Sadly, Yes.

Message 11 of 114 (242 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48888 posts

Re: -- The Player Count Thread --

Oct 18, 2012

Undead-MonkeyGuy wrote:

As all of you now well know, LBI is pretty much bust, that though does not mean this game is going to go the same way as them. This is not doomsday like the prophets of doom say it is.

This game is most likely now staying as it is and nothing will be changed, so that means there will be no patches anymore and all that stuff, it will however still be the same when LBI has gone since Santa Monica studios will be in charge of the servers I believe. With LBI gone it does not mean this game is dead, a games dead when all the players leave and there are still quite a few.

I believe it's still on sale on the PSN store so the numbers can still grow. With all this negativity you may be discouraging any buyers.

So, all players that want anything patched will have to deal with the fact that it's not going to get changed and all WarhawK lovers will have to deal with the fact they are not going to listen to you complain since they won't be there. Even more so if your only here to do one or both of those things you may as well leave this forum.

This game I believe in neither dead nor dying and to stop the argument over this I have decided to add up all the players in the lobbys around the same time of day (6:30-UK time) every day. (Excluding Sundays)

I will continue to add the player count each day. (All dates are from the UK)

Tuesday       | 16/10/12 347 Players

Wednesday  17/10/12 351 Players

Its not like LBI getting laid off means we all got fired from playing starhawk :smileytongue:

Message 12 of 114 (231 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Oct 18, 2012

Tekn0tize wrote:

I will DEFINITELY keep playing this game. My all time favourite FPS is Unreal Tournament 2004 and this is one of the closest gmaes I liked since then.

I bought Starhawk just a few days ago for around 40 eurors (I've only played like 2 or 3 hours into the game) and now I hear LBI is dead.... The worst luck.

What was your handle on ut2004?

Mine too, UT being a very close 2nd.  And I found this game to have a similar appeal.

Message 13 of 114 (224 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2622 posts

Oct 18, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Undead-MonkeyGuy wrote:

As all of you now well know, LBI is pretty much bust, that though does not mean this game is going to go the same way as them. This is not doomsday like the prophets of doom say it is.

This game is most likely now staying as it is and nothing will be changed, so that means there will be no patches anymore and all that stuff, it will however still be the same when LBI has gone since Santa Monica studios will be in charge of the servers I believe. With LBI gone it does not mean this game is dead, a games dead when all the players leave and there are still quite a few.

I believe it's still on sale on the PSN store so the numbers can still grow. With all this negativity you may be discouraging any buyers.

So, all players that want anything patched will have to deal with the fact that it's not going to get changed and all WarhawK lovers will have to deal with the fact they are not going to listen to you complain since they won't be there. Even more so if your only here to do one or both of those things you may as well leave this forum.

This game I believe in neither dead nor dying and to stop the argument over this I have decided to add up all the players in the lobbys around the same time of day (6:30-UK time) every day. (Excluding Sundays)

Its not like LBI getting laid off means we all got fired from playing starhawk :smileytongue:

it sure feels like it :smileysad: ... wait what the hell am i saying?? what the hell am i saying??!! :smileysurprised: "don't think negative, don't think negative... picture yourself on the battlefield in assult trying to defend your base, hawks, grizzlys and tanks trying to come into your zone and cap it, success or failure. then its your turn to attack, you fail or succeed to cap some but not without dying over 10 times... ahh thats better :smileytongue: "

Message 14 of 114 (220 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Oct 18, 2012
Can't wait to see what Santa Monica Does.
Message 15 of 114 (219 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48888 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2012

a_leenail1992 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Undead-MonkeyGuy wrote:

it sure feels like it :smileysad: ... wait what the hell am i saying?? what the hell am i saying??!! :smileysurprised: "don't think negative, don't think negative... picture yourself on the battlefield in assult trying to defend your base, hawks, grizzlys and tanks trying to come into your zone and cap it, success or failure. then its your turn to attack, you fail or succeed to cap some but not without dying over 10 times... ahh thats better :smileytongue: "

Yeah it sucks but at the same time the game is the same as it was on monday :smileywink:

To the original post:  I'll try and post up the 10pm eastern time zone player counts for this thread also.

Message 16 of 114 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

a_leenail1992 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Undead-MonkeyGuy wrote:

Yeah it sucks but at the same time the game is the same as it was on monday :smileywink:

To the original post:  I'll try and post up the 10pm eastern time zone player counts for this thread also.

I forgot to put PM after 6:30, I've edited that in now so by 6:30 I mean 6:30 in the evening. 

Also I've added todays player count and I'm off to set up my **Ultimate Assault** server, feel free to join it.:smileytongue:

This is my signature, FEAR IT!
Message 17 of 114 (201 Views)
PlayStation MVP
48888 posts

Oct 18, 2012

I wont be on for 9 or 10 hours but if I'm on SH tonight I will join it if its there :smileyhappy:.

Message 18 of 114 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Oct 18, 2012
I don't get how LBI changing direction and giving the reins to Santa Monica means SH is dead.. Zipper is gone but S4 always has players online. Whether or not you play a game online isn't dependant on the companies doors being open. A dev can't kill a game while the servers are online, only you players can do that. The community decides when SH is dead.. not LBI.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 19 of 114 (177 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Oct 18, 2012

I'd suggest that the OP either recruit a US player or get on to get the player count at 3am your time.  There are a lot more US players on this game than the rest of the world combined.  I estimated about 2400 players at around 9pm central US time last night.

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Message 20 of 114 (171 Views)
0 Likes