Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 03 2013
By: insano_jaco Splicer 73 posts

Starhawk Multiplayer should be free2play with in-app purchases

[ Edited ]
6 replies 179 views Edited Jan 3, 2013

Here's a idea:

What if Starhawk Multiplayer goes to PSN Store as a free-to-play app?

It would encourage people to join the community, and by consequence, the developers to support the game.

I know that they said all maps will be free, but after this Sony X LBI, we can be sure that there is no new map in development.

I think that everybody who loves this game agree to pay for new DLC maps is a lot better that have no new maps at all.

So, with a huge community boost based in free-to-play model, developers could earn some $ with DLC, including maps, vehicles, weapons, modes.

What about that?

Message 1 of 7 (179 Views)
PlayStation MVP
48845 posts

Re: Starhawk Multiplayer should be free2play with in-app purchases

Jan 3, 2013

insano_jaco wrote:

Here's a idea:

What if Starhawk Multiplayer goes to PSN Store as a free-to-play app?

It would encourage people to join the community, and by consequence, the developers to support the game.

I know that they said all maps will be free, but after this Sony X LBI, we can be sure that there is no new map in development.

I think that everybody who loves this game agree to pay for new DLC maps is a lot better that have no new maps at all.

So, with a huge community boost based in free-to-play model, developers could earn some $ with DLC, including maps, vehicles, weapons, modes.

What about that?

I understand what you are thinking but am not sure if it would work.   @ this point, like you said, there is nothing coming down the line for DLC and if you want more DLC basically (like you said again) the game needs more sales/players.   

I don't see them getting enough $$$ or players in right now to make the F2P option to look viable from a profit standpoint by the sony bigwigs but would love to be wrong!

Message 2 of 7 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Cars should be free to drive, and then just charge more for maintenance.

Message 3 of 7 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Jan 3, 2013

oh wait that would be pretty stupid of the people making cars.  :smileytongue:

Message 4 of 7 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Jan 3, 2013
Youre right.

Starhawk is the most amazing multiplayer console game for me, but there is no appeal to masses in this game.

If it will not sell to many copies from now on, maybe a free-to-play direction could be a good idea.

And with a bigger base, there will be more player interested in DLCs, this could be a good way to make money, much better than wait for it to sell more copies now.
Message 5 of 7 (123 Views)
PlayStation MVP
48845 posts

Jan 3, 2013

insano_jaco wrote:
Youre right.

Starhawk is the most amazing multiplayer console game for me, but there is no appeal to masses in this game.

If it will not sell to many copies from now on, maybe a free-to-play direction could be a good idea.

And with a bigger base, there will be more player interested in DLCs, this could be a good way to make money, much better than wait for it to sell more copies now.

I'm all for more copies being bought and played!  I've played almost every night since the private beta and dont feel like stopping yet :smileyvery-happy:

Message 6 of 7 (115 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6415 posts

Jan 4, 2013
I want it to be f2p and more dlc!
Message 7 of 7 (91 Views)
0 Likes