Message 51 of 114 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5027 posts

Re: This game still alive?

Feb 14, 2013

thesupertman wrote:
Dang this thread grew!!!!

I'd like to hear more from you, SuperT. I enjoy your enthusiasm on the boards as well. Why this game and not another game? Try to be specific and detailed. What other MP games have you played? Why SH and not those? What is it about SH gameplay that appeals to you? 

Message 52 of 114 (151 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6552 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Starhawk is the only Game I think is fun. Every other game I own your that is coming out does not interest me (except dust). Every single match in starhawk plays out differently, and starhawk is always giving me a variety of ways to play the game. I have tryed many games, but they all get repetitive. Starhawk has a great feel, and makes me feel BA whenever I get a lot of kills. Also the way the points pop up on your screen is satisfying.
Message 53 of 114 (144 Views)
Fender Bender
3080 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I agree with the last thing.

Message 54 of 114 (134 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Ha, Starhawk has more players online right now than FarCry 3.  FC3 sold 4.5 million copies in it's first 60 days... but the MP is so completely screwed up that only about 100 people on PS3 are online.  Based on how hard it is to get a match going and then keep it going without getting kicked for server error, having your console freeze or lack of sufficient players for a match to continue, I can't blame them.  All of the griping we used to do about the "problems" in Starhawk and, after having beat my head against the FarCry wall for a couple of months, Starhawk looks and plays like the most polished, best balanced, smoothest running, most perfect online game ever made.

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Message 55 of 114 (128 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1201 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

To chemicalgroom,

I think thesupertman said it best, "the game is fun".

I've been a vocal critic on many of Starhawk's shortcomings but for all it's flaws the game is still fun to play.

So far there has been little to replace it as my favorite multiplayer other than maybe NFS: Most Wanted and a quick couple of rounds of good old Warhawk.

I don't play multiplayer games in general all that much but Warhawk and now Starhawk gives me ways to play that one doesn't find that often in "more mainstream" shooters.

Add to that the overall community. They also play it for the fun factor more than just leveling up. Sure some do, but in the grand scheme of things does reaching that next rank make you a better player? No, only that you played it more than someone else.

Starhawk's "arcadey" style of fast paced action and the freedom to play many different roles throughout a round keeps it from getting "too serious". Sure the game could have been "deeper" in the RTS elements (which I was hoping for) but thank the makers it's not as much work to try and enjoy as say Dust 514 seems to be going.

So if you're in the camp that feels Starhawk was a major disappointment and can't understand why anyone still plays this game, then all I can say is when the servers are matched well and the game don't lock up or kick you to the XMB, Starhawk is still very fun to play.

Message 56 of 114 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7543 posts

Feb 14, 2013

ManlyMisfit wrote:

I don't think BHD could win 25% of their games.

Well shucks now I'm gonna have to go check the stats. Just for giggles.  This comment may mean something if we gave a hoot.

You must be mistaking our ego for some of those other "da best" clans.

Message 57 of 114 (102 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Feb 14, 2013

GOW71 wrote:
Hi my name is GOW71 and I continue to play this game and post here because I actually like some of the people involved.

thanks bro, I played a ton of sh and enjoyed it for about 200 hours. because of the problems that have all been mentioned: balance, connection issues, flight not being what it should be, and the dwindling community, I've slowly lost interest.  I'm not sure I understand chem's argument about not being able to p/u other more popular games.  I find it hard to believe $60.00 is any real deterrent to the majority of people here.  I personally don't like first person shooters, for multiplayer anyway.  I think it's the lack of peripheral vision.  I enjoyed starhawk for what it was, a multi vehicle war game where you have a ton of different options, from camping to spawn ravaging and everything in between.  the game never caught on and now that there is no support the major issues will never be fixed.  starhawk had a lot of potential but it didn't live up to it.

Message 58 of 114 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7543 posts

Feb 14, 2013

chemicalgroom wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:
I tried to answer you but wanted to know what you specifically did not understand about the people who already told you "I still play because I enjoy the game and the community".  Hence my asking for further clarification of what part of that you do not comprehend.

Out of an abundance of caution, I actually just re-read the whole thread (twice!) and you actually never said that. However, you have said it now so I consider it no prejudicial error on your part.

Your answer has two parts, as does GOW's. You guys (GOW is a guy, no? I have never played with him/her, and GOW is a unisexual screen name -- I'll assume GOW is a dude for the time being because when I hear GOW I think of that white and red guy).

"I enjoy the game': why? Again, you loved MAG - and Starhawk seems to have zero in common with MAG. It's not FPS, the servers are pretty small, there are few if any inherent benefits to team-oriented behavior (as compared to the scoring system in MAG), etc. As I said before, MAG (to me) is much more like BF3. I suppose the only caveat might be that IF someone were to play MAG as SVER and win nearly every round (as seemed to be the case when I was playing MAG -- SVER won someting like 80% of its matches) and someone were to play Starhawk and enjoy similar success, that might be an incentive to stick with SH rather than play a new game. I would think that a competent SH player who gets on line to play with the same group regularly probably DOES have a relatively high winning percentage.

"I enjoy the community": that I get, but I think you mean "the BHD community" (for the most part). A pretty healthy percentage of the posts here are BHD. It sounds (correct me if I am wrong) like you play a fair amount in community servers that are often populated by BHD folks. Nothing wrong with that - the same can be said of me in BF3, although my "regular" group is a mish-mosh of clan affiliations who are either former Warhawkers (including SUGA folks, but extending to NNN, CCX, etc.) or other gaming clans that we've gotten to know through the Batlefield franchise. My preference is to have as large a community as I can because I never know when I'll be online; I can't count on playing the same 1-2 hour slot all the time or on showing up for any sort of scheduled event.

Anyhoo, those are my 15 cents. 

Yup I'm a dude!

As far as enjoying the game, now this is MY and only MY perspective mind you. I am breaking free of the mindhold that BHD the almighty has on my thought process for this one...

I just have fun playing it. Period.  I don't need to always win. Heck my KDR doesn't matter to me, nor does my win/loss ration.  I just have fun with it. The vehicles, the weaopns, the style of the game. It's different.  Even with it's shortcomings I enjoy it.  You know how some people just love the Rocky Horror Picture show and others are just like yeah whatever.... consider Starhawk my RHPS.

As far as me enjoying the "community" goes. I don't limit my consideration of what is community to these forums.  Which I am under no delusion of are actually starting to die. For real this time.  <Oh no I said it. I have several friends that I play with that are not BHD members that I paly with MORE than BHD members.  I am also known to enter a totally random server here and there if no one I know is on. It is always more fun to play with friends though. I consider all of my Starhawk interactions it's "communtiy" it encompasses all of it. Not just forums. So by that I very much enjoy the "community".  It's not just a tab on the top of a forum in my eyes.

I thank you for taking such an interest in my and others opinion.  I am always willing to share my point of view. Even if it may not agree with someone elses.

Message 59 of 114 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6552 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Are you guys crazy??? Starhawk is perfect!!!! It has no flaws at all!!!!
Message 60 of 114 (99 Views)
0 Likes