Jul 09 2012
By: PLYMCO_PILGRIM PlayStation MVP 50462 posts

Starhawk Needs PROXY CHAT!

11 replies 147 views Edited Jul 9, 2012

Has anyone here ever played a game online with proxy chat?  I played MAG and it had proxy chat and it added a layer of fun I never had experienced in an online shooter and would love to see it in starhawk somehow.

What is proxy chat?  If an enemy is a certain distance from you and they say something on the headset you can hear them and vise-versa.    

Just think about it.  Obviously its great if you are in the enemy base and happen to overhear some strategy but what is better is when you kill your friends you can give them a good razzing.   It may cause trouble in the UrgentFury tournaments so maybe make it an option just like all talk.  

I can hear it already  "Hahhahah pilgrim you noob I killed you again"   :smileytongue:

Disclaimers:

Yes I know we have all talk but all talk is, well, all talk.  This way someone has to be real close to hear you and the are the only on to hear you, not the whole other team.

Yes there will be trash talkers who you don't want to listen to, which is why I love the mute feature.   

Yes I know the chat servers will need to be made stable first.

Message 1 of 12 (147 Views)
Wastelander
593 posts

Re: Starhawk Needs PROXY CHAT!

Jul 9, 2012
Yes!

I tea bag a lot so I would love to know people's constructive critisism about my squats.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 12 (144 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5944 posts

Jul 9, 2012
Idk... Starhawk doesn't seem like a game where you spend a lot of time within range of the enemy to hear them.

Dust 514 needs it tbh.

Well any game with bush wookies needs it.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 3 of 12 (143 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50462 posts

Jul 9, 2012

You would hear me laughing manda....unless i was having a bad bad game then i'd probably be telling you how i'm gonna find you and get you!  

if you only knew winscar.........    oh and i see a dead body within earshot for plenty of time after killing them on the ground to say "hi" :smileytongue:

Message 4 of 12 (134 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5944 posts

Jul 9, 2012
Well that's the point. Unlike mag, when you die bam they are gone. In mag they sit there bleeding out for as long as you want mostly, so talking is viable.

It is a very fast paced game. Insulting someone isn't as fun when they only hear the first word :smileysad:

Granted having this feature in every game is fun but it's application would be minimal at best.

And pilgrim. I know. Cause I'm awesome like that.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 5 of 12 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Jul 9, 2012
they can make it so they can hear you while on the killer cam, that is enough to hear someone's reaction lol
Photobucket
Message 6 of 12 (126 Views)
PlayStation MVP
50462 posts

Jul 10, 2012

MandaNights wrote:
they can make it so they can hear you while on the killer cam, that is enough to hear someone's reaction lol

Thats what I was thinking, plenty of time to get the old "hahahha i got you" taunt and a "you'll die" response :smileytongue:.

Oh so winscar you know about *****comment removed due to NDA**************   :smileytongue:

Message 7 of 12 (97 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50462 posts

Jul 30, 2012

MandaNights wrote:
Yes!

I tea bag a lot so I would love to know people's constructive critisism about my squats.

Oh hey you did post here :smileytongue:

Message 8 of 12 (74 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13631 posts

Jul 30, 2012
I'm not sure about this...but I think it may be in the game already. I could have sworn I heard an enemy talking when I got near him one match, and then he got cut-off after I moved away.
Message 9 of 12 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2068 posts

Jul 30, 2012

The funniest use of Proxy Chat I've seen

Message 10 of 12 (62 Views)
0 Likes