Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Re: Warhawk vs Starhawk! YOU decide!

Dec 31, 2011

Starhawk has thrown in too many generic traits to appease the COD crowd.

Warhawk is still the best online game out IMO.

Don't get me wrong i'll probably still get Starhawk but i doubt i'll put anywhere near as many hours into it.

Message 91 of 1,554 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
700 posts

Dec 31, 2011

Well we can't really decide until we see the full game. For example, after playing the Warhawk demo, I like the Starhawk beta more. But I haven't experienced the full game yet so I can't decide. I'll go with Starhawk on this one though.

Message 92 of 1,554 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Dec 31, 2011

Warhawk kills Starhawk in terms of gameplay

I'm on the fence right now in terms of buying Starhawk... it was once my 2012 "must-have" but the beta kind of ruined my enthusiasm for the game

(just being honest)

Message 93 of 1,554 (544 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
904 posts

Jan 1, 2012

This is like comparing your house to the unfinished one they're building next door.  Of course you have a better house, but they sure have laid a nice foundation next door.    

Message 94 of 1,554 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
529 posts

Jan 1, 2012

I havent played Starhawk yet so i'm going to have to wait to make a direct comparison but...

the biggest problem is that very few people play Warhawk anymore. There are almost no Sony servers up anymore, the user hosted servers are almost always run by dudes that like to kick you if you kill them or they are completly one-sided (enough with the Eucadia northern bridge map already) and its near impossible to find a match that has any of the expansion packs.

Starhawk will give an infusion of new players, and that will be good for both games.

Starhawk
Message 95 of 1,554 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
700 posts

Jan 1, 2012

And there will be maps. The thing that turned a lot of people off on the beta, was the maps, which are small and not as varied as Warhawk ones.

Message 96 of 1,554 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Jan 1, 2012

G-Walla wrote:

This is like comparing your house to the unfinished one they're building next door.  Of course you have a better house, but they sure have laid a nice foundation next door.    

I disagree. I think the foundation is the problem.

The foundation should have been Warhawk and had additions made such as finetuning the graphics, adding improved animations and female skins but instead we have something more generic and noob friendly.

This is the problem i have with it, most shooters you just run and gun, die and repeat. This was never the case in Warhawk because it took skill to survive and take people down. In Starhawk you don't need any skill to take someone down cause you can rely on regenerative health or the R3 melee button.

On top of that you also have to call buildings down to get weapons and vehicles which is much more like loadouts you find in KZ and COD rather than allowing for random battles.

Warhawk will forever be better unless the foundation gets changed.

Message 97 of 1,554 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
700 posts

Jan 1, 2012

Look, this isn't supposed to be Warhawk 2. It's a totally different game, based on the bare foundation of Warhawk. Calling down buildings for weapons is nothing like CoD loadouts or Killzone. If there was no skill needed in Starhawk, explain why some people have 32-3 and others have 4-12? Yeah thought so. The BnB allows for completely different battles every round, because YOU shape the map.

Message 98 of 1,554 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Jan 1, 2012

Legendary-Ecko wrote:

Look, this isn't supposed to be Warhawk 2. It's a totally different game, based on the bare foundation of Warhawk. Calling down buildings for weapons is nothing like CoD loadouts or Killzone. If there was no skill needed in Starhawk, explain why some people have 32-3 and others have 4-12? Yeah thought so. The BnB allows for completely different battles every round, because YOU shape the map.

It can be like Warhawk and not be Warhawk 2 at the same time. Warhawk is a winning formula that should be continued.

B&B is like loadouts because you choose what you want to use (selecting buildings). You don't just use what you find.

In games like COD you can also pick up weapons that don't apply to your loadout just like how in Starhawk you can find weapons and vehicles in a structure that you have not built.

Message 99 of 1,554 (544 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
904 posts

Jan 1, 2012

bitbydeath wrote:

I disagree. I think the foundation is the problem.

The foundation should have been Warhawk and had additions made such as finetuning the graphics, adding improved animations and female skins but instead we have something more generic and noob friendly.

This is the problem i have with it, most shooters you just run and gun, die and repeat. This was never the case in Warhawk because it took skill to survive and take people down. In Starhawk you don't need any skill to take someone down cause you can rely on regenerative health or the R3 melee button.

On top of that you also have to call buildings down to get weapons and vehicles which is much more like loadouts you find in KZ and COD rather than allowing for random battles.

Warhawk will forever be better unless the foundation gets changed.

I'm not following you, bud.  Anytime I just run around shooting like a jackass in Starhawk, much like in Warhawk, I get my fool head blown off.  And I still don't see the comparisons to Call of Duty, other than adding a button to melee rather than having to switch to a knife and regenerating health.  And neither of those things have lessened my enjoyment.  It's now easier to knife someone that gets too close, but miss and it leaves you open.  No more jackasses just running around swinging their knife wildly like on Close Quarters.  Regenerating health can be annoying if you're having trouble killing someone, but it's a godsend if you're smart enough to stick to areas with decent cover so you can get your life back and come out shooting when someone gets the drop on you.    

Message 100 of 1,554 (128 Views)
0 Likes