Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Re: Team stacking in Public Servers is the worst offence to new players

Jun 15, 2011

No, Alts-stacking in Clans is the worst offense in Green Servers; example: Flex, Ufo, Evil, Warhawks,ect...Nowadays only very few players in the green are genuine rookies anyway.  There's nothing wrong about team works or clans I'll repeat, and they should play with one another in clans ' battles. But if they are stacked on 1 side of the map in Public Servers then it's cheating and down right cowards

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 27 (53 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jun 15, 2011

lol. This is Starhawk forum.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 27 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2277 posts

Jun 15, 2011

Perhaps your ability to enter a server shouldn't be based just on rank?  Perhaps on KDR too?  If your KDR is far above what is normal for your rank, perhaps you should be limited to higher-level servers?  This takes care of alts in rookie servers. It would also discourage stacked teams from constantly base-raping a team of randoms.  Perhaps all of these issues are why LB is talking about doing matchmaking rather than server lists.

The Warhawk wiki is here
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 27 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Jun 15, 2011

KnightSeven-- wrote:

lol. This is Starhawk forum.

Yes, but I believe the point of Y's post is that she hopes stacking is eliminated in SH servers because its clearly ruined new WH players and ran them off.  I disagree that its the WORST offense to happen to true Rookies.

My point was, there are two sides to the stacking argument, and it also applies to SH, and any other game in the world out there where two teams are up against each other.  That's why its called a clan... or a team.  So like minded people can join together, back each other up, and teach one another - and ultimately dominate others.  Is it a tragedy that n 0 o bs are cannon fodder?  Yes, and no.  I see both sides to the argument.

I'd rather put up with stacking and padders though than lose personal choice on with whom and where I play.  I enjoy playing with a certain team of people who plan to carry over to SH, and I don't want to lose the privilege of being on their side and kicking arse and taking names simply because some mamby pamby rookie gets his feelings hurt and quits.

But maybe that's my Second Gen WH player mentality showing through: If you can hang with the big dogs, don't leave the porch.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 27 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4372 posts

Jun 15, 2011

It's a very tough nut to crack.

Because, basically, the only solution is to make it so that people can't play with people they know. And, that doesn't always work either. There will always (maybe not always, but usually) be matches with more good people on one side than the other. More experience, better at working together, etc...

To create a 100% completely level playing field would mean: 1) No lobbies, 2) No playing with your friends, 3) No option to choose the map you want to play. There's probably some things I'm missing, but those three alone make me a little nervous about what measures the developers would have to take to stop Team stacking.

Personally, I didn't think it was Team stacking that was the problem with Warhawk. Someone is always going to lose, someone is always going to win, and not every match can come down to a last second flag capture, or zone defense.

I always thought the most frustrating thing was the length of time you were forced to suffer through a truly one sided match. I think I remember they added something eventually (I could be wrong... its been a while) but I recall being in zones games where my team was forced into one base, and had no chance of breaking out, and had to suffer through it for a long long time.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 27 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Jun 15, 2011

I don't see the point of preventing players from playing with friends and people they know - the entire reason WH survived as long as it did, and endures even now, is because of the sense of community.  SH is going to require a massive amount of teamwork, that's a known fact, and was intended to be that way.

Cut out the ability to play with the same people ever again unless you happen to tossed in a random game with them again, and you're going to see SH die a quick death, in my opinion.  It will become near impossible to develop the type of bond between people that play together regularly, and therefore, is going to make organization and cohesive teamwork more than a little difficult.  90% of baserapes happen because there is NO SENSE OF WORKING AS A TEAM.  Its all about ME, and the alts hammering rookies in the Green Servers are perpetuating that notion.  And THAT is the worst offense - true rookies have no idea how to play this game right, if they even survive at all.

The community is what makes this game worth playing.  Lose that sense of community, and the ability to play with friends and even family, you're cutting SH's throat before it even hits the shelves.  It'll just bleed out and die.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 27 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2277 posts

Jun 15, 2011

batenswytch wrote:

That's why its called a clan... or a team.  So like minded people can join together, back each other up, and teach one another - and ultimately dominate others.  Is it a tragedy that n 0 o bs are cannon fodder?  Yes, and no.

It's only a tragedy when it happens to newbies in Rookie servers.

Yes, we need to be able to choose who we play with. Whether they are our clanmates or not.

LB really only needs to deal with this problem in Rookie servers. Maybe people with abnormal KDR or W/L ratios should be automatically flagged to mods so their stats can be examined and they look to see whether this person might be an alt. Or a whole clan of people that are deliberately avoiding ranking up so they can pound newbies together.

The Warhawk wiki is here
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 27 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Jun 15, 2011

jason_ac wrote:

batenswytch wrote:

That's why its called a clan... or a team.  So like minded people can join together, back each other up, and teach one another - and ultimately dominate others.  Is it a tragedy that n 0 o bs are cannon fodder?  Yes, and no.

It's only a tragedy when it happens to newbies in Rookie servers.

Yes, we need to be able to choose who we play with. Whether they are our clanmates or not.

LB really only needs to deal with this problem in Rookie servers. Maybe people with abnormal KDR or W/L ratios should be automatically flagged to mods so their stats can be examined and they look to see whether this person might be an alt. Or a whole clan of people that are deliberately avoiding ranking up so they can pound newbies together.

Exactly. 

That being said, I started out in the green servers, that's where I ranked up and out of them.  So its not I don't know what goes on in there.  As someone who came in 2 years late to the party, I didn't know it should be any other way, and wasn't about to quit because of some abusive tool heads.  I worked hard to rank out of the greens, and bull...effing... sh____ it I'll ever go back.

I will say this though - it does thin the ranks... Survival of the fittest and all that.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 27 (53 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jun 16, 2011

Team/Clan stacking happens to most MP games. What's the problem really? I don't understand.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 27 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Jun 16, 2011

Exactly ^^^.

The trick is growing some fuzz on your peaches, manning up, and learning to fight back despite overwhelming odds.

And just like padders, stackers, when caught outside their little fishbowl of safety, are very quickly exposed for what they really are.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 27 (53 Views)
0 Likes