Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5027 posts

Re: This game still alive?

Feb 15, 2013

Will send him your love, GOW.

Tried to post earlier and had technical fail.

@Plymco: I'll take your advice re moving on -- it's the right thing to do. To address your earlier comments about the game, in reverse order:

(1) Community: per my exchange with GOW, I completely get it. You are eating at your favorite local joint, while I prefer going into the city (more choices, more crowds). To each his own. Just don't let GOW tell you to split the tab 50/50 after he orders twice as much as you!

(2) Gamplay: you've said it's "fun", but that doesn't tell me anything. I've heard Philly, Rubicon and some others wax poetic about SH and other games and that is more helpful to me. I undertstand MAG, so comparisons there will will work for me if that's the way you want to do it. There are lots of games I  consider fun (Borderlands, BF, MAG, Warhawk), but I like them in varying degrees and some of them are significantly better than others for reasons I could state at great length. 

Message 111 of 114 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Feb 18, 2013

but GOW misses you. 

Message 112 of 114 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Feb 18, 2013

I'd rather not know what any of that means.

Message 113 of 114 (107 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49161 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

I was going to write you up a few things chemical but then I just read this post and it basically explained part of what I find so awesome about starhawk, the fluidity of the battle.   Plus I like being able to build my base/destroy a base a lot, the RTS aspect is cool for me.    The flying, while not as fast as WH in PF, is a lot of fun for me too plus the general vehicle variety and things you can do. 

I actually like the ground game better than WH's ground game, even though snap aim is still cheap and cheezy in my mind its way better than sticky aim.  (and yeah i know about pushing up with sticky aim for headshots lol).  The only thing I didn't like better about SH's ground game than WH's was the grenades.  Oh and the on screen indicators in SH kinda suck, I wish we didn't have those visual crutches. 

BEN_drowned__ wrote:

I was playing a CTF with Southern Dude on Conduit. I believe we were on opposing teams. So, throughout the course of all the matches on that particular server, there was the same person who was infamous among my team. He would spawn on some high part of his base, get a grizzley, and patrol. In real life, it's smart, but this isn't real life. He would kill anything coming in and out of his base, since the Grizzley is great for dealing with ground vehicles. He got me a few times, until I had enough. I don't know where anyone else on my team went, and didn't care. I got my arsenal of weapons, a jetpack, and a bike. I came to their base from the side (still on Conduit) and immediatley got shot at. I didn't die though. I jumped over a hill and ended up on a small strip of land near the acid sea. I went around until I was in that area of land that's right behind the patrol. (He was on a sniper tower on the metal platform in the back. He also had a bubble shield) He detected me, so what I did was pop out of cover and go back. I was playing with him, which distracted him from my team mates. They were dumb for not going for the flag, but I think Southern Dude was keeping them busy. So while I took cover, I slipped under the platform and went to the right entrance of their base again. Someone from my team destroyed their bubble shield. I got behind a rock and started sniping their auto turrets. After that, I went behind the base again. He saw me again. I had enough of this. I hovered over him, threw some grenades and no scoped him. He died, but it was too late. The enemy scored the winning flag. The point of this is, no other shooting game's multiplayer can do something like this. Starhawk CAN have stealth. It can have better stealth than games like Ghost Recon, which is the main gameplay element of that game. It just depends on how you use it. It  actually seemed more interesting during the match.

There you go Southern

Message 114 of 114 (78 Views)
0 Likes