389 posts

Re: Starhawk PSN names revealed

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2012

IRRES169 wrote:

HottLixx86 wrote:
 for competitive music-rhythm gaming.:manhappy:

I did not know such a thing existed. 

Haha, well it certainly is not as big as the shooter competition be we are just as diehard or more so IMO. :manvery-happy:

But thanks to DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) that made quite an impact here in America as far as the competitive things go, and also thanks to a Japanese Konami game called Guitar Freaks that was in the arcade over there and was very successful (and still is I might add) it helped push Harmonix to revolutionize the Music-Rhythm genre as a whole. :manwink:

But sadly thanks to over saturation on Activision and the elite punishing the amatuer without any sort of benefit, the series has since died. The last game was made ESPECIALLY for the hardcore and elite, and it came to the realization that this was an error only catering to one group of gamer.

This reminds me of something else, in a different manner yes, but I feel I have been here before.....

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 151 (343 Views)
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Aug 2, 2012
Ojisan club is a world war 2 fighter pilot club of people from all over the world. created by kuo who is a japanese zero pilot. there is only about 15 of us mix of actual world war 2 pilots and people with all kinds of career backgrounds. I am the youngest member 33.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 151 (326 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2012

mangaas is my internet nickname, my music production name, and used for everything nickname oriented in gaming since the 90's. 

Its a Greek term:
Mangas was a label for men belonging to the working class, behaving in a particularly arrogant/presumptuous way, and dressing with a very typical vesture composed of a woolen hat (kavouraki, καβουράκι), a jacket (they usually wore only one of its sleeves), a tight belt (used as a knife case), stripe pants, and pointy shoes. Other features of their appearance were their long moustache, their bead chaplets (κομπολόγια), and their idiosyncratic manneristic limp-walking (κουτσό βάδισμα)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangas

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 151 (325 Views)
Pistol Proficinado
588 posts

Aug 2, 2012

The names comes from Orpheus of the Fool arcana (who has Thanatos, the personification of Death, hidding inside him).

"Thou art I. And I am thou. From the sea of thy soul, I come forth. I am Orpehus master of strings"

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 151 (320 Views)
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Aug 2, 2012

The last game I played on ps2 was GOW2, so the initial name I was going along with was Cronos (titan from GOW). But, surprise, surprise, IT WAS TAKEN. So I changed it to CRONOSM1, cause adding M1 to everything obviously makes it cooler. IT WAS TAKEN. I spent over and hour tweaking the name at no avail (splitting CRONOS to CRO_NOS, etc), till out of desperation my friend told me to add "BUBA" to the end of it, just to get it over with, it worked...

I wanted to make a new name/have the ability to change it later on, but didn't want to let go of the trophies I earned...so I stuck with it (pretty hilarious experiences listing to people pronounce it online LOL). 

Also, for anyone that cares my MGO name was ///SALADIN//

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 151 (318 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Aug 2, 2012

Bilsebob wrote:

I was just wondering how or why everyone picked their name.  I'll start first:

"Bill, go see Bob."

After Bill was in trouble, I'd tell him to go see Bob.

(I was a leadman in the company and Bob was the owner)

This happened quite often so everyone started to call me

Bilsebob.

Bill was Bob's son and it was an ongoing joke.

I don't know if I believe you.  I think it sounds more like a play on Belzebub and you're decieving us... like Satan would.  Be gone ye devil!

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 151 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Aug 2, 2012
my name, cody hammond
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 151 (297 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Aug 2, 2012

I'm from Califronia, and I kill people.  So...

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 151 (287 Views)
Sackboy
389 posts

Aug 2, 2012

CALI_K1llA wrote:

I still don't get it...:manvery-happy:

On a more serious note this is quickly becoming one of my favorite threads.:manhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 151 (275 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1790 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2012

HottLixx86 wrote:

CALI_K1llA wrote:

I still don't get it...:manvery-happy:

Me either... another hint?

rndmjosh.png
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 151 (269 Views)
0 Likes