Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 25 2012
By: Arron_Rift Uncharted Territory 1228 posts

Starhawk Reboot plan

20 replies 367 views Edited Jul 25, 2012

Hey guys!

I was thinking about how Starhawk has had bad sales and worse advertising, and I came up with an idea that I'm wanting your thoughts on.

Essentially, I think that LBI should put effort into adding lots of free and paid-for DLC until our tight-knit little community is really happy with the game, and then they should re-release the game as a buddle pack with ALL of the paid-for DLC, one or more exclusive MP skins and such, and perhaps even a free copy of Warhawk!

And this time, actually get Sony to ADVERTISE IT! If done correctly, I'm sure this could really bring a ton of new players to the game! Imagine (having never heard of Starhawk) walking into a store and seeing...

original.png

Two beloved, Award-winning games for the price of one!

(Note: this is actually some clan's banner, but I don't have photoshop and this is better than I could do. If you could make something better, please IM it to me and maybe I'll swap it)

I think this would be a great idea advertising-wise, as many potential fans are probably yet to hear about this game, good or bad. In this way, Starhawk's poor advertising could actually turn out to be a good thing, as maybe a lot of people won't hear about it until AFTER they've worked out all the kinks!

Do you guys think LBI should consider this? What should they call it? What price should it be? Can you think of anything else they should add?

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (367 Views)
Survivor
2066 posts

Re: Starhawk Reboot plan

Jul 25, 2012

Its a good idea but I dont feel like paying for content that should have been in the original game.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1228 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2012

armyluke wrote:

Its a good idea but I dont feel like paying for content that should have been in the original game.

While that's a point, this is where we are now and I'm thinking about where LBI should go from here.

And personally, I think Sony or SantaMonica rushed them, as the people at LBI seem to be pretty thorough, but that's beside the point.

Also, I'm thinking that perhaps they could also give all the extras in a downloadable pack for all the people who already bought the game, similar to LBP2's "move bundle"

What do you guys think of this?

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (354 Views)
Fender Bender
3756 posts

Jul 25, 2012

In order for them to make a rerelease, they would have to make paid DLC content like maps, but they were promised for free, so I wouldn't see a point of making a Starhawk "The Complete edition". 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1228 posts

Jul 25, 2012
I head they were originally planning on releasing paid-for DLC outside of maps. Personally, I think extra vehicles/buildings would work great for this :smileyhappy:

And try not to be too negative, I hoping to give LBI encouraging ideas, as I still have a lot of hope for this game to make a comeback of some kind :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (343 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1172 posts

Jul 25, 2012

Sounds like a good idea but I'm a bit concerned by having two entirely different games (Warhawk & Starhawk) bundled.

I can only see the community being re-divided (even more than they are already) and a whole new group of players wishing one or the other titles was more like "this one or that one".

Again, your idea is a sound one but the games are too different and sadly anyone just now starting out on Warhawk will likely get so "owned" that they won't likely enjoy it much.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2066 posts

Jul 25, 2012

Extra buildings and vehicles will split the community and that is something this game does not need. Thats the reason they announced free map packs, so the community would not get split.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (337 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Jul 25, 2012
Overall a good idea, but like mentioned up top it shouldn't include Warhawk. I for one want new buildings/vehicles, and wouldn't mind paying for them, as long as they're done well.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1228 posts

Jul 25, 2012

RubiconAlpha wrote:

Sounds like a good idea but I'm a bit concerned by having two entirely different games (Warhawk & Starhawk) bundled.

I can only see the community being re-divided (even more than they are already) and a whole new group of players wishing one or the other titles was more like "this one or that one".

Again, your idea is a sound one but the games are too different and sadly anyone just now starting out on Warhawk will likely get so "owned" that they won't likely enjoy it much.

True, maybe Warhawk should be left out. I wasn't really sure about that part, but I thought it would add more value and recognition, and that LBI probably wouldn't be losing much income by giving it out for free.

As for the buildings and vehicle DLC, I think it could probably be done in such a way that it wouldn't divide the community. Just make sure it's like the perks, where it is fun and helpful for those who have it, but that none of the DLC is necessarily "better" than the free stuff, just different.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2066 posts

Jul 25, 2012

Arron_Rift wrote:

RubiconAlpha wrote:

True, maybe Warhawk should be left out. I wasn't really sure about that part, but I thought it would add more value and recognition, and that LBI probably wouldn't be losing much income by giving it out for free.

As for the buildings and vehicle DLC, I think it could probably be done in such a way that it wouldn't divide the community. Just make sure it's like the perks, where it is fun and helpful for those who have it, but that none of the DLC is necessarily "better" than the free stuff, just different.

I'd accept more customization for vehicles but certainly not new vehicles.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (319 Views)
0 Likes