Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 15 2013
By: Phillyblunz Treasure Hunter 8325 posts

Starhawk Troopers!

[ Edited ]
8 replies 208 views Edited Jan 16, 2013

Any sci-fi an worth his/her salt should know what I mean here.

I'm thinking about the future, perhaps a sequel to Starhawk?

Or perhaps a new game altogether that just so happens to bump into Starhawk from time to time.

One of the best Sci-fi movies of all time and no video game tie in?  What the heck goes on here?

So the rifters are relaxing having a war with the outcast when suddenly warning indicators go off, "Collision immanent!!"

From the fields of war rifters and outcast alike lower their weapons from each other and gaze into the sky, a ultra bright flash of light and terrible sound is heard, its an asteroid and its heasding right at them all.

The rifters and outcast look at each other and without a word they know what needs to be done.

Several members of each faction mount beam and flak turrets, jump into hawks and tanks and everyone focus's fire on impending doom.  The hawks that run out of ammo make one last radio call out "See you on the other side" and boost full speed into the asteroid.  The attacks are not in vein as the asteroid has been reduced to about 1/3 what it was as it strikes the ground killing everyone in the war zone.  But it was all caught on satelite video and the last image that can be seen is the form of aliens creatures in the dust and destruction.

Would you like to know more?   (Kudos will be taken as a "YES" to this question)

The remaining rifters and outcast are now severely short handed and can barely wage war on each other any longer, they decide to have a meeting.  The meeting is set up in orbit around the planet which was hit by the asteroid.

The wary combatants seem edgy and it feels like a battle could begin at any moment.  Into the room enters the leader of the Outcast behind him is the leader of the Rifters, one male, one female, they are holding hands.

We have begun the process of healing our bitter war the rifter general pronounces, as such we have decided to marry our two leaders that prosperity and wealth shall befall all of our peoples from this day forth, together we will be stronger then ever before.     The sound of of the crowd goes high and is very quickley ended by the voice of the outcast general, "We must be this, we must survive, we will"  The table all are gathered around turns to a digital 3 dimensional projection and begins to zoom in on the ravaged planet, "Be thankful our home was not fully destroyed due to the efforts of both our people and their great sacrifice" she says slowly.

The Outcast general takes the group through what was destroyed and what remains of the battered planet, and begins to lay out a plan of attack on the invaders, just then a transmission is heard on the comm "This is Ruffneck 5120, do you copy?"

Would you like to know more?

(General of the rifters speaks)  "Can we clean up that transmission?  See who these "Ruffnecks" are and if they know whats going on here"

(Comms officer of the rifter) "Ruffneck 5120, request you identify yourself"

The transmission comes again "This is Ruffneck 5120, of the Federation of Earth, we have tracked a hostile ship to your location, confirm"

(Comms officer of the rifter)  "Negative 5120, we have been struck by an asteroid, over"

"This is Johnny Rico, general of the Federation, that asteroid was bug city carrying over 10,000 hostiles, those are their ships,  We are on course and should be arriving at your location shortly"  The transmission ends.

The mission room is silent for a moment as the generals and leaders of the two now friendly factions glaze at each other then all at once get up and leave the room, the 1st leutenant of the outcast takes their position at the head of the table and begins to lay out the surveyed maps on the holographic display.

In the other room the leaders and generals decide what to do upon the arrival of the federation.

(General of the Rifters) "We must ready for battle,  As far as we know this federation sent that asteroid and the bugs, we must be prepared for an attack"

(General of the outcast) "We must leave, our armies are not ready to face a new enemy so soon after such a loss, we must retr.....

(Leader of the Outcasts interupts) "Our world is in ruins, are people decimated, if they truely did send this asteroid, the power they must possess.  To face them is to sign the death warrents of both our peoples, this can not be.  But this world is our home, its fate shall be our own"

(Leader of the Rifters) "My wise Queen to be speaks the truth.  Our supplies are too low to leave this place and our forces are too weak to fight such an enemy.  Our only option is to wait for the Federation and hope they can help"

The 4 make their way back into the war room where the lieutenants of both factions are discussing plans of action on the surface.

(Leader of the Rifters) "We seem to have a another parter in war.  We must place our faith in these strangers if we hope to retake the Outcast home world and rebuild.  I want all weapons on safety, the last thing we need is....an incident".

The ship's interior glows a pulsating red as a warning states "Incoming vessel of unknown origin approaching, distance 5000 meters and closing"

Outcast general "Silence that noise, lets give them the royal welcome shall we?  Pilots mount Hawks, lets show these Federation bozos what we're made of"

Cut to space a few hundred meters from the factions ship as 32 hawks per faction race out of the ship holds and form up into their respective offensive formations.  "Ok guys roll out the red carpet"  says the general of the rifters over the comms.

The two formations part split down the middle like the red sea as the Federation ship nears and form an intricately designed corridor for the federation ships to make their way to the main ship orbiting the partially smuldering planet.  

"This is Johnny Rico, requesting permission to dock"

Cut to the Federation ship opening its massive rear door and Rico and a group of 5 others exit.

Leaders of both factions approach the boarding party and extend their hands in a symbolic gesture of friendship"

Rico takes their lead and accepts the offer graciously.

They are quick to explain their plight and Johnny says "The only good bug is a dead bug, lets get to work"

The leaders bring Johnny back to the War room and signify to him that he is in charge, Johnny takes the floor.

"We have been fighting these bugs for years, they destroyed my home and countless others and now they have destroyed yours.  We kill bugs good, and we are here to do just that.  Its "our" job now until we are dead or you find someone better, so come on you dirty apes, you wanna live forever?"

The factions break out in a massive roar as they all jump out of their seats and cheer.

(General of the Outcast ) "Battle stations everyone, we're taking her back"

Would you like to know more?

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (208 Views)
PlayStation MVP
48433 posts

Re: Starhawk Troopers!

Jan 15, 2013

Roughnecks ROLL OUT! 

Johnny Rico:   Mr. Rasczak, I want to join the Federal Service and become a citizen. But my Dad thinks I should go to college and remain a civilian as he has. What should I do?

Jean Razack: Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Jan 15, 2013

i never saw starship 2, but 1 was great

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (179 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48433 posts

Jan 15, 2013

shawn_z wrote:

i never saw starship 2, but 1 was great

yeah me too.  Its a classic!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (172 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1176 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

Starship Troopers 2 & 3 were god awful but "Invasion" was more like the first movie. Maybe SST3 was not as bad as 2 but still not close to 1.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Jan 15, 2013
This reminds me of my stathawk 2 story mode thread.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Jan 15, 2013
@rubicon

I paused at 0:56 and 0:59....

WAIT! Why I'm I telling you this...?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8325 posts

Jan 16, 2013

thesupertman wrote:
@rubicon

I paused at 0:56 and 0:59....

WAIT! Why I'm I telling you this...?

If your mom will let you watch the movie you'll see a lot more then that, LOL.

Babies first sideboob, aww.

jk

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8325 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Starship trooper 1 was one of the best movies of all time, I have seen it probably over 100 times.

Its got everything.

The second and third movies were pretty lame, more so 2.

The cartoon one I have not seen just yet, but I loved the old cartoon series, it was great.

Hawkfan267 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (109 Views)
0 Likes