Reply
Splicer
Registered: 05/09/2012
Offline
45 posts
 

Re: Starhawk World Domination Tournament

Jan 23, 2013

ArVaDa- wrote:

bus_driver68 wrote:
This tourney is a massive lag fest. People can't read the correct way to set the servers up. Loadouts are wrong as well as flag cap numbers. Who would have thought there would be this much lag with 8 people in a server. I mean lag at the most inopportune times like only when you grab a flag and suddenly you are running in circles not able to do anything. Taking people out in the air and suddenly you can't get pick ups at all. I mean WOW. I think SUGA is done in this. It should be a list of people that you play on a team with, not just whoever you happen to have online at the time or whoever you can get to change teams. What about people that are on multiple teams? We are done everyone have fun if you can.

Bus it looks like you were just playing a dumb **bleep** clan. Have balls message the guy running it and he will sort it out for you. Also if they were hosting, and you were getting a **bleep** ton of lag, you should do "lag test" in the future. Spend 5 minutes in their host before the game actually starts to determine whether or not there is severe lag issues. If there are issues just ask for a new host. 

 

Also there is a rule that there is to be no subs, so if you have proof of them using subs during the battle you need to message Damon on facebook and he will prob award you the win

 

hope that helps


Server was fine in the gatekeeper round with P@IN even though the server was set up wrong. They set it at 45 min and the highest score limit. We beat them like 100-6 or something and then we tell them to set up the server properly because he also had the next 3 matches set up for 45 min. Once he sets it back up server has a different name and they  sub a new player in. The server is fine except that  friendly fire is not turned on to 50% like the rules say.(not that it really matters.) We play the first round and each player on our team gets kicked out at some point in the match except for one. It's orbital so being down one player for the round makes it very difficult because it's a small map. After the match they ask if we can finish the rest the next day so we say sure. I couldn't play the next day so balls filled in for me and I'm sure bus will fill you in on how the matches went later.

Message 81 of 265 (161 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 05/09/2012
Offline
45 posts
 

Re: Starhawk World Domination Tournament

Jan 23, 2013

gs94 wrote:

So the host was laggy. And now you quit...

 

GG.


First CB against DOZ I was the host and it was still a lagfest. With no ping indicator it's tough to no who is lagging out the server.  In both CB we played only players from our team have been booted out of the game.

Message 82 of 265 (161 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 05/09/2012
Offline
45 posts
 

Re: Starhawk World Domination Tournament

Jan 23, 2013

DukeDrizzt wrote:

Whoa, whoa, wait a second...it is in the rules that u cant use subs but then your guys were down cuz one couldnt make it and would have to use someone else, so, what does Damon do? He doesn't run his ship like some tyrant we know and decided to be reasonable and amicable towards all involved and said, yes, if its agree upon by both teams then u can use them. You guys were all happy. You AGREED to it. Now when things hit the fan you wanna run and its all stupid?!! Thats on you dude. You can't have it both ways.


I don't think anyone on our team cared about subs. With no ping indicator and zero developer support now it's not worth our time to play this broken game competitively.

Message 83 of 265 (151 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/05/2008
Offline
3756 posts
 

Re: Starhawk World Domination Tournament

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

MeIchizedek wrote:
 With no ping indicator it's tough to no who is lagging out the server. 

With no ping indicator, its easy to blame lag for everything, or your own laggy connection.

 

And I'm just saying that because I've played Doz with their host and I had no problems.

Message 84 of 265 (142 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/05/2008
Offline
3756 posts
 

Re: Starhawk World Domination Tournament

Jan 23, 2013

And if you are the host, you shouldn't be experiencing any lag on your part.

 

Which means that you are lying, or you don't understand the game well enough to find the difference between lag or getting ownt.

Message 85 of 265 (135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/26/2012
Offline
2611 posts
 

Re: Starhawk World Domination Tournament

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

Allow me to enlighten those who obviously weren't there and have no idea-

We played on their terms and with their f'd up servers. We looked past the fact that they didn't set anything up right and couldn't even play the entire set the first day. When players are getting kicked repeatedly on one side it's not a just happenstance. ESPECIALLY when it seems to only happen when the flag is being capped. I don't think most of you realize how much "controlled" lag can effect this game. Sure most of you have dealt with lag but I can do **** in this game you wouldn't believe unless I showed you : cue Gremlin....IF I wanted to play that way. If a game is that unstable due to something as simple as a single players connection then in what world do you live that you think a tournament on said game will prove anything or even be worth playing in? I'm sure if we were playing clans like MWHS, CON or UNIT we wouldn't be having these issues. Not only because these are good lag free clans but they're set up to run these matches (CB) as they do them all the time (good connections=serious gamers)
1 shot MAW kills on a hawk, Swarm kills and "oh I have the flag wait everyone's running in circle...kicked flag returns" moments are almost NEVER on accident anymore when they happen repeatedly. Arvada you've witnessed some of this **** with gremlin and I and the rest of you have seen the videos.
To pretend its not happening is being nieve.

 

Edit: profanity

Message 86 of 265 (129 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/15/2012
Offline
4677 posts
 

Re: Starhawk World Domination Tournament

Jan 23, 2013

Who is nieve?  :smileytongue:

Message 87 of 265 (124 Views)
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/26/2012
Offline
2611 posts
 

Re: Starhawk World Domination Tournament

Jan 23, 2013
GS you obviously have no idea how lag works. It's a good thing but we would own pain any day of the week. It's not bragging or being cocky its the truth. You have guys with thousands of hours collectively in this game against those who have a few hundred. The math alone speaks for itself.
Message 88 of 265 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/15/2012
Offline
4677 posts
 

Re: Starhawk World Domination Tournament

Jan 23, 2013

gs94 wrote:

And if you are the host, you shouldn't be experiencing any lag on your part.

 

Which means that you are lying, or you don't understand the game well enough to find the difference between lag or getting ownt.


Wait would you like to discuss how forced packet loss works in a p2p mp game network setup??  :smileytongue:

 

  You're right of course because you were there for all the games.

I'm right because I entered a tournament which ended up being more laggy bs than I have ever seen playing on 32 man servers...and really if all I have to do is not play in a tournament to not see it, easy choice.  :smileyhappy:

   Enjoy your tournament.  You like it, great, I have better uses of my time than the "if you can't beat 'em join 'em"mentality.  I am not some gay kid who can't win at anything legitimately. 

 

And sincerely enjoy it if you like it.  This game is dead for me. 

Message 89 of 265 (120 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/05/2008
Offline
3756 posts
 

Re: Starhawk World Domination Tournament

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

lol Instead of writting paragraphs explaining to why the tournament is "laggy".

 

You could just ask for a lag test :smileyindifferent:

 

Or just quit the tournament entirely if you claim that every game you have played there has been lag.

 

But I see this **** all the time with 12 year olds on COD lol

 

Edit: profanity

Message 90 of 265 (113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes