PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Re: Total Noob getting owned every 5 Seconds. Literally. Help would be appreciated.

Mar 27, 2013

Have to say this Thread is not filling me with confidence for my impending foray into the World of SH Online Play.

Think I will reach out to my friends for some Private Matches first.  Question for this, is a headset necessary?

Moble

Message 51 of 62 (101 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6552 posts

Re: Total Noob getting owned every 5 Seconds. Literally. Help would be appreciated.

Mar 27, 2013
A headset is not nessasary, but it would help.
Message 52 of 62 (98 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Mar 27, 2013

thesupertman wrote:
A headset is not nessasary, but it would help.

Yeah, I figure it might make it easier to get direction and tips from people.  I am not going to run out and spend $100+ on a headset though.

I might have to pick up one of the PS Bluetooth Nodes or something.

Moble

Message 53 of 62 (96 Views)
Gaming Beast
1991 posts

Mar 27, 2013
Any Bluetooth headset will work in the beginning. A good over the ear set with 5.1 or 7.1 will make a world of difference in all of your games.
Photobucket
Message 54 of 62 (93 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Mar 27, 2013

While I would love nothing more than to run out and get the $250 Turtle Beach Beauty, I am not confident my Wife would appreciate that.  As well, there are so many other things I could do with that money.

I have surround in my living room, so sound is not a huge factor for me.  The $30-$40 in ear piece should suit for communications I figure.

I have a Jabra Blue Tooth piece the PS3 recognizes and registers, but it has never worked for BF3.  Not sure if that was a BF3 thing, or if the system, while showing it active, is just not liking the link.  Not sure.

I agree though, from playing online with the computer, having a headset, where you can hear the grass rustle in the breeze, is infinitely helpful when listening for clues to enemy approaches and positions.  Just not in the budget though.:smileysad:

Moble

Message 55 of 62 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1043 posts

Mar 27, 2013

I have a Sony Ps3 blue thooth and it seems to work just fine, it was 40$. If I would have gotten a 250$ one my wife would have probably punched me!

Message 56 of 62 (82 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Mar 27, 2013

start playing the surround sound really loud, your wife might appreciate the headphones more than you think.  :smileytongue:

Message 57 of 62 (79 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7465 posts

Mar 27, 2013

wrappy wrote:

start playing the surround sound really loud, your wife might appreciate the headphones more than you think.  :smileytongue:

LOL! Play your cards right like I did and she'll buy if FOR YOU! I had a good christmas :smileywink:

Message 58 of 62 (73 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Mar 27, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

wrappy wrote:

LOL! Play your cards right like I did and she'll buy if FOR YOU! I had a good christmas :smileywink:

Not going to hold my breath on that one.  If my Wife had her way, she would set the PS3 on fire.  She HATES Video Games.:smileyindifferent:

Moble

Message 59 of 62 (71 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49829 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

wrappy wrote:

Not going to hold my breath on that one.  If my Wife had her way, she would set the PS3 on fire.  She HATES Video Games.:smileyindifferent:

Moble

Most of the time they just hate that we spend time paying attention to video games and when we do we generally seem completely content and happy.  The lady's mind goes "Why doesn't he spend that time like that with me being all happy and content like that"  :smileytongue:   Then there is the rare type of lady that gets mad because you are hogging the PS3 and SHE wants to play something!  

You'll be ok Moble, any cheap cell phone blutooth that is compatable with the PS3 will be good enough to communicate your questions.  

I had this one for 4 years, came free with my purchase of Warhawk back in 2007 :smileytongue:   http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-BT125-Bluetooth-Headset-Black/dp/B000J4HCBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=13643...

Message 60 of 62 (59 Views)