Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 07 2011
By: Y_Lan Lombax Warrior 119 posts

Team stacking in Public Servers is the worst offence to new players

26 replies 149 views Edited Jun 7, 2011

Yes  this , without a doubt in my mind, caused of the decline of Warhawk.  New players came into the game were facing base rapes after base rapes, because the old timers were able to organize into clans and buddies system in order to unfairly dominate the games. Friends whom I introduced to Warhawk often quit in disgust because they couldn't find  a public server to have a good game.  The public servers are the natural places where new comers come to play so do not ask them to play in private servers.

Dylan and  his developing teams should learn from this mistake and do not allow Stacking in the Public servers from happening again.  I agree this is a team oriented game, but team should fight against team, not against the potpourri mix in the Public Servers.

imagesCA04QZA0.jpg

Message 1 of 27 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1585 posts

Re: Team stacking in Public Servers is the worst offence to new players

Jun 8, 2011

I never really had any problems with this in all my time playing zones in official.  The only thing was that zones really isn't meant for 32 players.  That's my issue.  Every single round of zones ends up being a complete base rape once 32 players come in.  24 is just perfect for it, good games can be had there.

darkfire101
Message 2 of 27 (149 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1186 posts

Jun 8, 2011

but two very good players can also do this as well, I have seen two people hold down a base of 8 to 12 players by themselves.  So no matter what happens, the new players will get their butts kicked until they learn the game ( instead of quitting), i learn from the better players. helped me become one of those two players i was just talking about

KingAlchemy13 Trophy Card
Message 3 of 27 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jun 8, 2011

I'll admit (mentioned in another thread as well) I ony played the game for about 6 months after joining REALLY late.

I picked a copy up cheap, and I had trouble finding people willing to show me the ropes, because so much of the playerbase was already entrenched in teams and didn't really take time to pick the new players up and dust us off, or share any advice.

I did eventually run into a guy who'd joined a random game and realised there were a couple of noobs on the team, and basically ran almost like a strategy game by directing us, making us stick together, and teaching us how things worked as we went. Without that, I wouldn't have even been able to get good enough to appreciate the game - even with it I knew I'd never get good enough to be competitive, which is why I stopped.

I'm looking forward to being on ground-level with other players in a similar situation, instead of feeling not only lost, but alone as well.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 4 of 27 (149 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Jun 8, 2011

yeah, I got into Warhawk late as well, I played for sometime, but not the 100s or thousands of hours others did.

So I never really got passed being a newb.

It was definately frustrating, when a group of new players gets matched up against the "best of the best"

Message 5 of 27 (149 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1186 posts

Jun 8, 2011

i always helped new players, even started a clan (BoTC) which was made up of me and a friend, and only new players who did not know the game.  After working with us in our clan, these players are now an elite force in warhawk.  But during an intense battle, i am not gonna stop and tell you to push square to get in the jeep, but if you are all stuck in one zone, i will let you take another.  I used to be terrible when i started, but when you buy a game, not rent but BUY, you should take the time to learn it.  and in Warhawk, the warhawk (Planes) are god, learn to use them.

KingAlchemy13 Trophy Card
Message 6 of 27 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jun 11, 2011

Thanks for the replies you guys...

I like the "new player clan" idea.

If I stick with Starhawk long enough, I might try to do something along those lines. Set up a "training clan" - I never expect to get to the real top-tier level in a game, but I'm a good teacher. In Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, I'm actually pretty good, and most players on the official forums know me as a good source of information about the game - I know more than most about even the abilities I don't use very often.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 7 of 27 (149 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jun 13, 2011

I understand your pain.

Message 8 of 27 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jun 13, 2011

Y_Lan wrote:

Yes  this , without a doubt in my mind, caused of the decline of Warhawk.  New players came into the game were facing base rapes after base rapes, because the old timers were able to organize into clans and buddies system in order to unfairly dominate the games. Friends whom I introduced to Warhawk often quit in disgust because they couldn't find  a public server to have a good game.  The public servers are the natural places where new comers come to play so do not ask them to play in private servers.

Dylan and  his developing teams should learn from this mistake and do not allow Stacking in the Public servers from happening again.  I agree this is a team oriented game, but team should fight against team, not against the potpourri mix in the Public Servers.

imagesCA04QZA0.jpg

Yea, bad news for you on this, Starhawk will have a ton more clan stacking. Lightbox has designed it that way, by incorporating cross game clan comms,  in one interview Dylan said it could be used to call your buddies into a game you need help in. The game is being designed to be played with clans. Best if you find some people you like to play with and join or create a clan.
Message 9 of 27 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Jun 14, 2011

I see both sides of this argument.

When a group of people play together often enough, sooner or later they're going to start relying on each other to do certain jobs without someone screaming GET TO THE %*(#%$^(@# MIDDLE!

Example from the Ford/Gunner servers I enjoy so much; we have:

Base stealing ninja and recon expert: Sumdumbguy

A few GOOD pilots:  Gunner and J_Luke, Sometimes Ford96, Sometimes Nice_Shot

A helluva tanker:  Ford96

Some decent all around players:  Old_Seadog, PAHunter come to mind

A sneaky ass saboteur/sometimes thief behind enemy lines:  That's me.

An Objective oriented player or two.

A sniper/good pilot:  xAGhostx

Once you learn the other peoples strengths and weaknesses, its tempting to want to stay on the same team, every round, all the time.  There's a beauty to this game when you all work together, everyone knows what they should be doing, how they fit in, what information the rest of the team needs to know, and what information your team doesn't care about - because you know someone is already all over certain situations without needing to be told.

That being said, randomized teams are great in that everyone gets to play with everyone else and it cuts down on base rapes/utter annihilation/demoralization.  It keeps a server full and active and gives others a chance to discover if there's a place for them with whatever group they find themselves playing with.

As with boosting/padding servers - just avoid them if they bother you that much.  Team Stacking isn't the WORST offense for new players.  Alts in the Green Servers is the worst offense. 

Message 10 of 27 (149 Views)
0 Likes