Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
85 posts

Re: Starhawk beta has wrecked my ps3

Jan 12, 2012

Likewise, you too mate. I'm seeing a lot of familiar names in this forum that I played against in starhawk. I was wondering where they all were on the forums as I didn't know a us starhawk forum even existed till a couple of weeks ago. I thought they blended all starhawk players into one forum....as it should be. I think this little englander may be sticking to these this forum from now on. I look forward to kicking your arse again Italy when we're back online ;D

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 27 (62 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7287 posts

Jan 13, 2012

It's never good to see a fellow gamer's system crash, and I'm sorry to hear about your loss

If you are 100% sure this error occured after playing the Starhawk Beta and nothing else, then it is probably the Starhawk Beta that caused this error to occur. As you have said that the error code your PS3 output signified a previous save error, and you didn't play anything other than the Starhawk Beta just before the crash, then it's most likely the Starhawk Beta that caused this issue.

This doesn't rule out the probability that your PS3 corrupted itself due to cache errors, packet corruption, registry problems, and other internal OS issues

soco signature

bhd clan site
mvp terms
forum rules
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 27 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
700 posts

Jan 13, 2012

Sorry to tell you this, but its nothing serious. At the "FIX HARDRIVE?" screen, just press O and its fine. Happens with every game crash. I havent gotten any serious problems even after numerous crashes. So its all good.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 27 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Jan 13, 2012

My Starhawk beta never crashed a single time on me.  I have a 5 or 6 year old fat PS3.  Just reporting for the record... that is all.

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 27 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Jan 13, 2012

Yeah but like I said previously, I did once press circle and skip the corruption check, and it absolutely was even worse for me because it completely corrupted the starhawk game file. Whenever I do the check, the game still works after. But when I skipped it, I then clicked to play on starhawk and the screen just stayed black and my ps3 crashed. I had to turn it off from the front of the ps3 and it beeped 3 times and still wouldn't turn off. So I had to turn it off from the switch on the back. This happened after starhawk already affected my ps3 btw.

I know skipping it may work for most people but it didn't for me

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 27 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Jan 13, 2012

Cheers southerncomfort, and yeah im positive it was starhawk. The beta crashing is the only bad thing that happened to my ps3 aroun that time and I wa only playing starhawk, that's all I was using my ps3 for. I don't care too much now cos formatting my ps3 has fixed it but I don't want it to happen again, especially when so many people will be in the public beta

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 27 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1297 posts

Jan 13, 2012

wait a minite back up kick my arse again i think you forgot to do it one time. lol ive become a different player since then i have evolved my best game is now 65-10 i get like 40 plus kills every game now. anyway i would love to play with you anytime. just send me a message and we will have some fun together. you would be some nice put practice for my clan. jk but for real anytime you want to play tell me.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 27 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Jan 13, 2012

lol, will do mate, we're sure to meet again once the betas up tuesday

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 27 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2388 posts

Jan 13, 2012

I skip that crap every time. No way am I waiting for it. Works fine for me every time.

ShadowFlareX wrote:

Yeah but like I said previously, I did once press circle and skip the corruption check, and it absolutely was even worse for me because it completely corrupted the starhawk game file. Whenever I do the check, the game still works after. But when I skipped it, I then clicked to play on starhawk and the screen just stayed black and my ps3 crashed. I had to turn it off from the front of the ps3 and it beeped 3 times and still wouldn't turn off. So I had to turn it off from the switch on the back. This happened after starhawk already affected my ps3 btw.

I know skipping it may work for most people but it didn't for me

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 27 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jan 14, 2012

Starhawk froze my PS3 several times as well but i did not skip the corruption check each time it happened I ran the check and everything is still good.

PSN_Forum.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 27 (62 Views)
0 Likes