Lombax Warrior
64 posts

Re: Starhawk or Dust?

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

Orpheus_Fool wrote:

RandmJOSH wrote:

Dust tanks are OP.

One thing I've noticed from handling a tank is that they are very vulnerable to infantry at close range. The man turret turns so slowly that a single trooper can stay close to you, and you can't even shoot him or run him over. I'm not sure about the maneuverability of the other turrets though, but it wouldn't make sense for the frontal auxiliary turret to be able to aim behind or the sides' rear-end.

From that, my tactic would be to use a scout dropsuit equipped with all AV equipment available and sneak up to the tank (naturally in a area where I can lie in amush, like in the cities). It still is untested though.

I can't beleive how many players are actually trying to take out tanks with mere ARs, SMGs, and HMGs (anti-personnel weapons).

I have had more than a few "disappointing interactions" with tanks in Dust (spawning in front of a tank, facing away from it is by far my favorite way lately to waist 30 seconds and my Kmart dropsuit).  

However it is possible to take one out solo.  I had worked my way to a less populated portion of the map to sort out the range and accuracy of my throwing arm.  I have been trying to figure out a good reason to carry the flux grenede and the other night I discovered one possible reason to carry them.    

I was under one of the platforms with all the storage containers gaging aim angle and throwing distances such that my version of sneak and peak might finally improve.  I can't hit the broad side of barn with the rifles hence the reason I went with the shotgun and use the grenades as a means to lure people in close to me.  

While working my way around the perimeter when a tank drove into the area and right past me.  It looked as though this fellow was conducting some kind of test drive.  He was weaving around the cargo containers pretty much just minding his own business.   I had immediatly shot at him out of reflex so I was a bit stunned when the tank just kept on going.    

Next thought: How better to find out what troopweapons do to tank when the operator doesn't seem to care?

I tossed two flux grenades at him and still he seemed otherwise occupied (perhaps he was texting his buddys).   It turns out that everything a shotgun and the submachine gun have to offer is enough to destroy one of the lower end tanks.  

I stood there stunned thinking that was cool but nobody saw it.  I looked around just to be sure.  Nope....not a blue dot in sight.   The smoke cleared.  Blam.  Dead.  

Fraking sniper stole my afterglow.... 

Alright...I'm flying now but I'm still really scared of heights.......and now flak!
Message 621 of 1,874 (137 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1790 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I said that the tanks are op because i have won games just for having a tank on my team and lost matches because the enemy has tank.

rndmjosh.png
Message 622 of 1,874 (131 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Too many blueberries not willing to take on tanks :smileysad: I love going after a well fortified tanker, you just know he's crying when you wipe out his million isk tank, it'll take a few battles to make up for that loss :smileyvery-happy:
Message 623 of 1,874 (126 Views)
Pistol Proficinado
590 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Thanks for the info Dragonott :smileyhappy:

waablammmo wrote:
Too many blueberries not willing to take on tanks :smileysad: I love going after a well fortified tanker, you just know he's crying when you wipe out his million isk tank, it'll take a few battles to make up for that loss :smileyvery-happy:

That what I love about Dust!

Once I managed to seriously damage a tank, and I saw it retreat very far from the city. I chased after it with my forge gun and found the 2 players maning it outside the tank, probably trying to repair it, so I just finished it off. Both players then ganged up on me and killed me quickly, but I was stoked knowing that the tank owner wouldn't make a single ISK in profit for that match :smileyvery-happy:

On the other hand you should have seen my first dropship flight attempt last night. It's was beyond embarassing. The supply ship dropped it between 2 building.  When I took off, I bumped into one of the buildings then just crashed. Total flight time : about 3 seconds and 150k ISK gone :smileyembarrassed::smileylol:

Message 624 of 1,874 (118 Views)
Survivor
2068 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Is the Dust website working for everyone else?

I cant get onto it.

Message 625 of 1,874 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Pistol Proficinado
590 posts

Feb 15, 2013

armyluke wrote:

Is the Dust website working for everyone else?

I cant get onto it.

It's not working for me either.

Message 626 of 1,874 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1790 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Thats not as embarrassing as my attempt, since i haven't unlocked it Shouper was kind enough to call one in for me but as soon as i got in i did a front flip and blew up.

rndmjosh.png
Message 627 of 1,874 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Lol, I haven't even tried one yet, I'll wait till they have a jet type vehicle before I get in the air
Message 628 of 1,874 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2068 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Did BHD win the corp match yesterday?

Please tell me you did, hate the Warriors.

Message 629 of 1,874 (75 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5736 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Yes, yes we did. Of course the game wanted to punish us though XD. Warriors are know glitchers and all use heavy armor. They lurk in pub matches all in heavy armor (think they had 2 people without heavy armor in the corp match) and of course dust decided to put us on biomass which is the most heavy friendly map currently in the game....

But we won by MCC and also had more clones. We should have the video up soon.

I was so happy to beat them.... Especially all the times we lost in mag because their entire clan was glitched under the AAA so we had to spawn in the back of the map all game (takes about 30-40 seconds to get to the letters from the back spawn)
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 630 of 1,874 (69 Views)