Feb 19 2013
By: BEN_drowned__ Wastelander 561 posts

Story

14 replies 139 views Edited Feb 19, 2013

I was playing a CTF with Southern Dude on Conduit. I believe we were on opposing teams. So, throughout the course of all the matches on that particular server, there was the same person who was infamous among my team. He would spawn on some high part of his base, get a grizzley, and patrol. In real life, it's smart, but this isn't real life. He would kill anything coming in and out of his base, since the Grizzley is great for dealing with ground vehicles. He got me a few times, until I had enough. I don't know where anyone else on my team went, and didn't care. I got my arsenal of weapons, a jetpack, and a bike. I came to their base from the side (still on Conduit) and immediatley got shot at. I didn't die though. I jumped over a hill and ended up on a small strip of land near the acid sea. I went around until I was in that area of land that's right behind the patrol. (He was on a sniper tower on the metal platform in the back. He also had a bubble shield) He detected me, so what I did was pop out of cover and go back. I was playing with him, which distracted him from my team mates. They were dumb for not going for the flag, but I think Southern Dude was keeping them busy. So while I took cover, I slipped under the platform and went to the right entrance of their base again. Someone from my team destroyed their bubble shield. I got behind a rock and started sniping their auto turrets. After that, I went behind the base again. He saw me again. I had enough of this. I hovered over him, threw some grenades and no scoped him. He died, but it was too late. The enemy scored the winning flag. The point of this is, no other shooting game's multiplayer can do something like this. Starhawk CAN have stealth. It can have better stealth than games like Ghost Recon, which is the main gameplay element of that game. It just depends on how you use it. It  actually seemed more interesting during the match. 

There you go Southern

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (139 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Re: Story

Feb 19, 2013
Epic. I have been stealthy before too. Starhawk promotes so many play styles! Today I found myself building beam turrets and repairing them by hand, which is a strategy I haven't done before.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
534 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Nice story. I am actually a fan of doing what is smart in real life in this game. Yeah, often times I get totally owned by someone doing something smart like taking the high ground and putting up a force field but it is from moments like this that I learn something.

This game is great in how open the gameplay is. Teamwork always wins but between the skills, weapons and vehicles this game give you lots of options and you can always find a nitch. I tend to act as a decoy or human shield for my team members.

You know guys know how I play at this pont "I'll run in and get rid of the mines." or "I will distract the auto-turrents" or "I will intercept that missle"

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7256 posts

Feb 19, 2013
This story was well worth waiting for :smileyhappy: I enjoyed this!

Im trying to think which time this was because we played Conduit CTF like a billion of times last night(and we were always on the opposite team :smileyvery-happy:)
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Feb 19, 2013
This happened the first time. The second time, the guy was actually on my team. I destroyed the towers he was camping on, then team killed him at the end.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (112 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7256 posts

Feb 19, 2013
Is the 2nd match the one where the bubble shield was on the flag?
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (110 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
45157 posts

Feb 19, 2013

BEN_drowned__ wrote:

I was playing a CTF with Southern Dude on Conduit. I believe we were on opposing teams. So, throughout the course of all the matches on that particular server, there was the same person who was infamous among my team. He would spawn on some high part of his base, get a grizzley, and patrol. In real life, it's smart, but this isn't real life. He would kill anything coming in and out of his base, since the Grizzley is great for dealing with ground vehicles. He got me a few times, until I had enough. I don't know where anyone else on my team went, and didn't care. I got my arsenal of weapons, a jetpack, and a bike. I came to their base from the side (still on Conduit) and immediatley got shot at. I didn't die though. I jumped over a hill and ended up on a small strip of land near the acid sea. I went around until I was in that area of land that's right behind the patrol. (He was on a sniper tower on the metal platform in the back. He also had a bubble shield) He detected me, so what I did was pop out of cover and go back. I was playing with him, which distracted him from my team mates. They were dumb for not going for the flag, but I think Southern Dude was keeping them busy. So while I took cover, I slipped under the platform and went to the right entrance of their base again. Someone from my team destroyed their bubble shield. I got behind a rock and started sniping their auto turrets. After that, I went behind the base again. He saw me again. I had enough of this. I hovered over him, threw some grenades and no scoped him. He died, but it was too late. The enemy scored the winning flag. The point of this is, no other shooting game's multiplayer can do something like this. Starhawk CAN have stealth. It can have better stealth than games like Ghost Recon, which is the main gameplay element of that game. It just depends on how you use it. It  actually seemed more interesting during the match. 

There you go Southern

And just another example of why I love starhawk, i'm going to use this post!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I just signed in to say that I played a DM with you over the weekend at some point, and you are insane with that Rifle/SnapAim !

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (85 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
45157 posts

Feb 19, 2013

sickcityxiii wrote:

I just signed in to say that I played a DM with you over the weekend at some point, and you are insane with that Rifle/SnapAim !

Who did you play with?  I know it wasn't me because you said rifle and snap aim in deathmatch :smileytongue:   Grinder baby!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Please specify "Starhawk" story next time, so I won't waste time reading.  You owe me a story now. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (76 Views)
0 Likes