Sep 19 2012
By: PLYMCO_PILGRIM PlayStation MVP 45267 posts

The Freaky Shuffle

[ Edited ]
26 replies 319 views Edited Sep 19, 2012

I'm not sure what else to call it but I've been doing what I'm calling the "AF Shuffle" recently and its made dodging missles a LOT easier in AF.

Its basically the "CAF Spinner" move but adapted to work with the AF mechanics.   You know the "CAF Spinner" basically describes how many CAF pilots are constantly spinning even if you don't have a lock on them because they know that if you do lock and they are already spinning int makes dodging way easier.

Well in AF I dodge by "shuffling" the hawk.  Last night I got a lot of time to practice dodging and was doing the "shuffle" before people were locking missles on me.  I was dodging homers fairly well (still died by 3 or 4) and not a single airmine or swarm even came close to bothering me. 

So to the fellow AF pilots out there who are still having trouble try this.   For those that don't have trouble but don't do this feel free to give us your knowledge!

EDIT: It seems FreakyEvil has been doing this for a while and people were already calling it the freaky shuffle so I canged the thread title :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7000 posts

Re: The AF Shuffle

Sep 19, 2012

I heard this called the "freaky wiggle" before as well. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (316 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
45267 posts

Sep 19, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

I heard this called the "freaky wiggle" before as well. 

freakyevil? 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (307 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Sep 19, 2012
I'm glad my technic is helping a lot of you guys out but remember timing and map awareness is everything. It is all about timing guys.
GIfreakyevil
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (302 Views)
PlayStation MVP
45267 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2012

freakyevil wrote:
I'm glad my technic is helping a lot of you guys out but remember timing and map awareness is everything. It is all about timing guys.

I've noticed that using the boost, for homers, is needed if I'm not using engine mods.  Do you have any suggestions on breaking the homing lock without boost or engine mods?

So you have been doing this "shuffle" a long time then freaky?  I just picked up on it about a month ago and only really got it down consistantly last night (Clan match vs a combo or BOW2/exT$ players is great for practicing dodging :smileytongue:)

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (298 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Sep 19, 2012

I have trained several people already in Starhawk Plymco and i guess one of these guys came up with the name Freaky shuffle. Never thought about it but i like it. Yes i have been doing this kind of dodging since Warhawk. I fly the exact same way in Starhawk as i do in Warhawk no difference at all other than the different boost. Warhawk the plane would make better and sharper turns than what Starhawk does and the boost in Warhawk is a lot better to. You can dodge without using boost at all, you just need to keep the safety distance between you and the enemy plane behind you. Maintain this distance and they will not hit you at all unless your timing is off on the dodge. Remember map awareness is the key you want to turn away from the missle being fired at you. If they are coming from the left then you bank right and dodge never let them get to close to you.

GIfreakyevil
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (289 Views)
PlayStation MVP
45267 posts

Sep 19, 2012

I should maybe change the title to "the freakyshuffle" then, what do you think freaky? Want a SH move named after you?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (268 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Sep 19, 2012

Sounds good to me buddy.

GIfreakyevil
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (261 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
45267 posts

Re: The Freaky Shuffle

Sep 19, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Re: The Freaky Shuffle

Sep 19, 2012
I have a hard time doing the non-stop shuffle, not running into everything AND watching my radar at the same time. Any tips?
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (249 Views)
0 Likes