Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1043 posts

Re: Starhawk -- Prospector -- Site 17 -- Mercenary

Apr 23, 2013

That prospector trophy is going to be the last one I get for platinum, and still I don't think I am going to want to do that. Hey wrappy you should join a Wednesday night server.

Message 11 of 20 (112 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Casey1891 wrote:

Thanks, appreciate the response.

I am definitely building ARMs, and you're right, you need them. The problem is when the Hawks swoop in and blow them up in 10 seconds or less.  But maybe that's where a Hawk of your own is necessary, but I still worry that the Hawks will split their attention between my Hawk and my structures. I'll see. Also I don't know how to pilot the Hawk so as not to get blown up FAST; the shields don't last very long in Mercenary (even against infantry machine gunners!).  And yes, I will be sure to use mines as you suggest.

I'm going to work and crossing my fingers for more tips when I return (otherwise it'll be Resident Evil 6 time for me! :] ).

I forgot to mention for maps w/ hawks use flak turrets you can start them off as beam turrets to deal w/ vehicles than upgrade them to flak turrets when the hawk wave comes.  as always build near arms.  before you build the rig get a hawk and spam htree sets( I think) of air mines either above the rig or on a path to the rig.  after building a hawk pad, you should break down the pad to get some of your rift back. same goes for all the dispensers. I even broke down sniper towers and bunkers because you can resupply from ammo and enemy p/u's

Message 12 of 20 (109 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Apr 23, 2013

BlueKnight345 wrote:

That prospector trophy is going to be the last one I get for platinum, and still I don't think I am going to want to do that. Hey wrappy you should join a Wednesday night server.

it's a grind, but it doesn't have to be done on merc.  pretty addicted to defiance right now. I saw you on the boards over there. you playing it?

Message 13 of 20 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1043 posts

Apr 23, 2013

wrappy wrote:

BlueKnight345 wrote:

it's a grind, but it doesn't have to be done on merc.  pretty addicted to defiance right now. I saw you on the boards over there. you playing it?

Yeah I saw that, iress to. I have been pretty stuck into Defiance as well. Sweet game.

Message 14 of 20 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Apr 23, 2013

I'm going to get Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, best way to avoid Capcom's DLC spam is to buy the GOTY edition a year later :smileyhappy:

I've also gotten pretty addicted to XCOM Enemy Unknown, trying to play that game on the hardest difficulty on 'Ironman' is a pain, 90% chance to hit and my soldier still misses :smileymad: , then the alien turned around an proceeded to shoot him in the face :smileysad:

Message 15 of 20 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2548 posts

Apr 23, 2013
You need a hawk for refueling platform I'll fly for you if I get a chance.
Message 16 of 20 (91 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Thanks for the tips guys.  Spamming air mines is something I haven't done at all, so I'll try that.  I will have to try a hawk to draw fire away from the flak turrets I put out.  I'll reclaim the bunker and hawk platform after I get the items.  Here I go again...

Message 17 of 20 (78 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 24, 2013
I almost forgot, sorry if the thread title is misleading -- I beat Site 17 and have moved on to the Refueling Platform now.
Message 18 of 20 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 24, 2013

So, I beat the Refueling Platform when someone joined my game.  It was surprisingly easy.  I had a jetpack and was up where the snipers are on that level.  I had three flak turrets up there at one point and the hawks were focusing on the rig.  I got the jewel that lights up for beating mercenary, but the player who joined said that for him it said normal, so I'm sort of dubious.  I guess I'll just give up trying to beat the Refueling Platform solo (mercenary).  Anyway, now I can't beat the last level. :smileytongue:

Message 19 of 20 (69 Views)
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Apr 24, 2013

I've beaten every map on Prospcter mode on Mercenary except Site 17 and i would like to give you some advice.

First of all imo MOST importantly it is important to remmeber that the waves are randomized and this is how i win.

Sometimes the it feels imposible nd down right broken and you can get a wave wher there are blue giants, Rocket jet packers AND Flame thrower Jet packers.

I was stuck on some of these for yonks, simply could not beat them after countless attempts and even tried glitching but didn't work because no matter what as soon as the Flame thrower and/or Rocket jetters come in and kill you just once then you can say goodbye to your base because they will destroy it in SECONDS but sometimes they don't even come and it's literally cake.

I say just keep trying with what keeps you alive the longest and eventually you'll get lucky with the waves.

photo goodstuf_zps22aa784c.png
Message 20 of 20 (60 Views)
0 Likes