Mar 18 2013
By: Vanishing-Star First Son 2 posts

Total Noob getting owned every 5 Seconds. Literally. Help would be appreciated.

[ Edited ]
61 replies 354 views Edited Mar 18, 2013

Hello everyone!

I have just recently purchased Starhawk after hearing some absolutely amazing things about the game. Needless to say, I was very impressed with just about everything. After about an hour of learning the basics, I was more than eager to jump into the sprawling Online Modes.

I figured DeathMatch or Team Deathmatch would be a great place to start out trying to utilize some various online Techniques against other players.

And then it happened. And by "it" I mean literally, after every time I spawned and subsequently resspawned, I was killed instantly by another player who basically had a hard on for me. This made it incredibly difficult to enjoy the game in almost any possible way. I was getting (and still am) getting killed before I can even pick up a decent weapon and aim it.

I've even tried applying numerous tactics as well; including the "Stealth" playstyle, and somehow, someone always knows where to find me no matter which Watch Post I'm at, the run and gun just gets me flat out killed in a matter of three shots, and if I turn tail and run for my life, I'm basically just asking for it.

The worst part is, as I've painfully come to find out, is the taunting that comes from these arrogant players after they kill you a thousand times over. Like the humiliation of having a Veteran player repetedly kill you isn't enough. You'd expect some of these Veteran players to be a littile more sympathetic and show at least some level of maturity. As I've come to find out, I'm apparently "Cannon Fodder" every single time I spawn and Respawn.

I've looked in the Stickied Thread, "New to Starhawk" and found some basic information that was provided, and found it somewhat useful, however, I have absolutely no idea what to do against these kinds of players. It's making the Game almost unplayable for me because of players such as these.

So basically what I'm looking for is ANY information or tips that can help me out substantially. I do happen to have a working Headset, so if someone is willing to offer tutoring or something, that'd be pretty cool as well. I apologize in advance for my total lack of knowledge and expertise in this game; I've just never been so discouraged while playing a game in my life and starting to regret the decision of buying this.

Message 1 of 62 (354 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1194 posts

Re: Total Noob getting owned every 5 Seconds. Literally. Help would be appreciated.

[ Edited ]
Mar 18, 2013

Ouch! I've been playing the game since the early beta and I still get owned like that when in Deathmatches.

I would try something other than jumping into a Deathmatch since this game was all designed around speed.

Kill quick and kill often or in our case, die  quick and die often. :smileyvery-happy:

I would test some of the other team based modes and get a feel for the game and tactics. This helps you learn how the weapons are used by players of all skill levels and how to counter them.

And there is no real "stealth" in this game like other shooters out there. Sure there may be a skill perk for not showing up on radar and a pickup for the Hawk that last for a few seconds but very little in the way of hiding places. So I would think differently about finding a spot and hoping to get a few kills in without being seen.

Message 2 of 62 (341 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7465 posts

Re: Total Noob getting owned every 5 Seconds. Literally. Help would be appreciated.

Mar 18, 2013

Welcome to the forums! And Starhawk!

Practice practice!  This game is very unforgiving for new players. You will die as you have seen a LOT.  You've already poked your head in the New to SH and tactic threads so no need for me to direct you there.

Try out our community night on Wednesdays and you will meet some people willing to help, though you will probably also run into some of the type of players you are more "familiar" with too.

This game can be a blast, and as you have seen can also be merciless if on the recieving end.  Play for funa and disregard your stats. They mean nothing in this game.  See you in the outer spur!

Message 3 of 62 (329 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Mar 18, 2013

play prospector, that's basically co op, you can join from the server list or make your own.  that's probably the best place to get your skills up. most importantly do a search for snap aim here, that will help immeasurably.

Message 4 of 62 (324 Views)
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Mar 18, 2013
If you friend me on PSN I can help u out :smileyhappy: Rift_-_Maker_
Message 5 of 62 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7465 posts

Mar 18, 2013

Rift_-_Maker_ wrote:
If you friend me on PSN I can help u out :smileyhappy: Rift_-_Maker_

^^ He's a good guy!  Good at the game too.  Plays with a good group of people I usually hook up with too.

Message 6 of 62 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1991 posts

Mar 18, 2013
Send me a FR and I can help you learn the hawk. I pretty much suck on the ground but I am decent in a hawk.
Photobucket
Message 7 of 62 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Mar 18, 2013

bus_driver68 wrote:
Send me a FR and I can help you learn the hawk. I pretty much suck on the ground but I am decent in a hawk.

Don't get in his van!!!  There is NO candy!!!!   :smileylol:

Message 8 of 62 (287 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Mar 18, 2013

oh and welcome to the community of dooshes that don't understand that a good game is a competitive game, not one that is 12 vs 3. 

Message 9 of 62 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Mar 18, 2013
Heres a tip:

Dont play Team Vs Team modes. What i mean is, modes where the main objective is one team has to attack the other; CTF and TDM(acceptional for Assault). Untill you become more familiarized, revisit these modes.

Play objective based games that harm the other team untill a final showdown; Zones and Assault.

If you are more independent and like dast action, play Deathmatch Arena.

And if you like flying, which is not easy, play Gatekeeper(team objective) or Dogfight(solo).

Find your play style and i hope this helps :smileyhappy:
Message 10 of 62 (275 Views)
0 Likes