Re: Starhawk or Dust?

Dec 9, 2012
Never played the original Planetside
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Dec 9, 2012
I was watching dust 514 gameplay. The shooting mechanics suck!!!!! they should add a little atomatic-aim, or snap aim.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 1,874 (531 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13627 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2012

thesupertman wrote:
I was watching dust 514 gameplay. The shooting mechanics suck!!!!! they should add a little atomatic-aim, or snap aim.

Hahahaha. Great joke

Oh, wait...you're serious...

Auto-aim is bad, especially in an extremely competitive FPS. This isn't CoD where the game does everything for you...you actually have to work for your kill.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 1,874 (528 Views)
Wastelander
656 posts

Dec 9, 2012
Dust sucks. I've seen PS2 games with better graphics and animations. I'd rather play Warhawk.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 1,874 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Dec 10, 2012
@Phoenix

Sorry, meant to say aim assit. it should just have a little, not to much. Aim assist would help with the long range kills.

They need to work on the graphics!
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 1,874 (508 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13627 posts

Dec 10, 2012

thesupertman wrote:
@Phoenix

Sorry, meant to say aim assit. it should just have a little, not to much. Aim assist would help with the long range kills.

They need to work on the graphics!

Really, though...its completely unecessary. First off, you can't get a kill outside the optimal range in Dust, so aim-assist for that reason would be completely useless. Second...that's part of skill. And after practicing, you'd get the hang of it anyway (just like being able to predict where your grenade launcher shots went in MAG...I got really good at that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvJnHKrizJc no aim assist in that double kill :smileytongue:)

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 1,874 (493 Views)
PlayStation MVP
46954 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

velvet_123_cat wrote:

Okay, I just got in to the Dust 514 closed beta, and I think it's amazing personally. It also brought up an interesting point. How many of the dedicated Starhawk players are going to switch to Dust? Let me know what you think.

I'm a Delta Force: BHD (PS2) long time gamer who bought a ps3 and got really into warhawk when it came out.  I enjoyed warhawk until I got into the MAG beta then I played that a ton, then I got the starhawk beta and really enjoyed it and this game so far...i'm also in the DUST514 closed beta but I don't have the same draw in that the MAG and Starhawk Betas gave me. 

I might change my opinion after the next build but right now I'm not all that excited for dust...yet.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 1,874 (479 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46954 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

thesupertman wrote:

no no no no no no no....NO   :smileytongue:

Sorry dude I just hate auto-aim/snap aim/aim assist in any game, nothing personal :smileywink:.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 1,874 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Pistol Proficinado
588 posts

Dec 10, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

thesupertman wrote:

no no no no no no no....NO   :smileytongue:

Sorry dude I just hate auto-aim/snap aim/aim assist in any game, nothing personal :smileywink:.

The only time I like aim assist is when characters have unnatural movements: like bunny hopping (even worse when they can change direction mid air), or fast side to side strafing without a dead stop between direction changes. Given the relative lack of precision, compared to a keyboard + mouse, of a controller, it acts as a compensation mecanism. In game where you have these unnatural movements and where it takes a lot of shots to kill a player, people just tend to use AoE weapons like RPGs, grenades, and shotgun.

No aiming assist whatsoever works better when characters have more natural movements, like ME3 or Binary Domain (apparently, the mechanics are highly similar to Gears of War). Cover should determine whether or not you can avoid being shot, not Matrix or anime mech style bullet dodging.

Plus sniper riffles should always have that swaying movement unless you can lay down to aim.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 1,874 (462 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Dec 10, 2012
Dust 514 would be fun if it wasn't for the extreme lag and terrible graphics.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 1,874 (445 Views)