Oct 18 2012
By: thesupertman Treasure Hunter 6552 posts

The one thing we can do. The only thing.

4 replies 160 views Edited Oct 18, 2012
What we NEED to do.

We need to advertice the game ourselves. LBI won't do it. Santa monica won't do it. We need to use YouTube, facebook, twitter, to advertise this game. We should make homemade posters and trailers and post them all over the internet. Play different games, and tell people through you mic to buy and play starhawk.

We are the only ones who can help starhawk at this point.

I encouge people to make new servers to train noobs.
Message 1 of 5 (160 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Re: The one thing we can do. The only thing.

Oct 18, 2012
Ill make more serves. But im not training.
Message 2 of 5 (138 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Oct 18, 2012
Wait shouldn't lbi have done this 7 months ago?

ManlyMisfit is 100% correct.
Dylans ego got the better of him.
Message 3 of 5 (119 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Oct 18, 2012
Why should I advertise a game that kicks you to the XMB, has framerate issues, and other balancing issues that will most likely never get fixed?
PlayStation MVP
1195 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 19, 2012

Because the "fan boy" logic is that if more people buy the game the better the chance that Sony will spend the money to have people fix (finish) their game.

I enjoy Starhawk (when it works) but I couldn't recommend a game I know may never be stable enough to play hours on end like so many other great games.

It's Sony's job to market their game. Good (honest) word of mouth from fans of the game can help sales, but if Sony doesn't believe in their game enough to spend the money to advertise it, I don't get worked up enough to to do their job for them.

Sony pulled the plug on this game before it even launched. Even with all the positive reviews and word of mouth, where was the marketing campaign? Oh, that's right...there wasn't any.

At least not an effective one.

LBI was contracted to make a game for Sony. LBI did that.

It was Sony's job to test and market the game. They failed on both fronts.

Some want to place all the blame on LBI, but if Sony wasn't happy with what LBI created for them they should have delayed the game till it was ready, but instead cut their losses and release it and quickly moved on.

Proof, they ended ties with LBI only five months after the release. Two plus years of development and then less than six months after the product hit the shelves *poof*

It's all about the money and Sony doesn't want to throw more money at what they must have known was a game that wouldn't sell large numbers.

I think they (Sony) just counted too much on the Warhawk community to break the 250k mark. Then everyone working for Sony should have focused more on making the game the Warhawk community really wanted.

Message 5 of 5 (80 Views)
0 Likes