Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Re: Starhawk Reboot plan

Jul 25, 2012

Good idea but let me make a few tweaks to that. First all current starhawk players should get all of that DLC stuff that you were talking about for there buying the game early on and just to be nice to them. Also they should put somewhere on this website a sales ratting on the game to let us know how well are they doing. Now then on to your 4 questions. The first one yes I do think they should consider this. Second one starhawk ultimate. Third one 50$-60$ sense by then the glitches should be out and for all of the new stuff. Fourth one already talk about it. Well that's what I have to say. Let's see what everyone else think.

Message 11 of 21 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Jul 25, 2012

Oh before I forget I have this to say. All maps, buildings, vehicles, and weapons should and will be free. The only thing that would not be free on there DLC is new skins and new solo stories if they do put those in. Why I say that is if they make all of the multi stuff free be sides the skins and new solo stories, that would keep the community together and make it stronger thus making a better game that will make more players come and make more money for lightboxs.

Message 12 of 21 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1323 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2012

Yeah I agree, free is always good, but I get the feeling that LBI will be more interested in maintaining this game if they have some way of earning money from people who already own it, as no one ever buys multiple copies.

And I'm basing this partly off an old article I read here: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/08/all-starhawk-map-packs-free-in-response-to-divisive-warhawk-cont/

"All of Starhawk's future downloadable map packs will be free, Dylan Jobe, president of Lightbox Interactive, has announced. Writing on PlayStation Blog, Jobe noted that the paid downloadable content divided the Warhawk community with every expansion, and "after we released three expansions, our player community was pretty fractured."

Lightbox hopes to remedy that this time around by making all map packs free. Jobe added that there is still paid DLC in the works, though Lightbox is "still playing around with what that will be." The studio is already working on the first map pack, which will include the planet Cypress, pictured in the early concept art above."

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 13 of 21 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1323 posts

Jul 25, 2012

As for what I mean by "different but equal" paid-for vehicles and such, here are two ideas that I've already have posted that are similar to the type of stuff that I think LBI could come up with.

"Sparrow" Rocketpack

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Starhawk-General/quot-Sparrow-quot-Rocketpack-DLC-suggestion-...

"Viper" Armored Assault Cycle

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Starhawk-General/quot-Viper-quot-Armored-Assault-Cycle-DLC-Pl...

I think that both of these would make for interesting Paid-for DLCs without making players who don't have them inferior, and everyone could still play nice together.

Do you guys think this type of Paid-for DLC could work well and not divide the community?

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 14 of 21 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Jul 25, 2012

I wouldnt complian if you fix the game and if the price is right for the DLC.BUT!!! you guys said ALL DLC MAPS WILL BE FREE!! soo what kind of DLC would you make.You guys shouldn't have said all dlc maps will be free now you guys cant sell your maps to us like most other big games like battlefield 3. I am willing to pay for DLC for this game but dont add skins that we have to pay for it should be free.You guys really need vehicle DLC and diff game modes DLC.

Message 15 of 21 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Jul 25, 2012

ARCHENEMY420 wrote

You guys shouldn't have said all dlc maps will be free

you do know there are those that can't get the DLC because they can't get money on there account. How would you keep them with there friends and all if the maps were pay for. That would hurt the community and that's the last thing we need. The only thing that should be on there pay DLC is new skins and a new solo stories. That way we don't hurt the commulity and all.

Message 16 of 21 (100 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
51087 posts

Jul 25, 2012

RubiconAlpha wrote:

Sounds like a good idea but I'm a bit concerned by having two entirely different games (Warhawk & Starhawk) bundled.

I can only see the community being re-divided (even more than they are already) and a whole new group of players wishing one or the other titles was more like "this one or that one".

Again, your idea is a sound one but the games are too different and sadly anyone just now starting out on Warhawk will likely get so "owned" that they won't likely enjoy it much.

The idea in the original post could/would probably help sell more games and get more players overall into it.  

I quoted you rubicon because you just gave me a brilliant, ok well you can tell me if its brilliant or not, idea.   I should make a thread calle Warhawk VS Starhawk and merge the 200 threads comparing the game into one giant thread Smiley Tongue

Message 17 of 21 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1323 posts

Jul 25, 2012
How do you merge threads?

Message 18 of 21 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1991 posts

Jul 25, 2012

Arron_Rift wrote:
How do you merge threads?

Plymco has special powers being a forum MVP.

Photobucket
Message 19 of 21 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10352 posts

Jul 25, 2012

CRO_NOSM1-BUBA wrote:
Overall a good idea, but like mentioned up top it shouldn't include Warhawk. I for one want new buildings/vehicles, and wouldn't mind paying for them, as long as they're done well.

Yeah and they could make the new buildings/vehicles playable in regular matches, just those who didnt pay for them could not build them, but could still use them if someone who paid built them.

Then no great divide and a big incentive to buy the extra content by making mad jelly.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 20 of 21 (67 Views)
0 Likes