Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Re: The skiil aquisition grind- is there a pattern?

Jan 4, 2013

Samokoske wrote:
I got the shishkabob skill in prospector, also the repairman skill there too.

I think I got those two there as well. A few others too, but its been so long I can't remember any others for sure

Message 11 of 27 (177 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8298 posts

Jan 5, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:
I can't remember if you can earn the Weapon skills in Prospector. You'll just have to try it out for yourself. You can earn some skills in Prospector, but not all, and I can't remember which ones you can and which you can't.

I took out at least 50 enemies with the sniper rifle and didn't unlock the skill (though I got Shishkabob about 10 times over during that span).  Doesn't look like you can unlock the weapon skills in prospector.

Message 12 of 27 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Really? That's strange. Well, did you get any skill unlocks in my server?

this is me helping
Message 13 of 27 (156 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8298 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

Nope.  You threw up some air mines... but your teammates were defending them like it was an objective or something... :smileysurprised:

Edit: Actually just checked my skills...  Hyper-aware and Low Profile are unlocked.

Message 14 of 27 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Jan 5, 2013
See, i followed this pattern during the beta. I was someone who jumped in the hawk and stayed there. I didnt go "groundie" because i was afraid of pro hawkers(i was a great flyer in the early days). What drove me down was LBI's constant changing of flight, so i grew tired of changing my methods so i dropped the skies and resorted to getting good on ground.

Then,yea, i became a tanker and i will always be a tanker(i LOVE tanking). And this is at level 20ish. I only played zones all the way up to level 50. And in zones, killing loads of people was key so i had that mastered.

LBI then added an update that increased pod menueverability(something that used to be a trooper weakness) so i hopped out of the tank and began to troop. Still have not mastered that.

So now that im a 50, flight most likely wont be changing, and now i have a dilemna of balancing hawkin' and tankin' and every now and then, sprinkle in some troopin' :smileyvery-happy:
Message 15 of 27 (123 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8298 posts

Jan 7, 2013

In Prospector (solo) I have unlocked Scavenger, Marksman, Fast Lock and Engineer.  None of the weapon skills seem to be possible.

For Fast Lock (Anti-Air Medal), it was round 3 of the Severed Ties Prospector map.  Your rig is attacked by about a dozen Hawks.  Takes two rockets to kill one on Normal difficulty, so you'll need to keep a bunker alive to reload.

Message 16 of 27 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6426 posts

Jan 7, 2013
I just unlocked the spawn with a shotgun skill.
Message 17 of 27 (86 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48888 posts

Jan 7, 2013

thesupertman wrote:

i unlocked the weapons ones in arena DM games. I would just spawn in on that weapon and keep killing until I got it!  That spawn with shotgun is key for DM.

Message 18 of 27 (78 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2622 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

thesupertman wrote:

i unlocked the weapons ones in arena DM games. I would just spawn in on that weapon and keep killing until I got it!  That spawn with rocket launcher is key for DM.

fixed it for you :smileywink:

Message 19 of 27 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 7, 2013
Grinder = 2 for 1 kills.

Also, Arena servers are prime for unlocking these.

this is me helping
Message 20 of 27 (70 Views)
0 Likes