5542 posts

Re: Starhawk Signature Contest February 2013

Feb 1, 2013
Message 61 of 134 (231 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6542 posts

Feb 1, 2013
I don't think that signature has anything to do with starhawk.
Message 62 of 134 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Feb 1, 2013

So manly... Im gathering you new entry this month is realted to Starhawk on the grounds that the triangle over the mouse's head with a gamer tag is representative of the red "doritos" in Starhawk over a character?  And that the cloud behind your Warhawk character is supposed to represent a cloud of rift?

This is just my artistic interpretation of course... to the naked eye, it could look nothing like Starhawk at all.  If I didn't have the insight into modern art and the game that I do. I may not have even picked up on it.

Message 63 of 134 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5027 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Help me out here -- there were how many entries last month? There are only six signatures up for voting ATM, so let's call it seven. Manly's entry complies with the terms and conditions of the site, right? Why would anyone consider disqualifying him, then?

BTW, I have seen promissory notes that are less than one-third of the length of the rules in this contest, and the stakes were somewhat higher.

Message 64 of 134 (195 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Well Mr. Chemical Groom it does say it has to "clearly take advatage of the theme."

clear·ly  

/ˈkli(ə)rlē/

Adverb
  1. In such a way as to allow easy and accurate perception or interpretation.
  2. Without doubt; obviously: "clearly, there have been reversals here".

Synonyms
distinctly - clear - plainly - plain - obviously

As I said above it would be hard to tell to a normal individual that joined the Starhaw forum and took a peek to tell whether or not this has anything to do with Starhawk.  

In addition the rules don't cover creative interpritation. So being clear on the topic is even more important.  Other than that I would say Manly has indeed followed all the rules and guidelines.

Message 65 of 134 (190 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5027 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Thanks for the grammar lesson, GOW, but you missed the point of my post completely. This is the same contest as last month, no? There are how many submissions? Do we really need to limit the number of entries by having a draconian set of rules that get rigidly enforced?

I'm reminded of a purported Woody Allen quote -- "I'd never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member."

Message 66 of 134 (184 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I'm sorry I must have missed your point good sir.  I was addressing this part of your post:

"Manly's entry complies with the terms and conditions of the site, right? Why would anyone consider disqualifying him, then?"

I hope that puts my resopnse in better context for you. I wouldn't want there to be any misunderstanding.

Message 67 of 134 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5027 posts

Feb 1, 2013
Apology accepted, but you once again misunderstood what I said. I referred to the terms and conditions of the site, not the rules of the contest, and my point remains the same -- why does a contest that attracts fewer than 10 entrants need strictly enforced, overly stringent rules? Wouldn't it be more fun if it cast a wider net? Or are we trying to make the Starhawk site the exclusive domain of the same six or seven folks?
Message 68 of 134 (166 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I guess I am still unsure of what it is you are trying to achieve here.  The contest is pretty straight forward from what I can tell.  Is it that you are trying to draw more people to this community to participate in a signature contest?  What is it that you are wanting to change? Maybe if you specified what your rules would be I would have a better grasp of what you are trying to get across.

There are only a handful of people that frequent this particular forum that even get involved with signatures and I believe all of them are in this months poll.

This contest runs in multiple sections of the forum. I don't see why it is meeting such resistance here.

Message 69 of 134 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Feb 1, 2013
critical reading must be beneath some people.....

these are skills that are not taught in florida schools.

I know. I went to school here.

this is me helping
Message 70 of 134 (152 Views)
0 Likes