Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 12 2012
By: ShadowFlareX Splicer 85 posts

Starhawk beta has wrecked my ps3

26 replies 181 views Edited Jan 12, 2012

Hi I'm ShadowFlareX from the eu starhawk forums. I've been encourage to spread the word about this really serious issue I've experienced and was told to come to the us forums to share it

The starhawk beta has basically wrecked my ps3 and I've now had to format my hard drive because of the issues I've had. How do I know starhawk wrecked my ps3? Because it's all I was playing. And it's crashed on me so many times and so severely where I've had to restore corrupt files that it has to be starhawk. I also kept getting an error code whenever i tried deleting files from my xmb and when I googled the code, it said it appeared due to a previous saving error, so my hard drive is corrupt now. Starhawk crashing.

Please read all the full detail here as there is much more info:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Public-Starhawk-BETA/Has-Starhawk-Affected-My-PS3-Error-Code-...

Please give it a read, let me know if anyone has had similar problems but most importantly I hope LBI read this because they seriously need to fix this for the public beta, it's so serious, and it seems no developers check the Europe forums. I almost feel like it's a waste of time posting there.

Message 1 of 27 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
485 posts

Re: Starhawk beta has wrecked my ps3

Jan 12, 2012

I read your story I sympathise but 2 things stuck out to me.

1. You have an 4 year old fat boy Ps3

2. You upgraded the hard drive

Yes, mutiple crashes would kill a hard drive especially an older one. And yes LBI is working on the crashes. The second you couldn't delete things you should have tryed backing up because that is a sure sign of hard drive damage and you miight have saved some of  the photos and such. I'm sorry you had this happen and I hope it doesn't happen to too many other people.

sorry to say but upgrading the hard drive I think voids the warrenty.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 27 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Jan 12, 2012

Thanks for the reply greywolf. Yes I know fingers will be pointed at the old fat ps3 with the custom hard drive but my machine has worked absolutely perfectly for years and worked perfectly until I got starhawk. It's no coincidence that the beta has crashed my machine severely and a lot of times and now my ps3 is wrecked. Starhawk is the cause and it seriously needs to be fixed for the public beta.

I managed to back up game saves but I had no external hard drive big enough to back up my photos, music and videos; that's assuming I even could back it up. And besides I'd only be backing up a corrupt file with it. I've already formatted my hard drive now anyway and my ps3 seems fixed now, despite losing everything.

I want to play the public beta, I want to contribute in the forums (if they even read the eu one) and I want to help improve the game. But I don't want it to kill my ps3. I think that's fair. Hopefully something will be done

Message 3 of 27 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8733 posts

Jan 12, 2012

Wyld-Greywolf wrote:

sorry to say but upgrading the hard drive I think voids the warrenty.

Photobucket

No it doesnt, its fine.

Besides unless he bought his PS3 at Staples there will be no warrenty anyway.(only place I know does 4yr warrenty)

Starhawk froze my PS3's multiple times.  From a 250GB first gen slim to a last gen 80GB phat.

It always asks me to check for corruption and I just hit "O" to skip it.

I know how much it sux to loose pictures due to the HDD encryption on the PS3.  I have been tryin for years to get the pics of my daughters birth and first year of life off my 60GB HDD, but without the original console it came from this data is unretrievable it seems.  And I even have a 18GB backup file with all these pics on it, and it still wont restore these pics unless you have the original console.

And Futureshop first lost, then actually destroyed my original 60GB PS3 eliminating any chance of this.

Hopefully you can get it back up and running if the data on it was very important to you.

If it is dont let that console the HDD came from get away!

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 4 of 27 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Starhawk Community Manager
284 posts

Jan 12, 2012

ShadowFlareX--we haven't had any reports of the beta causing PS3 system failure, so it was likely a poorly timed hardware issue. However, we will pass this along to the LightBox team and make sure they see it.

Message 5 of 27 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Jan 12, 2012

Thank you hawkstarjay, it is such a relief to know someone official from Lightbox has read this. I really feel like I might as well talk to my foot in the Europe forum because I hear nothing from anyone official. Yet my very first post in the us forum and I've already got an official response.

Thank you

And I really encourage the team to read the eu forums because they're are some seriously genius suggestions people have brought up in there that I fear will go missed, suggestions such as:

-upgradable buildings : upgrading existing structures using rift to improve the structure

- points for distance travelled with flag : for those times you carry the flag the whole length of the map only to be killed right next to your base and get no reward for your work

- points for flag drivers/ taxis : a teamwork based game that doesn't reward teamwork is wrong. People who drive the flag carrier across the map do all the work yet get no reward

These are some of the great ideas that I fear may have gone unseen in the eu forums

Message 6 of 27 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jan 12, 2012

I have 4 ps3s. 3 are fats (2 80G 1 40G) & a 1 year old PS3 slim 160G. I have had ALL of them crash while playing Starhawk beta. I have posted this problem before. So have other people so this is not new. If you look into past post you will see I tell the truth. By repeatedly turning of your PS3 incorrectly I can see how if can mess it up. If the next beta has this same problem then I will not play it. LBI has to be aware of this problem & it needs to be fixed even if it isn't destroying your PS3 its still not right. sorry 4 big letters I dont know how I did it

Message 7 of 27 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1297 posts

Jan 12, 2012

if it makes you guys fell any better my ps3 was fine after the beta

Message 8 of 27 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts