Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Re: Starhawk rating

Dec 5, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

I can say one thing...if I heard a rumor of MAG2 I'd pre-order it blindly.

Substitute Warhawk for MAG in that...

Which would then account for 57.5698% of all Starhawk sales.....

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 51 (159 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1172 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

Phillyblunz wrote:

So many people love to bash Starhawk, sure it has its issues but if it was really so bad why would you still play it and like it so much?

I realize Starhawks problems of course, I'm not blind.  I bet I see more wrong with it then most people do.  (See any of my anti-hawk posts)

But since it has all these problems no one should ever play it?  Is that the message you guys are trying to send?

"Its broken and crappy and yet I play it every day"  Doesn't that mean you are stupid or something?  LOL.

The truth is Starhawk is not perfect, but its much better then pretty much any other multiplayer game on the market to date.

Say its not polished, OK sure, lets look at a very polished game BF3.  I own both but only play Starhawk,  I bet this applies to lots of you too.  So if polish is all that matters are you stupid?  And me too?  Or maybe something else matters more??

Say its broken, Ok sure, lets look at a game which is not broken.........  I actually can't think of any perfect games to come out in the last few years.  Maybe MGS4, maybe an argument for KZ2, Drakes Fortune 1, Heavenly Sword, IDK LAIR maybe?  (IMO LAIR is the most innovative game this or last gen that I have played)

Its all subjective in what you consider the ideal game, so this argument does not hold much water.  Hey I want the XMB kicks fixed too and less lag in the glade maps, and a separate button for B7B so I don't constantly build walls when I want vehicle or build sniper towers when I want a grizzly but hey its obviously not a deal breaker cause I am still here.

Say this game is a rip off, Ok sure, what game is not a rip off?  Starhawk costs $20 and can gve you hundreds of hours of enjoyment and all the important DLC is either free or you don't have to buy it to use it.  Lets take COD, the game costs $60, the DLC costs like what $60/yr, the games are the exact same as the previous versions so you pay hundreds of dollars per copy for essentially the same game.  Plus the games lack real depth as all you do is kill, kill, kill.  Yet the sheep flock to these clones year after year.  That's what I consider a rip off.

So my fellow forum goers who are still here and I assume for a reason what hugely successful game do you think Starhawk is better then?  And how could it be better, remember this game is a broken, unpolished rip off right?  Well what does that make the polished unbroken games then? I say it means they are still not as fun, the essence of what gaming is/should be about.

Starhawk, funnest game of the year by a mile IMHO, just call me stupid.

I won't call you stupid but I do disagree with a few things.

Starhawk was broken on release day even worse than most games nowadays. Very little changed after all the patches and hot fixes. Sound? Still cuts out. Freezes and XMB kicks? Yep, still there. Connection issues? Still have them from time to time.

More than six months after release and we all still have these problems on a regular basis, I call that broken.

Also, Starhawk was a $60 game upon release with almost no story mode, a few Co-Op maps, CTF, TDM, DM and Zones on a hand full of maps for that $60.

Pricing it for now $20 for the single player (rip-off if you ask me) and $20 for multiplayer still seems high for as little as you get. Even with the free updates (maps and modes) the whole game should be $20, not split like it is now.

Yes, Starhawk is fun if you get past all that (I still play because nothing else came out that amazed me either) but I find it far from polished or worth the $60 bucks I plopped down for it.

Sadly I can say the same for about a half dozen other games I pre-ordered this year but that doesn't make me feel any better when I look back at Starhawk.

I at least did enjoy Starhawk more than some other new releases this year but not without a hundred or more times I wanted to throw my Dual Shock at the screen for just crashing during a round or unbalanced as h*ll servers.

Comparing it to other blockbusters this year is kind of silly since we all know Starhawk didn't have the budget those other games had. But LBI had something to prove and it should have been so much better (and complete) than what we got on May 8.

That's all I have to say about it.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 51 (152 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1023 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012

Philly don't forget some of us paid $60 + tax, and about another $20 for the DLC.

I personally wasted $87 total after "purchasing" the DLC, and that was due to another retarded blunder of LBI's.  They GUARANTEED us, that after purchasing PS+, we would keep the DLC forever, which was an outright lie (oops I mean, "mistake") on LBI's part.

The guys at LBI even told us they would "confirm" this lie, and they came back and posted, which is as "official" as it gets, that buying the PS+ would get you the DLC forever.  LBI obviously went to double-check with Sony, and Sony gave them this answer.  OR... LBI didn't check with Sony, and made up this answer.  Either way, someone LIED to someone, which ended up misinforming the paying customers.  So I paid for a 3 month rental of the DLC. The link that was supposed to provide us with a refund, so we can then put the money towards purchasing the actual DLC, never worked, and I never got a response from Sony.  Not only is this game unpolished, but with this added level of incredible stupidity, laziness and incompetence on it's developers part, I was tricked into wasting my money on a 3 month rental of their DLC.  a rental.  I rented the DLC ffs.

Also, being 100% guaranteed to have my play session end in an XMB kick or a freeze is the definition of broken to me.  not "unpolished" but broken.  40 minute match with hawks?  I'm lucky if I make it to the end of that match.  Instead, not getting XMB kicked, is the rare occurrence.  Which is horrible odds to have with a game-breaking bug like that.  It's why I started playing arena so much.  Can't get XMB kicked outside of a hawk.

The game's $20 now, but that doesn't help someone like me see it's new, perceived value.
I paid $87 for an (at most) $15 online-only indie game, that is still not finished.

As for the actual topic: Starhawk is better than.... Gears of War, and better than Dust514.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 51 (138 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 6, 2012
>_ >

But gears of war is usually around full retail price....

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 51 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Vote for starhawk!!!

Ps3 multiplayer game of the year!!
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 51 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Dec 6, 2012
I have never played Mag. I would buy Mag 2 if it came out.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 51 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
64 posts

Dec 6, 2012
for me there is only one other game i'm playing online at the moment as oppossed to starhawk and thats fifa 13 (trying to reach premier division in online seasons, currently in div 6)

before starhawk was released it was warhawk and fifa 10, 11, 12 which took up the majority of my online gaming so i'd say in order of personel preference and amount of hours played it would be...fifa 10/13, warhawk, starhawk :smileyhappy:

theres a skipload of games i'm playing for the singleplayer which are epic in comparison to starhawks campaign but lack the pure fun and enjoyment I get from starhawks mp....

to summarize, starhawk is the ONLY online game I play if fifa aint in the ps3 :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 51 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

(IMO LAIR is the most innovative game this or last gen that I have played)

I stopped reading right there. Lair was mediocre even with the patched controls. Innovative. HAHAHAHA. Yeah, right. Because you fly around on a dragon and shoot stuff? **bleep**. The graphics are awful, the controls are unbearable, and the game simply isn't that great. It's not awful and it ain't great. Hardly a cause to celebrate.

To all you people who wasted your money: You did have a full warning on the forums. I do feel bad in some cases... Mangaas that sounds really awful but.... feel better knowing Dylan's kids will have a nice college fund.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 51 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Dec 6, 2012

I do feel a bit for the guys who paid full retail on release for Starhawk.  I'd be a tad upset too. Was it worth that in it's release state? No.  Is it now? Maybe not still, but that is a hard thing to unbiasedly discuss due to the amount of upset it has casued some people.

You know what though... Mr. Lincoln paid for mine! Along with Nico Belic and some fast cars and some cutesy play-create-share racers. Im ok with that.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 51 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Dec 6, 2012
With the amount of fun I had with starhawk, I would have easily paid $60 for it.

But I think starhawk would have sold better if it started out as a dowloadble title at $30.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 51 (79 Views)