Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Re: Starhawk server issues report to SSM (Do not merge!!)

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

I agree with this post 100% and i don't know what they were thinking when they changed it to how it is now.

Good post, i'm gonna add this to the list i created on page 3

photo goodstuf_zps22aa784c.png
Message 31 of 109 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1282 posts

Apr 19, 2013
I love SW lock wr need to be able to lock on to SWs with hawks too!

Sweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet Kitty

Emmett kitty is hungry.
Message 32 of 109 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1043 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Galactic_Hobo wrote:

Please, everyone focus! Please fix CTF. Capture the flag is only fun because of the tension building cat and mouse game of when the other team has your flag and you can't score. We do not want to play GET THE FLAG anymore; we wish to play CAPTURE THE FLAG. iI can promise you that this will promote Longevity, we wont even have to worry about Sindwinder lock-ons because they will seem justified......

I hope I am not alone on this.

You know thats how I thought it was going to be when I first bought this game. That would be a nice fix.

Message 33 of 109 (126 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2661 posts

Apr 19, 2013

velvet_123_cat wrote:
I love SW lock wr need to be able to lock on to SWs with hawks too!

what are you talking about?! the sidewinder lock on is horrible, the dumbest thing that LBI put into this game!! and i never thought about it but i'm glad that hawks can't lock on to the sidewinder. oh man i'd go crazy.

Message 34 of 109 (124 Views)
Wastelander
590 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Killcycle wrote:

I agree with this post 100% and i don't know what they were thinking when they changed it to how it is now.

Good post, i'm gonna add this to the list i created on page 3

They changed it because their statistical data showed that most matches ended in a draw (0-0).

Unfortunately it wasn't because needing to have your flag in place was a though requirement, like they thought, it was because a lot of players played CTF like a TDM. That's why they changed it.

Then CTF turned into a race for flag so, to fix what they broke, they implemeted the sidewinder lock-on thus further breaking the game.

Message 35 of 109 (119 Views)
Fender Bender
2548 posts

Apr 19, 2013
How about the options for sidewinder lock ons and flag runs when creating the game?
Message 36 of 109 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1282 posts

Apr 20, 2013
@lee, I necer use SWs, so hawk LOn would be great!

Different points of view, i guess.

Sweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet Kitty

Emmett kitty is hungry.
Message 37 of 109 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 20, 2013
Orpheus_Fool wrote:

They changed it because their statistical data showed that most matches ended in a draw (0-0).

Unfortunately it wasn't because needing to have your flag in place was a though requirement, like they thought, it was because a lot of players played CTF like a TDM. That's why they changed it.

Then CTF turned into a race for flag so, to fix what they broke, they implemeted the sidewinder lock-on thus further breaking the game.

I like this post ^ 

Tell me what you think about the shield being the problem instead?

It makes it difficult to get in, they slap turrents in there, mines, soldiers and Tanks. Making it very difficult to get in so people just sit back instead, if they took out the shield from CTF for good then I reckon it would fix everything, you can now destroy sniper towers, Tanks would be more aggressive keeping all the crap in the main base to a minimum and stopping people from sitting in these giant bubbles of invincibility just waiting for players to get close. It would give opportunities for sidewinders to come in and would attract people to attack rather then defend because of the good points you can pick up from destroying all the stuff in there.

like this you can take off the Sidewinder lock on and put CTF back to how it used to be.

Message 38 of 109 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Apr 20, 2013

velvet_123_cat wrote:
@lee, I necer use SWs, so hawk LOn would be great!

That's a bit unfair to say then don't you think?

If you don't use SW's then it's okay to just make Hawks apsolutely a rape machine to them by allowing them to lock them on?

Hey Velvet, i don't use Hawks, so removing flight mode and stomp completely would be great!

Message 39 of 109 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2548 posts

Apr 20, 2013
^ Rage...

I'd personally like options so maybe the option to have SW lock ons or bubble shield or both flags for capture.
Message 40 of 109 (69 Views)
0 Likes