Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
2642 posts

Re: Starhawk server issues report to SSM (Do not merge!!)

Apr 16, 2013

BEN_drowned__ wrote:
Can they remove the quit penalty, put 1v1s back in, fix skill score, and save server rotations.

get rid of sw lock-on and put the sidewinder back in heavyweight...

Message 11 of 109 (145 Views)
Wastelander
561 posts

Apr 16, 2013
SW lock ons help in CTF though Its annoying anywhere else
Message 12 of 109 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2548 posts

Apr 16, 2013
1v1s still work you just need some alts to sign into split screen. They put it in because someone posted a video for cheating on youtube. I think it went down though. Quit penalty is fine as long as kicks aren't counted which I think they are right now...
Message 13 of 109 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Apr 16, 2013
I ragequit if I late join into a baserape.
Message 14 of 109 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1043 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Hey try to stay on topic, this is to fix some of the error codes, and whatnot. I don't think they will do too much. Plus there are plenty of threads where you can post all of what you want chaned to the game.

Message 15 of 109 (122 Views)
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

i was there both nights for the xmb test. Night one i don't think they caught anything, and i think someone finally got an xmb kick on night two (after i left) so i'm not really sure. 

Both test didn't focus on air mines as a main cause. First night was focused on flying through the trees of cypress, and second test was heavy dogfighting but i didn't see a whole lot of mine spam if i remember or a stress on building limits; turret spam, etc. 

Keep in mind xmb kicks are almost 100% an occurance of people flying around in hawks. Personally i've never been xmb kicked while on the ground, out of a hawk. I have heard it happen to people before but i've never had a person i've talked to in-game admit to being kicked while on the ground. 

Hard freezes can occur to both ground players and hawk flyers. About two weeks ago a couple of dummies figured out a way to cause hard freezes and crash servers but lately i haven't heard or seen it happen so either they stopped or sony fixed the problem. 

Xmbs seem to occur most in clan battles. But do happen a lot in public servers with air mine spammed over home bases or on maps with a lot of buildings up, usually turret spam. 

Couple clans have tested (or cheated) by spamming airmines focused in one spot (usually over home base) to purposelly cause kicks to the xmb. I've seen it work with my own eyes twice in clan battles, and whenever i notice a lot of air mines placed in public games i've been kicked shortly thereafter, or i notice a lot of player kicks start to happen.

Not saying air mines are the only factor because i have been kicked from a mwhs clan battle to the xmb with no air mines in games before. That was with a european host so there was already increased amounts of lag in the server to start with. But they happen way more frequently when the mines get spammed so if SMS does take a look at xmb kicks i think they should start with the coding that goes into air mines.

/long rant completed  :smileywink:

Message 16 of 109 (117 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Apr 16, 2013
*applauds*

I dont know why, but that was deep. So anything that stresses the game causes XMB.
Message 17 of 109 (111 Views)
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

Southern_DuDe_20 wrote:
*applauds*

I dont know why, but that was deep. So anything that stresses the game causes XMB.

Haha thanks. I have pretty serious feelings about xmb kicks because they have been a huge reason why many of my friends and old clan mates from H3LZ and a couple of my current clan mates in CON have stopped playing starhawk. They could deal with all the other crap that starhawk has to offer but them being kicked out of big clan battles or just kicked from public servers when they were casually playing was their final straw.

I do feel if lbi had fixed or avoided xmb kicks in the first place the player count would be a little higher then it is now (it would still be pretty low but not as low as it currently is)

Message 18 of 109 (109 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Apr 16, 2013
Sorry for double post, but, most of my freezes happen if the game is stressed in my area. I remember, Narrows, 32 player community night. I was in a tank. I decided to load artillery, twist my tank, steer, drive, while having grenades chucked at me, several turrets, and hawks while trying to capture the center zone.

I froze.
Message 19 of 109 (108 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Apr 16, 2013

highlydangerous9 wrote:
There is also the problem of joining a zones or assault game and not being given a team look up gremlins video. but it's not a major concern and I'd be fine if it stayed in there.

this happens when you join a game while the map is changing. it has happened to many on gatekeeper as well

Message 20 of 109 (101 Views)
0 Likes