin it 113 times.  Then he goes to the board and the first item touched gets the highest priority.  Then we repeat with another intern until all the items are prioritized.  We are sorry you cannot understand this complex process, but we are highly skilled professionals here at LBI, not children.

As always keep the feedback coming and we will keep ignoring it.  Thank you for your time.  On behalf of the LBI team let me say "We truly appreciate our customers."

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (174 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Hey, gameboy, I've been telling jobe that that's not the right way.... but my ham never stuck. I think there was some technique to it.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (177 Views)
0 Likes