Dec 15 2011
By: JayD9218 First Son 5 posts

The Razorback

9 replies 93 views Edited Dec 15, 2011

I started to play around with the Razorback recently and I found (to me at least) some problems with the vehicle.

What I like about the vehicle is that it can hold allies in it, it can also defend it self.  If you are in the vehicle you can switch around from spot to spot which is very conveinient as compared to having to get out and get back in.

A problem that I found with the vehicle is with that option to switch back and forth.  If you switch from the driver seat to the gunner you can start shooting the gun before the character itself gets there.  This to me is problem because somebody could be driving and switching back and forth shooting and switching almost without being stopped.  The same goes for going back to the driver seat.  The character doesn't have to be all the way back in the seat for the vehicle to start to move again.

If there was just a delay in which you are able to control the gun which you switch to it, or the vehicle when you switch to the driver seat.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (93 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: The Razorback

Dec 15, 2011

you can also deploy turrets, spawn points and whatever else while driving(assumein you have enough points to create it.)

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1594 posts

Dec 15, 2011

i kind of liked the ability to control the turret/car even though character isnt in place. i feel it helps make the gameplay more quick while still making it look cool with the animation.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (93 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
904 posts

Dec 16, 2011

JayD9218 wrote:

A problem that I found with the vehicle is with that option to switch back and forth.  If you switch from the driver seat to the gunner you can start shooting the gun before the character itself gets there.  This to me is problem because somebody could be driving and switching back and forth shooting and switching almost without being stopped.  The same goes for going back to the driver seat.  The character doesn't have to be all the way back in the seat for the vehicle to start to move again.

If there was just a delay in which you are able to control the gun which you switch to it, or the vehicle when you switch to the driver seat.

I disagree.  Nothing like getting shot at, and having to sit there watching your guy climb to the back before you can even start shooting back.  You can't aim in during the transfer animation, that's a good enough handicap for me.    

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7966 posts

Dec 16, 2011

Beta guys this is the BETA...

Look for lots of changes before the game is 100% Warhawk changed a lot even after it had been out for months/years in some respects.

This game isn't 100% complete. Even when it does come out there will probably be patches and updates galore.

Beta testing is for EXACTLY what you are all doing. Complain about all the problems you see now because they'll be a lot easier to fix now rather than later.

I look forward to killing and being killed by you all eventually...

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd73/rseverclear/Lightemuprsteele2.png

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2778 posts

Dec 16, 2011

Is it just me or does this thing look exactly like an RC car you would buy at Toy R us?

Whenever I see the thing I can even smell the toy car tire smell.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Dec 16, 2011

OMG THANK YOU!

That's the first thing I said about it.  It even SOUNDS like an RC car.

Doesn't make it less fun btw.  It just is what it is.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (93 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 25, 2012

One of the problems I have found with it is: the turret is hard to aim. They should make it like the 4x4 turret, in warhawk. In warhawk, even when the vehicle turns you were still facing the same direction. But in starhawk when the vehicle turns, you turn with it. This makes it nye-impossible to aim while moving. And since you aren't controlling the vehicle you're probably always moving.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Feb 26, 2012

I don't think that's a problem man.  No one wants to watch themselves get shot at while they wait for their man to crawl in the back seat. 

And gun turrets are notoriously hard to aim in every shooter.  I don't think this one is too bad

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
536 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Razorbacks are the most fun

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (89 Views)
0 Likes