Lombax Warrior
64 posts

Re: Starhawk or Dust?

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

Orpheus_Fool wrote:

Thanks for the info Dragonott :smileyhappy:

On the other hand you should have seen my first dropship flight attempt last night. It's was beyond embarassing. The supply ship dropped it between 2 building.  When I took off, I bumped into one of the buildings then just crashed. Total flight time : about 3 seconds and 150k ISK gone :smileyembarrassed::smileylol:

Orpheus you highlight an issue I have with the game with respect to the learning curve.  In Starhawk we had the ability to create our own server to experiment and practice with the tools of the trade.  You even had the ability to invite more knowledgeable players in to help understand how and what to do.  

I understand such a feature would drive up the hardware requirements on the CCP/Sony end but man would it make life easier for us noobs to learn how the paper/rock/scissor aspects of Dust work.  

joined the BHD Corp. for just this very reason.  Unfortunately anything that is taught or learned is often done so while be shot at during a skirmish or ambush.  For example TX told me Wednesday night Heavies don't like the laser rifle.  Last night I found out just how fast you can take out those fellows sporting the heavy machine gun.  That was a precious piece of information.   

Alright...I'm flying now but I'm still really scared of heights.......and now flak!
Please use plain text.
Message 631 of 1,874 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1790 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

armyluke wrote:

Is the Dust website working for everyone else?

I cant get onto it.

I was about to ask if you would like to play since we were a player down but then we got our 8th player.

rndmjosh.png
Please use plain text.
Message 632 of 1,874 (111 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
45121 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
Yes, yes we did. Of course the game wanted to punish us though XD. Warriors are know glitchers and all use heavy armor. They lurk in pub matches all in heavy armor (think they had 2 people without heavy armor in the corp match) and of course dust decided to put us on biomass which is the most heavy friendly map currently in the game....

But we won by MCC and also had more clones. We should have the video up soon.

I was so happy to beat them.... Especially all the times we lost in mag because their entire clan was glitched under the AAA so we had to spawn in the back of the map all game (takes about 30-40 seconds to get to the letters from the back spawn)

Oh no the former SVER scrubs won, can't blame the maps this time :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 633 of 1,874 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2065 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

RandmJOSH wrote:

armyluke wrote:

Is the Dust website working for everyone else?

I cant get onto it.

I was about to ask if you would like to play since we were a player down but then we got our 8th player.

Yea I was in a match with IV when I was asked, then I had to reboot cause chat wasn't working again.

I think they would do better if they had more assault, but I guess you cant keep players like them away from their HMGs.

Interested in playing DUST?

Use this recruitment link to get free items once you sign-up: https://dust514.com/recruit/TbXlqE/

Mail me in-game (Knight Soiaire), or, join the 'Learning Coalition' chat channel if you need any help.
Please use plain text.
Message 634 of 1,874 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2065 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Why does this guy hate yous so much?

Use this recruitment link to get free items once you sign-up: https://dust514.com/recruit/TbXlqE/

Mail me in-game (Knight Soiaire), or, join the 'Learning Coalition' chat channel if you need any help.
Please use plain text.
Message 635 of 1,874 (81 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4665 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Cause he's a **bleep** mag player that can't let go of the past. Or the fact that no matter how much he says anyone on sver sucks he can't accept that Phoenix IS a better player than him.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Please use plain text.
Message 636 of 1,874 (76 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Well said...
Please use plain text.
Message 637 of 1,874 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2065 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
Cause he's a **bleep** mag player that can't let go of the past. Or the fact that no matter how much he says anyone on sver sucks he can't accept that Phoenix IS a better player than him.

Yea, he criticized Phoenix at the end for "OP MAG weapons", when he is using a Duvolle with god knows how many Complex Damage Modifiers.

Please use plain text.
Message 638 of 1,874 (71 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4665 posts

Feb 16, 2013
I mean to be fair the guy is a good player but he also thinks he's better than every person who was ever on sver just because he wasn't on sver....

Which makes him a bit ignorant.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Please use plain text.
Message 639 of 1,874 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
661 posts

Feb 16, 2013
I'm guessing that Phoenix is slightly responsible for provoking him, judging by the message she sent him.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z98/VillDoc/escjsc2-small.jpg

Destroyer Of All , Killer Of None

Please use plain text.
Message 640 of 1,874 (62 Views)
0 Likes