I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Re: -- The Player Count Thread --

Nov 20, 2012

dreamcaster21 wrote:

batenswytch wrote:

StubbornPuppet wrote:

I played for 4 hours last night.  Hopped into at least 3 different servers during that time and always found plenty of players, plenty of variety and had good games.

I think the thing so many people miss is that they look at what maps, modes, loadouts and conditions are set on the server list "at that very moment" and forget that, as soon as a match ends, those settings often change to a whole different setup.  What looks like a groundpounder server right now, can be a dogfight or Heavyweight Zones match in a few minutes.

I realize that many servers are set up for really silly stuff or setups that are boring to most of us, but why stress out over it.  You've all got plenty of SH players on your friends list - join or start a good server and the player count will follow.  That's what happened for me last night; I joined a server with only 4 players (because I liked the setup) and, within 10 minutes, the room was full of great players and we had an epic series of matches that just kept going.

Me, you, and Ballz must have played very different games last night... because I counted 29 servers at the high point, and the ONLY one with more than 6 people in it was....

WAIT A MINUTE... WE DID play the same SH last night.  Because that ONE server with a full count - you were in it.

I don't call 28/29 half baked servers with 4-5 people in them 'plenty'.

That's about it,they are very few servers that are full ever...And that's usually basin from what I have seen.

I do like SH,and would like to see more people playing but as things are going now every game will be like a clan battle..And it seems the only people left flying are the top pilots so any new comers are going to be miserable in the air and I would say the same for ground too..Im not a grounder at all, played it very little and as I am trying to learn it now and WOW! it's miserable with mostly skilled players.

just learn the snap aim and you will become above arverage on the ground immediatly lol

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 114 (123 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 20, 2012
What you said, Dream. We did 3v3 with some 'pros,' and it kinda sucks when they're using every second of their 20 minutes just taking to the air and ravagin everything we erect. It would've turned me off the game, but LBI did a good job with the easily implemented 'kick' button to difuse any imbalances.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 114 (121 Views)
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
What you said, Dream. We did 3v3 with some 'pros,' and it kinda sucks when they're using every second of their 20 minutes just taking to the air and ravagin everything we erect. It would've turned me off the game, but LBI did a good job with the easily implemented 'kick' button to difuse any imbalances.

That is your problem tho man. You got over 1,000 posts in here, not sure about how many hours you actually put into SH but by this time you would think most ppl would have learned how to be competitive in the air. Or at least survive and be some sort of a distraction. Ya the air may be broken but it is still a huge part of the competitve cb scene. Not busting your balls just curious why people are so turned off by the air game.

Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 114 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 20, 2012
Actually, I dont mind getting up there. I get the air game is where it's at, and whether or not its broken is irrelevant. If you got bogeys in the sky, you need some hawks to counter.

I post here cause my day job is boring. I post here because I really do like Starhawk. Unfortunately, at night, there aren't enough friends or servers I enjoy, and I've got a list neck deep in games I can play when the SH isn't all that great right now.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 114 (112 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 20, 2012
I also play Resistance 2 by invite, which is kinda how I like to play my MP games.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 114 (110 Views)
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
I also play Resistance 2 by invite, which is kinda how I like to play my MP games.

The first resistance was my favorite all time fps multiplayer. R2 kinda sucked imo. I played a **bleep** ton of R3 before starhawk came out and got really good at it. Sadly though R3 kinda died these past few months. 

Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 114 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Nov 20, 2012
I liked r3. If it had more guns, more maps, and better customization, and more killstreaks it could have been better.

Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 114 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Right on Samokoske!

I'm in the same boat - I suck in the air when the real flight pros are in the room, but I don't care.  I'm secure enough to accept that some people are better at certain stuff than other people.

Real life example:  I love to play disc golf... but I can only throw a drive about 350' and I hit a lot of trees. Other guys I play with can pound out 450'+ drives all day and are super accurate.  The way I see it, I've got two choices:  A) Quit playing disc golf because I'm never going to turn pro. OR B) Accept that I suck, but that I still love the game and keep on playing.

Whether there are more people or fewer people on Starhawk, the trick is to find players you like and send them a friend request.  Every time I pop on Starhawk, I don't need to spend a bunch of time worrying about how many or few servers there are, I just go to that handy friends list on the right and select someone and join their game.  It always works out. 

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 114 (95 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 20, 2012
In my "what're you playing" thread, I mention my affinity for resistance. R2 co-op remains unmatched for FPS. Can't wait till fuse. R1 was my favorite of the franchise, I wish there were trophies for it. Never played R3 online though, but story wise R3 had the most captivating campaign.

R1 felt a bit like a serious old school fps meshed with ratchet and clank, with the weapon wheel and the vehicles and stuff.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 114 (92 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
In my "what're you playing" thread, I mention my affinity for resistance. R2 co-op remains unmatched for FPS. Can't wait till fuse. R1 was my favorite of the franchise, I wish there were trophies for it. Never played R3 online though, but story wise R3 had the most captivating campaign.

R1 felt a bit like a serious old school fps meshed with ratchet and clank, with the weapon wheel and the vehicles and stuff.

Ya that is what made R1 so **bleep** addicting though. It was pretty much as close to perfect for a FPS that i have seen on ps3. They tried to hard in r2 and r3 that tried to mix COD elements into the online aspect which was okay but kinda made it dull after a while of playing it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 114 (89 Views)
0 Likes