Oct 18 2012
By: ballsmakinze Fender Bender 2611 posts

UPDATED 12-5 No 1.05 via SMS see op for updates

[ Edited ]
403 replies 1336 views Edited Dec 5, 2012

UPDATE- http://www.giantbomb.com/news/some-updates-from-lightbox-on-studios-future/4423/?utm_source=twitterf...

Via http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/10/18/rumor-starhawk-developer-lightbox-interactive-hit-with-major-la...

Update: Sony has responded with a statement, confirming that it will no longer be working with LightBox:

Sony Computer Entertainment can confirm that it has amicably ended its working agreement with developer LightBox Interactive, Inc. We have had a positive and long-standing working relationship with this talented studio, and wish them the best of success in their next endeavor. Starhawk and Warhawk will continue to be supported by Santa Monica Studio.

Also, LightBox Interactive's President, Dylan Jobe, had the following to say:

I am not shutting down LightBox Interactive but I did pre-emptively inform my staff that there were going to be lay-offs on Friday -- 24 people to be exact.

Too often in our industry, people are "let-go" with no warning, no severance, no time at all to prepare their portfolios. It's actually quite terrible. That's NOT how we run things here at LightBox Interactive. The whole reason for me informing my team of lay-offs before they happen is so they have time to prepare. Collect stuff for their portfolios, capture screen shots or video -- the stuff that helps people land on their feet. All 24 employees were also given a severance package.

Why the lay-offs? Well, as you know... the industry is changing. We are moving away from traditional console development to self-fund the development of our next game on Apple's iOS devices.

Santa Monica Studio and Sony Computer Entertainment are fantastic people and great to work with. We have had, and will continue to have, a great relationship with everyone over there and I have no doubt that they'll continue to bring the kick-**bleep** games -- and hardware -- to gamers everywhere.
-------------

So what about the stuff they sent to Sony a few weeks ago?

LBI Pete said everything even hotfixes would have to go through Sony so now that they're not with Sony are we done?

UPDATE- http://www.giantbomb.com/news/some-updates-from-lightbox-on-studios-future/4423/?utm_source=twitterf...

12-3

Well here it is guys
@Batenswytch @random_thots A 1.05 was not communicated or promised, however, the team is looking at some balance refinements

Says it all....

Message 1 of 404 (1,336 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Re: No 1.05 or future DLC's

Oct 18, 2012

The game is still supported.  We just had a coaching change.

Message 2 of 404 (1,323 Views)
Wastelander
656 posts

Oct 18, 2012
Well, I guess It's back to UC2. I'm never playing UC3 again because... well... it sucks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 404 (1,319 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6552 posts

Oct 18, 2012
So is santa Monica taking over and making future updates?

I hope Santa monica will at least fix the xmb kicks!
Message 4 of 404 (1,315 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
656 posts

Oct 18, 2012
They better advertise the sh!t out of this game so it lives for another decade
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 404 (1,309 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6552 posts

Oct 18, 2012
I actually think LBI will do better working for apple. Gameloft makes the best app games right now, but they have new compition!

I hope console gaming doesn't die.

I love starhawk, and I hope it will get new updates from Santa Monica!
Message 6 of 404 (1,307 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Oct 18, 2012
I think what they mean by Sony Santa Monica supporting it, is that they will manage how the servers stay up etc. etc. @thesupertman, There will be no more fixes as stated in the OP.

Now , they're switching to the iOS platform? That's an amazing turn of events.
0 Likes
Wastelander
656 posts

Oct 18, 2012
That sucks IMO. Anything that isn't a console is garbage to me. I would hate PC gaming. A controller would help, but then it would be like just playing with a smaller TV, which sucks.
Message 8 of 404 (1,300 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Oct 18, 2012
Please keep working on this game and keep fixing it and even make some more DLC.
Message 9 of 404 (1,298 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Oct 18, 2012
Ok that's what I was asking only because I didn't know. They'll still be support but since Sony has to approve DLC's there won't be anymore or a 1.05 but I know they have stuff they sent to Sony. I wonder what happened to that?
Message 10 of 404 (1,295 Views)
0 Likes